Why is Dravid silent ???

Ram

Dravid's take on all this could literally make or break this issue. that coz he has been alleged to have followed whatever chappell had thought up. Whatver chappelle says -- we need to take it with a pinch of salt. Whatever the tendulkar camp says -- we need to take it with two pinches of salt. Dravid's opinion wil probably matter most. he needs to come out with the truth.. atlest to the board... I cant wait for april 6 .. sparks are going to fly. :eek:

Re: Why is Dravid silent ??? i think 6th is just a few days away. The players(thru sachin) has said what they have to say. Chappell has made his sentiments public thru famed SMS's and behind the scene comments. I dont think Dravid would make public statements.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Why is Dravid silent ??? BTW noone pilloried this guy.. apaarently tendulkar need to score .. ganguly not only needs to score but even on fast clip no matter ho many wickets are donw he must keep hitting ( well that;s what clowns are suggesting) let us see what dravid did.. he hits four consecutive fours and throws the towel... 7-8 run an over for a veteran should not have been reason enought to quit.

Re: Why is Dravid silent ??? Dravid is probably pissed with everybody including himself and rightfully so. Looks like he was bullied by the players and by chappell. Dravid is not cut out to handle so many egos including the one of the coach. I would prefer if he doesn't say anything, cause if he really told the truth I believe it will be ugly for all.

Re: Why is Dravid silent ???

BTW noone pilloried this guy.. apaarently tendulkar need to score .. ganguly not only needs to score but even on fast clip no matter ho many wickets are donw he must keep hitting ( well that;s what clowns are suggesting) let us see what dravid did.. he hits four consecutive fours and throws the towel... 7-8 run an over for a veteran should not have been reason enought to quit.
He was severely cramping for god's sake.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Why is Dravid silent ??? get arunner.... it still could have been pulled off if he hung around.. inside out over cover for six now u don't play this shot when cramping ...

Dravid is silent ....because he is probably the only one who has some brains and the only one who is putting the team first.
i was just about to post something similar.... he is silent, cos he has class... since last 5 yrs, sachin has been whining and moaning like a beatch in heat... either his arms are hurting, or the coach aint talking or he needs to open or his shoulder is hurting.... fack, he is maturing the reverse order.... he was like a 30 yr old, when he debuted at 16 and now he is like a 15 yr old at 32 yrs...

Seriously ' date=' Looks like Dravid is being pushed around by everybody. He is in a catch 22 situation now. Silence is only ally right now. He doesn't need this sh.it anymore. He is better of relinquishing his captaincy and just concentrate on his batting.[/quote'] Inside information is that he may not take up the captaincy even if he is offered at all. Perhaps the selectors and the board may pursue him to accept it.

Re: Why is Dravid silent ??? The over-whelming sentiment seems to be - Dravid should stay silent.. Not wash dirty linen in public... But for atleast Indian cricket's sake , he needs to come out with the truth.. This is golden chance for us to put right mistakes that have been made so far. If some established players' reuputation is going to be sullied because of that , so be it. And anyways , the only guy whose words still have any credibility left is Rahul. I have a sneaking suspicion Bhajji , Sehwag and to an extent Sachin will get not-so-kind reviews compiled by Rahul.

I have a sneaking suspicion Bhajji ' date=' Sehwag and to an extent Sachin will get not-so-kind reviews compiled by Rahul.[/quote'] I would agree about Bhajji ,Ganguly and to some extent Sachin. But Sehwag was Dravid's selection. Dravid's review would obviously be good about him. Otherwise he will get the blame.