AFRIDI - ready to be PAK Skipper

:lmao: :lmao: If appointed , at age 15 he will be youngest captain ever in cricket history :hic: :hic: With Pakistan Cricket Board still to settle down on a candidate to succeed Inzamam-ul Haq, all-rounder Shahid Afridi on Friday threw his hat in the ring to captain the senior team, saying he would prove to be a good leader. The PCB last week said they would decide on the name of a captain and coach in a month?s time as Inzamam stepped down from the post following Pakistan inglorious first round exit from the World Cup. Afridi, who has never captained the senior team, said he had been captaining his domestic team for quite some time and was still to hear any complaint about his leadership skills. ?I think I have it in me to become a good captain. This is a big responsibility but also the ultimate dream of every player,? Afridi said. ?That is why I would be willing to captain the senior team if the job is offered to me. It will be a big challenge for me,? he said. http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1089365

Re: AFRIDI - ready to be PAK Skipper Afridi is being played in the wrong batting position by pakistan team. He scored 70% of his total ODI runs as an opener. 3 out of 4 centuries as an opener and 22 out of 27 half centuries as an opener, then why the heck are they not using him as an opener? He's case is like Tendulkar's in the sense both performs well at opener spot and crumbles to pressure when they play in any other position.

Re: AFRIDI - ready to be PAK Skipper ..and just like SRT Afridi is trying to fix the batting position issue by angling for the captainship + the fact that he doesnt get along with Youis Khan might have somthing to do with this.

Re: AFRIDI - ready to be PAK Skipper

then why the heck are they not using him as an opener?
becuase HE does not want to open
Not true according to reports. Inzi wanted to play him down the order against his personal wishes.
Then why did afridi pick up a fight with acting captain YK and refused to open during the England series ? :shrug:

Re: AFRIDI - ready to be PAK Skipper

then why the heck are they not using him as an opener?
becuase HE does not want to open
Not true according to reports. Inzi wanted to play him down the order against his personal wishes.
Then why did afridi pick up a fight with acting captain YK and refused to open during the England series ? :shrug:
KR w're only considering ODIs. Tests he feels comfortable at 5th position and hence this issue you described. I was only referring to the limitations batsmen are dealt with when it comes to batting position. Tendulkar and Afridi are in the same boat in ODIs whether you like it or not!