Time to Leave Australia ?

Desi Cartman

money in India I meant GHUS/Bribe I had 2 options :To complete CS and work in a company as a legal adviser. Starting salary at that time was 7-10k ... with 5 years exp it was said to be about 20k ...... Mujhay kya pata tha ke Indian economy was gonna take off. Had I stayed in India and completed my CS the salary would have been more than 1lac
Arre kya baat kar reha hai? Tum to ameer aadmi hai bhai. I was earning 5500 as my starting salary at TCS, woh bhi Mumbai mein. Late 90s ki baat hai. When I left, early 2000s, us samay 12K aata tha haath mein :giggle: By the way I was not talking about you in earlier post, just in general.

Arre kya baat kar reha hai? Tum to ameer aadmi hai bhai. I was earning 5500 as my starting salary at TCS, woh bhi Mumbai mein. Late 90s ki baat hai. When I left, early 2000s, us samay 12K aata tha haath mein :giggle: By the way I was not talking about you in earlier post, just in general.
I know .. humaray ghar mein saray sample hai .. IIT and RMIT ( Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology). i know he got offered peanuts when he graduated. PS: sorry for editing my post so many times

So money can only get u a degree not a job but at least they have a good lifestyle which they could have never achieved in India
And that is what I was hinting at earlier. See most Western countries know they are the Mecca for immigration and people will move to them for the lifestyle. And so even if Indian Govt pushes very hard they realize their would still be a beeline outside their Counsellates in India. Times are changing of course and I do hope this continues.

Barely eight months after landing Down Under, Modi got a shock of his life: a group of six Australian students thrashed him in a train. The 'curry bashing', as it is known there, left him so scared that he packed up within a week to return to Surat. Recent pictures of Indian students brutally beaten up have brought back memories of his bitter experience in Melbourne. ''I was going home from the university in the train when a group of six youngsters came up to me and asked for cigarettes. When I told them that I did not smoke, they started hurling racial abuses at me. Suddenly, they started beating me. The punched me in my face and kicked me while people around did nothing,'' he said. He discontinued his three-year degree course after just one semester at Holmesglen Institute of TAFE. He lost close to Rs 2 lakh paid as fees. Since then, he thought it best to focus on the family business. ''Attacks on Indian students are common there. They would not harass other Asian students but target Indians only,'' Suketu said. He recalled the case of Nikunj Patel of Vadodara, a taxi driver in Melbourne. ''Often, Australians would not pay him the fare. Once, he was shown a knife when he insisted on payment''. He said Nikunj could not return home as his parents had taken a hefty loan to send him to Australia. Premal Umap, a Sydney-based security professional who belongs to Vadodara, said such racial attacks were common. ''Most students avoid registering a complaint and suffer quietly,'' he said.

It is not whether statistics show India is unsafe relative to western countries. In India' date= I feel safe when I go for a walk to get something at 11:00 PM or 12:00 AM or even 1:00 AM. Ask me to do the same in Chicago, and I'll hesitate - I'd still go but I'd feel less secure. It is about my psychology being more important in judging whether one place is safer than another.
That is what happens.. apna country apna country hai.. in India, you are a localite and will get contacts ranging from bawarchis to ministers if any problem arises.. but in Australia or US your contacts would not be very good :dance::dance::dance:
Unlike macj's suggestion about weed-wanting or women-wanting that is leading to these deaths, what I feel is a much more plausible reasoning is that students who have been killed have been from relatively lower-middle-class families, who are looking for cheaper places to live. They are sacrificing safety for cost. I've been to a LOT of students' places (who have come from AP and meet the aforementioned requirements) and it is true that they live in really remote areas (away from the city, cheap studios/apartments in shady areas).
I still dont understand why students risk their safety and go to Australia etc. for studies when their financial position is not that good.. I also wanted to study in US, UK, Aus etc. during my childhood and spend rest of my life in those countries.. but as I grew up I realized the importance of one's own country .. I will get at least 10X more respect in India than in foreign country.. and in India I can live freely without much worries as it is my native country And the most important fact is that even if a person gets a good job in Aus, US etc. that will not guarantee a decent saving too.. frankly speaking a person in Aus, US etc. might get a better pay than their Indian counterparts but the fact remains that the cost of living in those countries will be a lot higher than India too.. and if you want to save money you will risk your safety and live in unsafe cheaper places .. so, if you live a decent living in that country than anyways you would not be able to save much.. and India is also changing nowadays and there are a lot more job opportunities in India then it used to be a decade or so ago.. nowadays almost all the big companies have outsourced a large portion of their jobs to India and outsourcing will increase with time for sure as it is benefiting them .... my personal opinion is that it is better to stay in India as a localite and enjoy the superiority than to remain abroad being opressed Bhai I advise that students should at first opt for India and go to Australia etc. only in case Indian universities and jobs does not fit them

I had a close friend who studied in sydney for 2 years, he's your over the average street smart punju guy who can pick almost any girl and make friends with everyone..even he told me that AUS is a great place but they are #1 racists Better off coming to Canada, you can bully the whites instead ( very understanding society ) - Vancouver - not mini londonistan called Toronto

I had a close friend who studied in sydney for 2 years, he's your over the average street smart punju guy who can pick almost any girl and make friends with everyone..even he told me that AUS is a great place but they are #1 racists Better off coming to Canada, you can bully the whites instead ( very understanding society ) - Vancouver - not mini londonistan called Toronto
x2

x2
Heard totally the opposite from my dad's friend. He went on to say they are the most racist people on the planet. Maybe he was exaggerating. One against two I think I will believe you guys on this.

there are 2 ways to look at it 1. Averages : every year 90,000 Indians are coming here and if there are going to be 70 stabbings a month in melbourne then some Indians will get attacked. Indians work in industries where they work late hours like taxi , security , chef etc so they are more likely to get attacked. Also all but 1 of these attacks are from one area and that area is full of druggies. So much so that even a decade ago that area wasnt safe for living. Jinkies knocked on doors at 2am and used ask for $20 to buy drugs .. many people (including desis) living in that area grow their own weed. 2. Its all racist , people just hate Indians and there seems to be a campaign against Indians IMO its a lot of #1 and a bit #2. The guy who got bashed in the train by a group of teenagers , I saw the video and one of the kid looked Indian/dark. The guy who got stabbed in Carnegie was because they found him alone at a station and wanted his money. No one out to carry out a hate crime would ever stab/attack anybody knowing that the area is under 24hr surveillance. For the attacks on Cabbies, its very common and cabbies get attacked everywhere in the world. In Melbourne at 90% of the cabbies are desis so if someone is gonna attack a cabbie 90% chances are that its gonna be a desi. I think some of these attacks look racially motivated but not majority. There has been a change in desi population , so much that if u walk in the melbourne city then you'll notice that at least 25% people walking around are Indians.

Guest Gunner

I am living in Western Europe and the chances of something like this happening is usually very remote. I can walk at 3AM in the morning drunk back home and no one bothers me. Yes, there can be some incidents in certain areas of Paris or in Milan but these are very few and random. THe chances of me being attacked because I am Indian is almost nil. But this is mainly because Europe in general is very sensitive to racism because of the Nazi Era and the holocaust. The chances of things like this are more likely in the UK, those guys are thugs. However like Rajiv said the Indian and Pakistani crowd there beat the hell out of the white b itches.

Guest Gunner
Are the baize even there? I wouldn't even know its a rally by Indians if not for the video name. :dontknow:
As usual baize are taking rest and allowing the rest of the world to do the work for them. Typical....playing the sympathy card. I am not talking about the guys who were attacked but rather the rest of them who should be doing something.