Anil Kumble - Leading spinner in this edition

King

Anil Kumble has been bowling brilliantly and has been the leading spinner in this edition of IPL. On top of this he has also had to lead BRC that were in doldrums early on. After he has taken up the captaincy he has not only led them well but has also shown he is able to lead from the front. Anil Kumble has been so good he has outshined Warne in claiming more wickets, better RPO and strike rate. Anil has outshone even Murali in this tourney in terms of wickets. Murali's RPO is 5.66 and Kumble's is 5.89 while Anil's strike rate is 18.8 and Murali's is 22.9 Many have tried bot not suceeded in slogging Kumble out of the park. Anil has been a revelation this IPL :hatsoff: to the highly under rated player in the tourney. He doesn't usually get noticed enough for some reason. A knock by Tendulkar or Rahul the forms go on fire but not much is usually said about Anil here. Whether BRC will go to semis or not Anil Kumble has done justice to his role both as a player and a captain. I'd go on to say he has bettered Dhoni, Tendulkar, Sehwag and Yuvraj in the captaincy capacity.

Anil Kumble has been bowling brilliantly and has been the leading spinner in this edition of IPL. On top of this he has also had to lead BRC that were in doldrums early on. After he has taken up the captaincy he has not only led them well but has also shown he is able to lead from the front. Anil Kumble has been so good he has outshined Warne in claiming more wickets, better RPO and strike rate. Anil has outshone even Murali in this tourney in terms of wickets. Murali's RPO is 5.66 and Kumble's is 5.89 while Anil's strike rate is 18.8 and Murali's is 22.9 Many have tried bot not suceeded in slogging Kumble out of the park. Anil has been a revelation this IPL :hatsoff: to the highly under rated player in the tourney. He doesn't usually get noticed enough for some reason. A knock by Tendulkar or Rahul the forms go on fire but not much is usually said about Anil here. Whether BRC will go to semis or not Anil Kumble has done justice to his role both as a player and a captain. I'd go on to say he has bettered Dhoni, Tendulkar, Sehwag and Yuvraj in the captaincy capacity.
I think it is easy to deduce that everyone was better as a captain than Tendulkar and Sehwag, specially Sehwag KP and Mccullum can be targetted too but I wud say KP didn't really play the whole series and Mccullum was woefully out of form with a horrible team at his back Why a maverick like Sehwag is ever given any leadership role is beyond my understanding :dontknow:

Who would have thought, of all players, Anil would be the leading wicket taker. I have to admit that when I saw him play the first match, I was slightly surprised that he's even part of the IPL. I am encouraged by the performance of guys like Anil, Haydos and Murali. It shows that even Sach can play till he's 40. :yay:

I was speaking to Salil a while ago about Kumble. What a player. Guy gives it his all to the team. Fascinating to watch him. The last few matches, he's been quite brilliant, and probably the best moment came when Yuvraj fell to him after hitting him for 2 sixes in consecutive overs. His energy knows no bounds, and he's just amazingly competitive. Here's an article about Kumble at CI today: http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/405082.html