Ajmal and Afridi

Sachinism brought up a very good point in his other thread for the India/Pak warmup game. I'm making this post separately so as not to derail that topic, but he wrote:

Just been watching highlights of Pak vs SA from yesterday. Even though SA scored 180+ Ajmal and Afridi seemed to be troubling them for the most part, the batsmen got away with a few
Ajmal and Afridi look to be a good LOI middle over combo. Quite accurate, but lots of changes in pace with a trajectory and length that are pretty hard to get away. I think they'll be a big threat for a lot of opposition and a tougher pair to deal with than any of the quicks like Umar Gul or whoever the next hyped quick is. Watched them in the ODI series in the UAE against Australia, on the slower pitches there they were very effective in tandem, regularly strangled the middle order and were quite hard to get away for big shots.

ajmal has got a very well disguised doosra and i think that can be very effective against right handers when they are chipping down the track afridi has got his flat wrist spin and he can stop runs and also pick a few but he bowls wkt to wkt so he may get lbw's and bowled if some one misses. But hey both can be hammers when there is no assistance for the spinners on the track but afridi can be a bit more economical coz hes a wrist spinner so he gets some extra bounce from the wkt as he bowls flat mostly

Sachinism brought up a very good point in his other thread for the India/Pak warmup game. I'm making this post separately so as not to derail that topic, but he wrote: Ajmal and Afridi look to be a good LOI middle over combo. Quite accurate, but lots of changes in pace with a trajectory and length that are pretty hard to get away. I think they'll be a big threat for a lot of opposition and a tougher pair to deal with than any of the quicks like Umar Gul or whoever the next hyped quick is. Watched them in the ODI series in the UAE against Australia, on the slower pitches there they were very effective in tandem, regularly strangled the middle order and were quite hard to get away for big shots.
Umar Gul is one of the best T20 bowlers in the world

I have seen Ajmal only once. So can't comment on him. But Afridite is over-rated atleast against Indians. He has two modes. Fast chucking or kumble type leg spin. He rarely troubled India with his bowling. Against India In ODI he averages 57 at an economy of 5.07. In T20 he averages 33 at an economy of 8.37.