Whatmore ready to coach India

Whatmore ready to coach India Nishant Arora | CNN-IBN | Posted Apr 04, 2007 at 23:52 | Updated Apr 05, 2007 at 00:04 Bangladesh's coach Dave Whatmore has done wonders with his team, which look very improved and are playing very well in the World Cup. Nishant Arora:: India cricket is looking for a new coach. Would you be interested? Dave Whatmore: If the opportunity comes along surely any person who is a professional coach and prides himself in doing a good job would be interested in it. If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested. Nishant Arora: What are the things that appeal a person to coach and train a team like India as it is not easy to work there. What appeals you? Dave Whatmore: Well, firstly any job is challenge. I have taken up pretty good challenges in the last 10 years and this will be another big challenge. There is huge passion for the game in India. It is a big religion there and there is enormous pressure on the team. To get the best out of players is a challenge and to work with the selectors who have the best interest of the game in their heart represent challenge, which is very interesting Nishant Arora:: What is so tough about coaching a team like India. You have seen John Wright and Greg Chappell. You have observed them as coach. What is so tough about the job? Dave Whatmore: Perhaps there are more distractions there. The sheer weight of interest of the media be it electronic or print the huge popularity with the individuals, they all are distraction to a point. All necessary for a very strong and a healthy game but also very much a distraction. It would be easy to forget what the simple tasks are to be done to ensure success.

Re: Whatmore ready to coach India No coach can do any thing...until we kick the Kobra and viper together.. Kobra had left now..but viper needs to kicked in hard in his A$$... even wright had problems with ganguly in later part of his stint..and in his book he mentioned that Ganguly is not fit for captaincy any more... and come BD tour...his weak ness will be exposed by even Mashrafe Murtaza..he will bounce him out...if at all he goes there... and even if he survives that ... i am certain..in Englang...he will be a laughing stock..just as he was in his failed county stint... Team india had enough of this politics...and ganging up... We need to bring in Karthik..Gambhir...Sreesanth...Powar in our team... Sehwag...Bhajji...and ganguly should be sent back to domestics burn in the sun..

Re: Whatmore ready to coach India the bajji mofo should not be let anywhere near our team for the next fw years...... tht sonofabeatch has been living off his 2001 series since 6 years now and yet to put up a decent performance on an unhelpful track....

Re: Whatmore ready to coach India

the bajji mofo should not be let anywhere near our team for the next fw years...... tht sonofabeatch has been living off his 2001 series since 6 years now and yet to put up a decent performance on an unhelpful track....
Yes , I agree and the only reason why Harbhy lasted this long is because of Ganguly and later Bindra. He was worse then part timers during this WC. In my opinion , he should have been dropped after his fantastic performance against Pakistan last year where he had a grand total of zero wickets in the test series.

Re: Whatmore ready to coach India If we take him..... his term with bangladesh ends in may... our next series is against bangladesh. He will be sitting in the indian camp immediately after being their coach.... Is it ethical? will there be a lot of heartburn in the bangla camp?

Re: Whatmore ready to coach India If Whatmore wants the job, Whatmore should get the job. Whatmore's coaching style is PERFECT for what India needs : Under Whatmore, every single side he's coached turns into a superb fielding unit in a matter of few months. First Sri Lanka, now Bangladesh's fielding has improved ten folds under Whatmore. Precisely what India needs. Secondly, Whatmore is a brilliant coach in grooming new players and India badly needs a few new batsmen groomed. Don't get me wrong, i don't think Dravid-Tendulkar-Laxman-Ganguly are done yet but they are all about the same age and they will all go in another 2-4 years. We badly need new classy batsmen -atleast a couple to be groomed. Again, Whatmore's the man for the job. Only problem Whatmore might have is that Whatmore likes to be one of the selectors. BCCI may not go for that.