'Players may opt for Twenty20 leagues' - Tim May

The rapid rise of Twenty20 leagues will soon force international players to choose between their countries and private franchise-based Twenty20 events, the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA), has warned. Tim May, FICA's chief executive, said "more and more players" have stated in surveys conducted by the association that they have "less of an attachment" to international cricket with the arrival of tournaments like the IPL. .... .... The trend that we observe, through our surveys of players, is that more and more players state that they have less an attachment to international cricket with the emergence of competitions such as IPL. Full post at: http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/406823.html

I think it depends on how often our team wins :--D If India starts losing series of T20s suddenly which is very much possible in this format. You could lose to any average team on their day. I think it will reach a saturation point But from a cricketer perspective Tim may is not far off the mark. Heck you get 10 times more money for 10 times less cricket. who would deny that job.

I had predicted a while back and repeat it now 20-20 will take over cricket- no one has time to watch long drawn out boring matches anymore
Test matches are boring only when played in flat patta wickets. However, on sporting pitches, it is far more interesting.

It's a shame, cricket is about so much more then 20-20. I wouldn't mind seeing 20-20 over take 50 over matches, but they must keep Test cricket. To me that is the pinnacle of cricket. But sport is all about entertainment and lets be honest here, 20-20 is more popular then Test cricket in that it is a good night out, good fun and it's all over in 3 or so hours.