Three cheers for skipper Dravid!

Dravid likely to remain captain Cricinfo staff April 6, 2007 Rahul Dravid: set to stay on as captain ? Getty Images Rahul Dravid is likely to stay on as India captain, according to sources in the Board for Control of Cricket in India. This sets at rest speculation that Dravid would give up the captaincy following the decision of Greg Chappell to not extend his contract as India coach. In any case, the board had no alternative; handing the captaincy to Sachin Tendulkar would be seen in many quarters as a step back, though he appears to have the support of a large number of current India players. In his interaction with the BCCI top brass today, Dravid is believed to have made three suggestions to improve the setup: *a streamlined selection process, *better team management with *the appointment of a full-time team manager and a full-time media manager. He said that the team left for the World Cup with high hopes but failed to do well, and accepted responsibility on the team's behalf for the poor performance which led to the early exit. ----------------------------------------------------- I hope we find an able vice captain and at least groom him for next one year so that he can take over from Dravid!

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! how did they find out what dravid said in the meeting?? the media wasnt allowed in right? but yeah based on the fact that we have no good replacement in place, dravid is likely to remain captain anyway.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! sachin's captaincy turn was the crest of azhar and companies extra-curricular ventures so i wud cut him some slack there.. in early days when azhar was captain he took all the important decisions only after consultation with sachin.. I vividly remeber azhar mina in post-match presentation once mentioning how everybody else misread the pitch but he got it right..... his terse reply was well i have no clue either sachin told me to do thsi so I did..... sachin ramesh tendulkar as far as cricket is concerned is unparalleled genius he can do anything just don't let him select the team otherwise kambli will make another comeback.

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid!

sachin's captaincy turn was the crest of azhar and companies extra-curricular ventures so i wud cut him some slack there.. in early days when azhar was captain he took all the important decisions only after consultation with sachin.. I vividly remeber azhar mina in post-match presentation once mentioning how everybody else misread the pitch but he got it right..... his terse reply was well i have no clue either sachin told me to do thsi so I did..... sachin ramesh tendulkar as far as cricket is concerned is unparalleled genius he can do anything just don't let him select the team otherwise kambli will make another comeback.
Good one there Dada. He is one of the reason his friends get seleted no doubt about it. Agarkar got this many comeback chances into the team just because of Sachin.

sachin's captaincy turn was the crest of azhar and companies extra-curricular ventures so i wud cut him some slack there.. in early days when azhar was captain he took all the important decisions only after consultation with sachin.. I vividly remeber azhar mina in post-match presentation once mentioning how everybody else misread the pitch but he got it right..... his terse reply was well i have no clue either sachin told me to do thsi so I did..... sachin ramesh tendulkar as far as cricket is concerned is unparalleled genius he can do anything just don't let him select the team otherwise kambli will make another comeback.
Yup. Haven't we heard from GC about collective leading. He always said that seniors should help Dravid in leading that means, he very well meant SRT. cuz Kumbal was never in playing 11 and god knows leadership knowledge of Motu. So SRT had many a times won us those matches by bowling and even important bowling changes in those days. I somehow feels that even Dravid has offered BCCI to make SRT a captain. So they didn't want it to be a surprise or something, they made him a VC and soon will be seen as a captain. He was not made captain because they didnt want WC defeat to rest of Dravid by removing him. So he will continue for 6 mos and then resign when everyone forgets about it. :wtg: I want to try him at least once.

Yup. Haven't we heard from GC about collective leading. He always said that seniors should help Dravid in leading that means, he very well meant SRT. cuz Kumbal was never in playing 11 and god knows leadership knowledge of Motu. So SRT had many a times won us those matches by bowling and even important bowling changes in those days. I somehow feels that even Dravid has offered BCCI to make SRT a captain. So they didn't want it to be a surprise or something, they made him a VC and soon will be seen as a captain. He was not made captain because they didnt want WC defeat to rest of Dravid by removing him. So he will continue for 6 mos and then resign when everyone forgets about it. :wtg: I want to try him at least once.
Before judging sachin's captaincy, we should see the team that he had under him during his two tenures. Couple of players in that team have been accused of match fixing. A captain is as good as his team. Dravid had a much much better than team then sachin

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! He will for sure. Dont say that I want to see him because I like him. I am still sticking to my comment that he should be punished for his WC performance. Drop him for 6 mos. Let him concentrate on his batting. Bring him back as a captain. This is quite a strong team. Everyone is jr to him so no politics unlike last time with those prabhakar, azhar, mongia and all. I have seen those batsmen so comfortable when SRT is standing on the NS end. Giving just guidance, giving them more strikes. He is undoubtedly a team man not at a selfish crap as was branded by IC. BUT DONT SPARE< SEHWAG<GANGS<BHAJJI<AGGY.. drop them all. perhaps forever.