Leave Sachin Alone, Says McGrath

Interviews Leave Sachin alone: McGrath TIMES NEWS NETWORK / Chandresh Narayanan PrintCommentMail ST JOHN'S, April 4: Australian spearhead Glenn McGrath on Tuesday came out in support of the embattled Sachin Tendulkar, calling for the Mumbaikar to be left alone. "Sachin is a class player, there is no doubt about that. Sachin and Brian are the two best batsmen I have bowled to,'' said McGrath. Tendulkar's poor performance at the World Cup is a much debated topic these days. Former Australian captain Ian Chappell called for Tendulkar to retire with immediate effect. India coach Greg Chappell has also reportedly questioned Tendulkar's attitude. For the first time in his illustrious career the little man with tall achievements faces dark questions about his future in the game. However, Tendulkar is not the only top gun under fire. West Indies captain Brian Lara also finds himself in a similar situation. McGrath urged the powers that be to give the players time to decide on their future. "They shouldn't be forced to take a decision. Guys like Sachin and Brian are mentally strong. If they want to continue playing, they can play for as long as they want to.'' He warned fans and critics against writing off the superstars. "These are quality batsmen you are talking about,'' McGrath said.

Re: Leave Sachin Alone, Says McGrath

Let's pray next news is not like -- "Dravid resigned and Sachin is the new Captain"
That'll be a nightmare really but won't rule out either considering he was made vice captain in the first place and Rahul may not be interested in captaining at all.

Leave Sachin Alone' date=' Says McGrath[/quote'] Sentence to complete karo! "Leave Sachin alone as he is all mine! I own Sachin's wkt" -Says McGrath
Perfect Gai! Also, making SRT captain may not be such a bad move after all. I dont think BCCI/Pawar has the guts to drop/forcibly retire him. So instead of Dravid taking up this responsibility and screwing up his batting, it would be wise if SRT does the captaincy. As it is at this point his batting is so pathetic against quality oppositions (like Aus, SAf, SL etc.), captaincy cannot harm it any further.

Leave Sachin Alone' date=' Says McGrath[/quote'] Sentence to complete karo! "Leave Sachin alone as he is all mine! I own Sachin's wkt" -Says McGrath
Perfect Gai! Also, making SRT captain may not be such a bad move after all. I dont think BCCI/Pawar has the guts to drop/forcibly retire him. So instead of Dravid taking up this responsibility and ***** up his batting, it would be wise if SRT does the captaincy. As it is at this point his batting is so pathetic against quality oppositions (like Aus, SAf, SL etc.), captaincy cannot harm it any further.
more like the next generation ganguly. :lmao:

Perfect Gai! Also, making SRT captain may not be such a bad move after all. I dont think BCCI/Pawar has the guts to drop/forcibly retire him. So instead of Dravid taking up this responsibility and ***** up his batting, it would be wise if SRT does the captaincy. As it is at this point his batting is so pathetic against quality oppositions (like Aus, SAf, SL etc.), captaincy cannot harm it any further.
I say, make him the captain & Sehwag the VC, for the 20-20 worldcup. That may be the quickest way to get rid of mota & chota rajan :lmao: