Chappell to be crucified!

With Tendulkar coming out for his own defense ahead of the BCCI meeting, it becomes imperative that Chappell is going to be made the culprit for all the fiasco and players would be preserved lily white in the eyes of public. All who wanted to caste stones at players are ready to forgive them just by seeing their superman appear in person pleading not guilty and are ready to declare they need no chastisement. BCCI is obligated to keep the larger interest of the game in India and just for continuity; it becomes a necessity for them to free these demigods untouched without creating any ill will against them. Therefore the man who will be crucified for all the fault will be Greg Chappell and there seems to be little hope for any resurgence of his reputation in Indian minds after this meeting!

Re: Chappell to be crucified! yup sachin coming out and speaking in public has changed everything. Noway was Chappel going to continue after Sachin's sentiments were 'hurt'. My only hope is selectors also come hard on 'on paper' proven performers.

Re: Chappell to be crucified!

With Tendulkar coming out for his own defense
o really?? he never tried to defend him..
"I've given my heart and my soul for 17 years. No coach had mentioned even in passing that my attitude was not correct. Cricket has been my life for all these years and will always be" Cricketics, Tendulkar is the "Beyond Man" for Indians (you and me).

"I've given my heart and my soul for 17 years. No coach had mentioned even in passing that my attitude was not correct. Cricket has been my life for all these years and will always be" Cricketics, Tendulkar is the "Beyond Man" for Indians (you and me).
okay, mayte listen, those were just things he said after he was hurt by the way chappel said to media that seniors didnt cooperate and stuff. he kept on mentioning in his int'view that he takes all blame for not able to perform well in windies and told that he is not trying to defend himself and stuff.. i not favoring sachin here.. just stating whats the fact... anywayz l8r..

okay' date=' mayte listen, those were just things he said after he was hurt by the way [b']chappel said to media that seniors didnt cooperate and stuff. he kept on mentioning in his int'view that he takes all blame for not able to perform well in windies and told that he is not trying to defend himself and stuff.. i not favoring sachin here.. just stating whats the fact... anywayz l8r..
Chappell said this to who? It was written in media as learned from sources. He didnt give any interview on this rather said the reports where not out yet and denied these rumours. Dont you think Sachin was taking premptive measures here?

His name wasn't mentioned.....why did he feel the need to defend?....why did he assume it was him in the first place?
i think following reports from Hindu and stuff(Which incidentally might not be true) there were enough cues that sachin was going to represent the team. He never assumed anything. His interview with rajdeep sardesai in cnn-ibn made things clear. man this is so funny and on expected lines. the whole media game was to ouster greg. Greg has been using the media for a long time now. He just had a taste of his own medicine.

Re: Chappell to be crucified! Indian players have misunderstood chappel. See all he wanted was players to Perform and satisfy (both on an off field) fans and friends with there performance. Ganguly as a captain was getting lazy he was unable to lead from front, so he got replaced by Mr dependable consistent performer. He also supported youngsters waiting for a chance to showcase there hidden talents. Raina, pathan, kaif all were athletic and were able to throw themselves at any moving object but soon they were burnt out and started to lose there strength. He tried commando training and rock climbing nothing worked. Finally had to return to proven performer gangu, zaheer who had rediscovered there appetite which worked for a while but when the team reached WI and saw the poor crowd if was too much for them and couldn't stand tall. Now everyone is blaming each other for doubting there ability to please fans.

His name wasn't mentioned.....why did he feel the need to defend?....why did he assume it was him in the first place?
guitly of something me tells. may be not the mafia thing, but of non-cooperation and indifference.

guitly of something me tells. may be not the mafia thing, but of non-cooperation and indifference.
Even if he is guilty of anything, he's gonna come out untouched and unscathed. That's how It worked before and is gonna work this time. Chappell will be remarked as the bad guy by BCCI big shots!

Even if he is guilty of anything, he's gonna come out untouched and unscathed. That's how It worked before and is gonna work this time. Chappell will be remarked as the bad guy by BCCI big shots!
http://www.rediff.com/wc2007/2007/apr/04bcci.htm We didn't expect this from Sachin: Niranjan Shah April 04, 2007 Sachin Tendulkar's interview to The Times of India, in which he has castigated Team India coach Greg Chappell, has not gone down well with the Board of Control for Cricket in India. Niranjan Shah, the BCCI secretary, has had a tough time, replying to a volley of questions from all quarters, including from the media. Despite being busy and visibly tense, he found time to grant Contributing Cricket Correspondent Haresh Pandya an exclusive interview at the Saurashtra Cricket Association office in Rajkot on Wednesday. Now that Sachin Tendulkar too has openly criticised Greg Chappell's attitude towards the Indian players, what will be the BCCI's stand in terms of renewing the Australian's contract as the national coach? I have come to know that Tendulkar has come down hard on Chappell in a newspaper interview. However, the BCCI has not yet received any report from Chappell or heard anything from the player concerned. How do you, as the BCCI secretary, view a senior player like Tendulkar going to the media and speak against the coach in no uncertain terms? I strongly believe Tendulkar has not done the right thing by speaking to the media about Chappell rather than coming to the BCCI. It was not expected from the senior-most member of the Indian team. If he had any grievances, he should have approached the BCCI directly.

Re: Chappell to be crucified! Chappell resigning from the post itself shows that he's not gonna take it anymore. Tendulkar calling the shots before the whole show begins just displays the his nervousness and how he thinks is gonna reflect him as a person in the report. Anywayz lot of drama for the media to fill the pages in coming weeks!

Chappell resigning from the post itself shows that he's not gonna take it anymore. Tendulkar calling the shots before the whole show begins just displays the his nervousness and how he thinks is gonna reflect him as a person in the report.!
Chappell resigned because he knew he wouldn't last long anyway. His contract was up and an infuriated public was voicing it's disapproval. He just pre-poned the inevitable. Tendulkar is a p*ssy who is trying to deflect blame away from him and his senior chums; attempting to portray himself in a good light while conveniently using the evil foreigner as the scapegoat. Soon, once Chappell is completely out of the picture - he will bite the dust as well. The mob is fickle; they don't remember how great cricketers were 10 years ago and nor should they.

Re: Chappell to be crucified! When Tendulkar got out in the SL game somebody wrote in this forum that he cannot handle pressure. Well in the real life scenario also one kind of doubts the same with this guy. Hearing rumours about him and other seniors he went nuts! Is he exploding under pressure? Personally I think the guy lacks leadership quality!

Re: Chappell to be crucified! Now tendu is under fire from fickle excricketers for jumping the gun.... BCCI is pissed with him....but he is the now crowned Don of the mafia....completely untouchable....you touch him...you drown in his tears.... :hic: