Sachin Speaks Up

NAGPUR, April 3: As if the World Cup disaster wasn't bad enough, the seniors in Team India have to cope with the humiliation and attitude and commitment barbs that coach Greg Chappell has allegedly been throwing at them. But they have had enough. As the storm of rage continues to blow across the country, some of the cricketers decided to break their dignified silence and spoke to TOI . " Paani sar se ooncha ho gaya hai ( Chappell has taken things a bit too far to keep quiet )." "Tell me, the world has gone on talking about all this (our defeat and exit) but has anybody spared a thought for us? Did they try to find out what we have been going through?" a shaken Sachin Tendulkar asked TOI . "I am shattered beyond words and I feel helpless. I've never felt so bad in my entire career." he added. "No matter how many Tests or one-day series you win, nothing else even comes close to a World Cup triumph. The World Cup was our passion, our collective goal, our dream and that has been shattered. And we all are terribly disappointed over it. "Again, it's not that we are defending ourselves. We do realise that we played badly and, as a team, we take full responsibility for that. But what hurt us most is if the coach has questioned our attitude. "I've given my heart and my soul for 17 years. No coach had mentioned even in passing that my attitude was not correct. Cricket has been my life for all these years and will always be," Tendulkar said. Some of the seniors are, in fact, so upset with the personal attacks that they are hoping to meet BCCI president Sharad Pawar on April 5 to present their side of the story. BCCI has already called for a high-powered review meeting on April 6 and 7 to chart out the future course of action for Indian cricket. The meeting will be attended by BCCI's office-bearers and seven former captains, including Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Ravi Shastri and S Venkatraghavan. Before that, captain Rahul Dravid, chief selector Dilip Vengsarkar, coach Chappell and manager on the West Indies tour, Sanjay Jagdale, will meet the Board officials to explain the team's performance. The senior players want to meet Pawar before that. Source - TOI http://worldcup.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1853133.cms

Re: Sachin Speaks Up This guy used to be considered unanimously as one of the top 10 greatest cricketers ever. It didnt matter whom you asked, Sachin would be in top 10 if not top 5. Today he struggles to find a place in India XI! How the mighty have fallen! Call it a day before you embarass yourself further Sachin.

Re: Sachin Speaks Up Does anyone think there is any fault with them? It is always the next guy. Question to Sachin: Was he mighty pissed that he lost his opening spot and did that cause him to not be in talking terms with Chappell? If so, did it affect his performance in the world cup?

Re: Sachin Speaks Up Tendulkar is an idiot all he wants is Chappel sacked so he can carry on playing without any care and get payed the same amount. I finally relised that Tendulkar is just playing for the money This is something I didn't expect from Indian players, this is disgusting.

Re: Sachin Speaks Up I don't know why Sachin should go around making statements at this point in time particularly when Greg has not said a word officially in the press. The best way to shut everyone up is by scoring runs. When you have no runs behind to back up your statements it will only mean yet another unwanted statement. I personally think he should let the bat do the talking as he used to. Of late he has spoken way too many times, promising performance in South Africa, promising amazing things in WC, playing in 2011 WC et al. I have no time for these talks both from the players and the coach :shrug:

Re: Sachin Speaks Up Chappel's coaching record speaks for itself. he left the South Aus tearm he coached in doldrums and now the Indian team. I guess we should have listened to Ste Waugh when he said that Greg Chappel should not be touched with a 10-foot pole !

Re: Sachin Speaks Up Dont hold Sachin so high. This is BS about his attitude is always great etc. Even before the last world cup there was a big rift about who should open and Ganguly (becoz of his many failures) decided to come down else SRT was sulking. I dont care about what he has done in the past question is is he worth a spot in the team. Shouldnt we develop younger players rather than waste a spot on him?

Re: Sachin Speaks Up

Dont hold Sachin so high. This is BS about his attitude is always great etc. Even before the last world cup there was a big rift about who should open and Ganguly (becoz of his many failures) decided to come down else SRT was sulking. I dont care about what he has done in the past question is is he worth a spot in the team. Shouldnt we develop younger players rather than waste a spot on him?
Simple question. Name 3 batsmen you would pick ahead of Sachin !

Re: Sachin Speaks Up Didnt know Sachin is this silly to go before the crowd after hearing some nonsense written in news. Chappell has neither written his report not given any interview stating these matters. These are just rumors put out by media to gain attention. Sachin has easily fallen prey to these attention seeking reports or is it the other way around that he is feeling guilty and is pleading not guilty?

Re: Sachin Speaks Up Even if GC was the worst human/coach ever then how exactly did he prevent Indian players from performing on the actual field? I blame the players PERIOD! Did GC pull Sachin's bat and leave a huge gap between the bat and pad????????????

Re: Sachin Speaks Up With no runs/performances to back him, SRT appears like a dumbass especially since he has been promising the moon (SAf series, WC 2007, WC 2011 etc.) and delivering zilch. Not sure how GC questioning his attitude/commitment led to his poor performance!!! If at all, this should have fired him and should have reflected in his batting - I wouldnt mind if he had scored the same number of runs but with a positive attitude! Also why is he responding to rumors??!! Clearly seems like an ass saving exercise!!! :chin: He could have sent an SMS to some newspaper editor (Midday from amchi Mumbai) if he wanted to vent :hic: Just as I was thinking GC was a "keeda" :shrug:

Re: Sachin Speaks Up ^Exactly gai. No matter how bad Chappell is/was, no matter how divisive he is/was, no matter whatever. No coach can make you lose against an absolute cr@p team like BD. One could have blamed the coach/captain/whoever if we had reached the Super 8 and not made it to the Semis but not getting there is attributable only to the prima donnas.