Dhoni's performance

Single handedly responsible for our totals falling short by 15-20 runs atleast in several matches mahendra-singh-dhoni.jpg Well, I include CSK matches, some of you may not consider that as a big deal. But fact is all this wasting of deliveries started even back then in CSK. S/R of 47 and then gets out? :mad: Ok, loss of wickets means you cannot go for big shots. Agreed :agree: What about singles? :dontknow:

Guest gaurav_indian
mahendra-singh-dhoni.jpg Well, I include CSK matches, some of you may not consider that as a big deal. But fact is all this wasting of deliveries started even back then in CSK. S/R of 47 and then gets out? :mad:
:((:((:(( you are right
Guest Hiten.

Absolutely shite performance by the captain. Had he even scored run a ball, India would have managed to score 170 odd. His innings will be the difference between the two sides and it's going to cost India dearly. Time for him to drop himself lower than IKP (considering IKP is a clean hitter of the ball).

Guest gaurav_indian

This tuk tuk innings is good in ODI cricket only.But it wont work in T20.Look at Yuvi he was also in the same match and carrying the same pressure.

Guest Hiten.
170 (or even 165) would have meant we have a very good chance here. But such absolute crap batting by million-$-saheb has ensured we have our backs to the walls now when we try to put up a fight :banghead:
What does that have to do with anything we are discussing here ?

His form has gone into an irreversible tail-spin, which is extremely worrying. I am sure a lot of it has got to do with confidence. After the T20 WC in ’07, which was when he modified his approach to be the guy who guides the batting along, rather than the powerful enforcer which he previously was, he probably lost touch with his power-game and lost confidence in his hitting abilities. I am sure this is a temporary blip. He’s still too young for change in physiological faculties to impede his hitting. He will be back pretty soon, but till then, we will have to continue to endure more such painstaking innings’ from him.

Please please drop dhoni from the t20 side. Bring in karthik instead :banghead: And than send him back to the streets of jamshedpur where he learnt hitting those big sixes that he has forgotten now. Holy mother of four, he cant even thread a gap with the two feilders standing in line with the two ends of the pitch. He still hits them straight to the feilder. I dont know whats the problem. Is it his back or poor form or intent or something else.

Guest Hiten.

Had Dhoni stayed and built on his innings launching an assault, it would have made sense but losing your wicket by scoring at a SR of 30's is just not on. India were not that horrible placed for him to play at such a snail pace. Singles were the order of the day during the middle overs and if you are not capable of getting them, then you simply don't deserve to be out there during that period of time. As for dropping Dhoni is considered, stop the nonsense I say. He reserves his place in the team not because he is our captain but he is our best Wicket Keeper out of the lot. Somehow we got to find a place for Jadeja to be slotted in the team adding an extra batsman to the line up and a bowling option.

^ His place in T20 should not be a given. He needs to earn it sooner or later. In ODIs he can do some tuk-tuk and still be ok since he keeps wickets. In T20 it is screwing up the match big time. But, the lack of a quality wicketkeeper alternative means he gets more free passes :((

Guest Hiten.

Bravo and Simmons showing how its done in the middle overs. Singles, doubles and odd boundaries. That said, our bowling has been toothless so far. SL managed to defend 150 on this very ground against Pakistan earlier and so far Windies are running away with this one :((.

Bravo and Simmons showing how its done in the middle overs. Singles' date=' doubles and odd boundaries. That said, our bowling has been toothless so far. SL managed to defend 150 on this very ground against Pakistan earlier and so far Windies are running away with this one :((.[/quote'] ^ The biggest reason if we lose today is dhoni, not the bowlers. But guess who captain $aheb will blame? Yes, "bowlers bowled badly".