Next coach?

Re: Next coach? I wonder if they will ask him straight questions at the interview: * are you aware that anything you say in this room will be instantly leaked to the media? Along with some other stuff that you may or may not have said * our seniors like to be comfortable. how are your foot massage skills? could you provide a demo * pls provide current residential address and exact location of easily breakable windows/fences etc. *Also provide your height-weight-chest-waist-distinguishing physical features, and your preference between straw or sawdust.

Re: Next coach? though i voted for Whatmore, it will not make any difference until these non-performers are booted out.... if they are booted out, then it will be a team of youngsters and i believe, Whatmore has the best track record of moulding youngsters....

Re: Next coach? You can't compare coaching a bunch of underconfident young boys in the bangla team(apologies to bangla supporters...i mean the team he took over....they are good enough to beat us now :wtg: :hmph: ).....to being the coach of the team full of demigods with gigantic egoes and simple words like attitude,fitness etc being banned words.

Re: Next coach? I voted for Mohinder Amarnath. From what I know he was a gutsy cricketer and took no crap from the administration. India needs someone like him. Iif India goes on to hire a foreign coach and the team doesn't do well people simply will point to different culture as the reason for the coach not doing well. It is better take away that angle from the coaching point of view.

Re: Next coach?

You can't compare coaching a bunch of underconfident young boys in the bangla team(apologies to bangla supporters...i mean the team he took over....they are good enough to beat us now :wtg: :hmph: ).....to being the coach of the team full of demigods with gigantic egoes and simple words like attitude' date='fitness etc being banned words.[/quote'] behenji, IIRC, this same bhidu coached the Lankans to the 96 WC trophy. zara sochiye.

Re: Next coach? I don't quite get excited about these coaches anymore. They will come and go but it is the players that need to put in the hard mile. If some from the current team don't do the hard work they will be left gasping in the future for sure.

I voted for Mohinder Amarnath. From what I know he was a gutsy cricketer and took no ***** from the administration. India needs someone like him. Iif India goes on to hire a foreign coach and the team doesn't do well people simply will point to different culture as the reason for the coach not doing well. It is better take away that angle from the coaching point of view.
i wouldnt go for anyone from IND, mate. all these guys, kapil, sunny, jimmy, they are all freaks--they became IN SPITE OF the system. how are they gonna chisel a world-class team, unless u r going back on yr original thot--coach has little to do , it is a team game-which i totally buy. but a guy like jimmy, for instance, said, "here's my lap and if u see the upari (upper) surface, that's a laptop." PUH-LEASE. aint gonna work. u cant teach what u dont know.

I voted for Mohinder Amarnath. From what I know he was a gutsy cricketer and took no ***** from the administration. India needs someone like him. Iif India goes on to hire a foreign coach and the team doesn't do well people simply will point to different culture as the reason for the coach not doing well. It is better take away that angle from the coaching point of view.
i wouldnt go for anyone from IND, mate. all these guys, kapil, sunny, jimmy, they are all freaks--they became IN SPITE OF the system. how are they gonna chisel a world-class team, unless u r going back on yr original thot--coach has little to do , it is a team game-which i totally buy. but a guy like jimmy, for instance, said, "here's my lap and if u see the upari (upper) surface, that's a laptop." PUH-LEASE. aint gonna work. u cant teach what u dont know.
I want to see a coach that coaches and not indulge in selection processes. Ideal situation is to leave the selection to the selectors. You can give your inputs on selection but the buck should stop right there. The coach simply should work with the XV he will get and his job should start outside the playing ground and end the minute players are in the ground. The captain then takes over and does his job. This is ideal situation. For this to work you need professional selectors, coach and the captain. With no freakin job description it seems all the guys to everything with Indian cricket. The coach, captain worries about selections while the selectors think they should also be coaching players. The administration should only be bothered with the administrative actions but they never stop getting in the selection and team matters.

Re: Next coach? Whatmore can change everything if he is given the authority to drop some of the seniors. For a developing side with young players; he is BY FAR the best candidate out there. He turned a bunch of kids at Lanka into a combative outfit and led them to a WC. He has been able to transform talentless Banglastani cricketers and they are punching above their weight class now. He could work wonders with a young Indian cricket team. Under other coaches and especially Indians; the status quo will prevail and i personally, won't bother with watching this team anymore if that happens.