Younis agrees to captain Pakistan on his terms

Pakistan vice-captain Younis Khan met Cricket Board Chairman Naseem Ashraf and agreed to take over the captaincy following the team's World Cup debacle, sources said today. The sources in the Board said that Younis met Ashraf Monday night and had a detailed discussion over captaincy and the future vision of the national team. Contrary to reports that Younis was not interested in taking up the captaincy, the sources said he had told Ashraf he would accept the responsibility if offered by the Board. "Younis said he had no problems captaining the side but the Board should keep some things very clear in their mind. Younis made it clear that he was prone to speaking his mind if he felt any player was not giving his 100 per cent or if the team was not responding to the captain," the source said. "He told Ashraf the Board should keep this in mind when appointing him as captain as he would not compromise when it came to the national team's performance," the source disclosed. Ashraf had called the meeting to discuss the short-and long-term future plans for the team. Inzamam-ul-Haq stepped down as captain after Pakistan were shocked by Ireland and eliminated from the World Cup. Inzamam said at a recent press conference that according to him Younis was the automatic choice to become captain since he had been vice-captain for last two years now. But some media reports had suggested that Younis was not interested in the post after having a bad experience in the Champions Trophy in India last year.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Younis agrees to captain Pakistan on his terms

if this news is true' date=' I wonder if MOYO would have still converted? :huh: :huh:[/quote'] :wtg: :wtg: As per yester-years news clip other hafiz-e-quran types wives refused to have breakfast with youhana's (bhangi as per paistani lexicon) wife on the same table.. so sudden change of beleif could certainly be attributed to what u are connoting towards.. BTW he did enjoy captaincy for a while but for long term it was nto to be Kahawat hai " Muh ko aaya hath na laga" :lmao:

Re: Younis agrees to captain Pakistan on his terms "Younis said he had no problems captaining the side but the Board should keep some things very clear in their mind. Younis made it clear that he was prone to speaking his mind if he felt any player was not giving his 100 per cent or if the team was not responding to the captain," the source said. If thats the case then I am sure he will be successful. When Imran Khan led Pakistan, he never gave a phuk about Selectors or Board.. his team, his people, and they better perform Ganguly to that extent was similar

if this news is true' date=' I wonder if MOYO would have still converted? :huh: :huh:[/quote'] he seems to have taken his new religion too seriously. i think he is better off not being the cappo, not wanting to be photographed and all that.
Guest dada_rocks

But I am surprised at the fact that Inzi recommended YK over MOYO. I thought these two didn't get along well at all. They fought over a practise soccer game for god's sake.
I have played with pakistanis they fight like hell among themselves will throw dirtiest expletives u will ever hear but that's all part of the game. I have seen them not taking that seriously at all.....there u go one good thing about pakistanis

But I am surprised at the fact that Inzi recommended YK over MOYO.
come on man don't ruin the mood of the thread by stating the facts...ok guys let the speculations start again.
Maybe, Inzi just thought this is the best way to screw the Pakistan team further. :hic:

Re: Younis agrees to captain Pakistan on his terms Seriously, i dont know which team is in a pathetic situation... pak with everyone wanting to resign and india with no one wanting to resign... but man, cricket has not had so much fun and controversies since the packer days...