Laxman made Vice Captain

talksport

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain An opportunity lost. Throwing in Badri at the deep end would have showed us exactly how much character he has in one of the toughest places for a rookie to play cricket. Kaif's exclusion, based on a couple of ODIs is shocking! Everytime the lad has been given a chance in Tests recently, he's seized it with both hands. He has the zazba, the junoon, and he would have succeeded. Ganguly's return...what can one say? That makes him an automatic selection for the first Test. Some people have such short memories! India are toast. But perhaps the most shocking selection is VRV Singh. With Munaf, Zaheer, Sri and Pathan all around, what's he supposed to be doing on this tour? He was the worst ever player to put on an Indian shirt when I saw him in WI. It's a fukcing disgrace that he makes the cut while Kaif and Badri miss out.

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain And somebody mighty clever up there has come up with the brilliant idea of smacking our most successful Test batsman in recent times by demoting him as VC in favour of the man who is not even sure of holding his place in the team after this tour. And on what basis? Of course! ODI form determines Test selections again.

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain embarrassing selections, imo. vrv singh is a dope - i really dont see him contributing to anything except perhaps a fine for slow over-rates kaif's style now fits test matches. ganguly's inclusion - i can only assume that the board want to shut up the pro-ganguly gang once and for all - they are doing this at a great cost.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain Kaif style only fits flattest pitch and paratha bowlers..........He should go and learn how to hold bat there are thousand cricketers with better tecnqie better stat better everything almost

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain Sehwag - This one is ironic. Hes struggling in ODIs but is made captain but pretty good in tests in which is removed from VC.Go figure. Laxman - There was talk of him being replaced in the last series and infact dropped from the test side when we went in with 5 bowlers but made VC. Ganguly - Waste of a spot.But whts worse than VRV selection is tht gangs will defn play and hence its a waste of a wicket. Kaif - did decently in WI in tests but again ODI decides test spot. Whoever made vengsarkar selector shd DIAF

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain

embarrassing selections, imo. vrv singh is a dope - i really dont see him contributing to anything except perhaps a fine for slow over-rates kaif's style now fits test matches. ganguly's inclusion - i can only assume that the board want to shut up the pro-ganguly gang once and for all - they are doing this at a great cost.
I hope anti-ganguly camp shuts up too instead of making excuses whihc have been aplenty in recent past.. And for the millionth time last match dada played he was betetr bat than sachin dravid sehwag laxman in terms of not only how many runs he made but also in terms of how he made it.....
Guest dada_rocks

Ganguly's return...what can one say? That makes him an automatic selection for the first Test. Some people have such short memories! India are toast.
Yes some people do have short memory.. :hic:

embarrassing selections, imo. vrv singh is a dope - i really dont see him contributing to anything except perhaps a fine for slow over-rates kaif's style now fits test matches. ganguly's inclusion - i can only assume that the board want to shut up the pro-ganguly gang once and for all - they are doing this at a great cost.
I hope anti-ganguly camp shuts up too instead of making excuses whihc have been aplenty in recent past.. And for the millionth time last match dada played he was betetr bat than sachin dravid sehwag laxman in terms of not only how many runs he made but also in terms of how he made it.....
Ganguly fan mode ON Hey ganguly made a few runs more than sachin,dravid,laxman and sehwag in 1 game,hes the best Ganguly fan mode OFF Yuvi made much more than gangs in tht game plus pathan too got something near wht gangs made,so i guess pathan and yuvi are better than those 4 as well... dada_rocks, tell me why u want gangs back in the team ... Is it cos hes in form? Hes a flop in domestic cricket in the last 1 year Is it cos he was a great test bat? He averages a pathetic 40 in tests If u think tht his few overs wd be helpful, remember tht his fielding will negate whtever he cd bring in terms of bowling... Now pls make be believe in gangs,like i used to.....gimme reasons...
Guest dada_rocks

Ganguly fan mode ON Hey ganguly made a few runs more than sachin,dravid,laxman and sehwag in 1 game,hes the best Ganguly fan mode OFF Yuvi made much more than gangs in tht game plus pathan too got something near wht gangs made,so i guess pathan and yuvi are better than those 4 as well... dada_rocks, tell me why u want gangs back in the team ... Is it cos hes in form? Hes a flop in domestic cricket in the last 1 year Is it cos he was a great test bat? He averages a pathetic 40 in tests If u think tht his few overs wd be helpful, remember tht his fielding will negate whtever he cd bring in terms of bowling... Now pls make be believe in gangs,like i used to.....gimme reasons...
No that test match i mentioend to shut up nay sayers who say he was not in form.. i want him in team because he is a damn good batsman.. and yes pal u need to have a good look at his domestic record and yes one suggestion when there is no match on don't look for runs scored by him during that period:-)... yes unlike yuvraj ganguly didn't go through the usual yuvraj dozen swing and miss routine

Sehwag - This one is ironic. Hes struggling in ODIs but is made captain but pretty good in tests in which is removed from VC.Go figure. Laxman - There was talk of him being replaced in the last series and infact dropped from the test side when we went in with 5 bowlers but made VC. Ganguly - Waste of a spot.But whts worse than VRV selection is tht gangs will defn play and hence its a waste of a wicket. Kaif - did decently in WI in tests but again ODI decides test spot. Whoever made vengsarkar selector shd DIAF
Pretty much my thougts but for the Ganguly selection. I think it is fine to select Ganguly. He will bring in plenty of experience and he has this fighting attitude that will serve the team well in dire times like this. Laxman made VC is shocking indeed. How is Sehwag going to motivate himself to lead this team in the next ODI is anyone's guess??? Kaif got a hundred in a test match and also didn't do too badly in the rest of the test but his form of late has not been good enough to warrant a place in either format.

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain "and yes pal u need to have a good look at his domestic record and yes one suggestion when there is no match on don't look for runs scored by him during that period:-)... " Domestic cricket u say, well lets see how he did in counties S C Ganguly 3 5 0 19 9 3.8 5 innings 19 runs.......brilliant. Indian domestic cricket then? Lets see tht, First-class 210 325 38 12485 200* 43.50 43.5 in domestic cricket.....WOW..lets compare it with someone,shall we, how about this one, First-class 110 163 12 8279 288 54.82 Can u guess who averages 54?

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain It's just recycling tried and tested failures, selecting Ganguly, VRV and Kartick, IMO. VRV and Ganguly's selection stinks, for reasons already discussed. The ex-captain is struggling to buy a run in domestic cricket. It's anybody's guess how he will fare against Ntini, Steyn & co. Dirty politics, parliamentary motions, and whisper campaigns win over merit and common sense once again in our beloved country. It's just a measure of our desperation that we are now banking our hopes on a sitting duck. Kartick and Gambhir's selections are interesting. I reckon both have already furnished plenty of proof that they are not remotely cut out for the highest level. Did Kartick impress you with his little cameos of 15 and 17? Don't be, folks. That's the upper extent of his abilities. The guy simply doesn't have the temparament to flourish at this level. Those two were selected to keep Jaffar and Dhoni on their toes, respectively, which isn't a bad idea at all. Unfortunately, Jaffar, being somewhat frail mentally, might find the pressure too much, while Dhoni will just show us that there's nobody within a mile of him in India who can do what he does.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain You can certainly look for those don;t try to be cute there has hardly been many matches so once again try looking for that.. and don't show me those 50 average of tom dick hary there have been many and we all have seen how greflective those averages were once they were put among big boys and we also know what ganguly with that 40 domestic average has done among big boys.. so be a sport look for that domestic cricket average since he has been dropped and if it's mroe than 40 that is his earlier average then close ur eyes bring him in .. if that average was good enough in 96 which it was then it will be good now..

Re: Laxman made Vice Captain The absolute travesty of this Ganguly selection, and the tragedy of Kaif being dumped, is borne out by the figures comparing India's middle order bats with each other over the last 10 Tests. In Kaif's case, this takes him back to 2001, and is obviously unfair to him, as he has fared much better since, but look at the figures anyway. Last 10 Tests Dravid 1046 @ 74.71 (no minnows) Tendulkar 392 @ 28.00 (no minnows) Laxman 584 @ 38.93 (no minnows) Ganguly 408 @ 31.38 (3 innings against Zim & BD, scored 205) Kaif 502 @ 35.85 (no minnows) Yuvraj 414 @ 29.57 (no minnows) Pathan 476 @ 34.00 (no minnows) This just goes to show the tragedy of Mohammad Kaif. The guy has played 10 Tests over a span of 6 years. He's always had the misfortune to be kept out, first by Ganguly, and then by India's blue eyed boy, Yuvraj, both of whose record he comfortably betters, even without the prop of minnow teams. It also raises an interesting question. Can India afford to drop Pathan in favour of Ganguly, even if both are considered on their batting alone? You decide. Finally, why demote Sehwag? Even during a relatively lean phase, Viru has scored 746 runs @ 46.62 over the last 10 Tests, comfortably ahead of new incumbent Laxman. What is Viru being punished for? I fear the brainless utterances of people like Sandip Patil on Star TV have been lapped up by the national selectors, who won't know the difference between pyjama cricket and the real variety if it bit them in the bum. Tragedy, mismanagement, shortsightedness and ad-hocism all around. Rahul, only you can save us!