Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations

Shane

Valencia jets in for a medical Source Looks like Man Utd's first signing for the season.:two_thumbs_up:
First seen him during the WC 06' with Ecuador, was suprized when he joined Wigan was about time some Big Club came knocking, 16m - seems a bit over priced though.

First seen him during the WC 06' with Ecuador' date=' was suprized when he joined Wigan was about time some Big Club came knocking, 16m - seems a bit over priced though.[/quote'] Yeah 16M is a lot. They could have got Silva but he costs 25M+ also he like Villa wants to stay in Spain or move to Anfield.So they did have to raise it to 35M+ to lure him away to OT which SAF in his rightful mind wouldn't do.

Mourinho willing to send Ibrahimovic to Chelsea

Inter Milan are ready to send Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Chelsea, it has been revealed. The Sunday Times says Inter are struggling to reach agreement with Chelsea over their Portugal pair Deco and Ricardo Carvalho. Inter have offered to include Argentina defender Nicolas Burdisso in the Carvalho-Deco deal but are still short of Chelsea’s valuation of the pair. Jose Mourinho, the Inter coach, is also prepared to consider an alternative exchange that would see striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic sold to Chelsea for cash plus the two Portugal internationals. Inter value Ibrahimovic at around £52m.
Barcelona's Hleb linked with shock Arsenal return
Barcelona's unhappy midfielder Alex Hleb is being linked with a sensational return to Arsenal.Hleb wants out of the Nou Camp. "I am right in the best years of my career and I do not want to spend those years on bench," he said. The news Hleb is looking for a move will be also be welcomed by a number of Premier League clubs after his three impressive seasons with Arsenal. In a bizarre twist, even Gunners boss Arsene Wenger might be interested in taking Hleb back for a lot less than the £11.8m he sold him for, says the Daily Star Sunday. Everton and Man City are also interested in the Belarusian.

Was never a fan of Alex, even though i under-rated him (according to most of my colleagues) he was never the Arsenal type, till the season of 07-08. Which saw a metoric rise in his game, he along with Cesc became our game breakers, sometimes i felt we played a diamond formation with Flamini at the bottom, Cesc and Hleb, RVP up top, still remember the game against Liverpool at Anfield, sublime pass for Cesc to finish, Shimmy-o-Hleb was brilliant for us that season, sad he had to leave, would be really suprized (not pleasantly) if he returns to Ashburton Grove.

Of all the Arsenal players, I like Rosicky the most, mainly coz he is a Czech. If he is fit and ready for next season, I cant see a reason to sign Hleb. Arsenal got enuf attacking midfielders in the likes of Nasri, RVP, Csec, Arshavin and Rosicky, now all they need is a holding midfielder. I say sign Melo, offload Ade and get a natural striker. Afterall we dont want to run away with the title yet again:D.

Guest Hiten.

Eto'o is not going anywhere and will stay with Barca. It would have been a stupid move like Robinho had he ditched Barca for Man City. Good on Eto'o :two_thumbs_up:

Zhirkov to Chelsea

Yuri Zhirkov is due in London on Wednesday to complete an £18m move to Chelsea from CSKA Moscow in what the club hope will prove to be the first eye-catching signing in a busy period of transfer activity in and out of Stamford Bridge. Zhirkov was recommended to Roman Abramovich, Chelsea's owner, by Guus Hiddink, the interim manager for the final three months of last season, but will effectively become Carlo Ancelotti's first signing after the Premier League club deflected interest from Barcelona, to secure the 25-year-old Russian. He will be followed by the Middlesbrough goalkeeper Ross Turnbull and Manchester City's Daniel Sturridge, though a tribunal will need to set the fee for the young striker after the clubs failed to compromise over the compensation due.

Tevez talks at last

Carlos Tevez has claimed that Sir Alex Ferguson made a big mistake leaving him on the bench for the Champions League final. The Argentinian strikers contract with Manchester United expires today and he is widely expected to seal a move to Manchester City by the end of the week. Talking to English Daily The Guardian, Tevez reflected on United's 2-0 loss to Barcelona in Rome. "You cannot argue with Alex Ferguson," he said."He is like the president of England. It is impossible, you always lose." "But he made a mistake to leave me on the bench. That was the only final the team had lost since I had been at Manchester United." Tevez then revealed that he had no second thoughts about leaving United, continuing, "My family knows how much I suffered at United. "I could not arrive home after a match or a training session and forget my pain. It was not good and I transmitted all my sadness to them."
Carlitos on Berba's arrival
Carlos Tevez claims he knew his days at Manchester United were numbered when Dimitar Berbatov joined the club. The Argentina striker will be playing for a new team next season after turning down a five-year contract to remain at Old Trafford. And he felt Berbatov's arrival from Tottenham last summer, which provided further competition for places up front, proved to him his future did not lie at United. "I am not sure where I am going to play, but I know for sure that will not be at Manchester (United)," Tevez told TyC Sports television network. "When I arrived I had to fight for a place like any other player. My first season was good. I was a starter or a substitute, but I respected that. "But in my second year, after the match against Liverpool, the coach started to overlook me. The fans supported me a lot so I thought that something was going on as my performances were also good. I was a professional. "I did not feel supported after they signed Berbatov, because I was the man for the job he was bought to do. "Last year I was the second top-scorer after Cristiano (Ronaldo). We won two titles (the Barclays Premier League and the Carling Cup) and being shut out like this was something that I could not understand." Tevez added: "They did not ask me to sign the contract. Ferguson told me not be worried about Berbatov's arrival, but I did not like it when he started to put me on the bench often. I gave my life for the Manchester United shirt."
:((

Benzema to United for £38million

Miralem Pjanic claims Lyon team-mate Karim Benzema is close to completing a £38million move to Manchester United. Benzema has been a long-term target for United, with Lyon prepared to listen to offers if the France international expresses a wish to move. Reports had previously claimed that Benzema was willing to spend one more season with Lyon in order to maximise his prospects of playing at the 2010 World Cup. However, he could now be on his way to Old Trafford after Pjanic revealed the 21-year-old is ready to link up with the Premier League champions. "Benzema is nearly gone to Old Trafford," Pjanic told Bosnian website Sportsport. "The English club are willing to pay €45million (£38million) for him and it is just a question of the day when he will move to England. "He does not have anything against going to Manchester. Our side will be reinforced by Lisandro Lopez, the Argentine forward from Porto." Real Madrid and Arsenal had also been linked with the striker, but it appears United have won the race to sign the coveted Benzema. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is striving to replace Carlos Tevez following the end of the Argentine's two-year loan and Benzema looks to be his top target. Ferguson has money to spend following the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and wrapped up the signing of Antonio Valencia from Wigan Athletic on Tuesday evening.
Waste of money:((

Gunners sign promising quartet

Arsenal have handed professional contracts to four members of their successful FA Youth Cup team. They have also confirmed Portugal Under-21 international Amaury Bischoff is one of eight players released. Defenders Luke Ayling (17), Craig Eastmond (18), Cedric Evina (17) and 18-year-old keeper James Shea have all been signed on by the Gunners following an impressive campaign which also saw the youngsters win the FA Premier Academy League under the guidance of former centre-half Steve Bould. However, Bischoff will not be furthering his career at Emirates Stadium, with Rui Fonte - who had a spell on loan with Crystal Palace - also being released at the end of his contract. Bischoff made just four Arsenal first-team appearances, all as substitute, following his move from Werder Bremen last summer - which came as the midfielder battled back to fitness after a long-standing groin injury and manager Arsene Wenger admitted was something of a "gamble". Wenger, meanwhile, is keen to add to his squad following the arrival of Belgium defender Thomas Vermaelen. Brazilian holding midfielder Felipe Melo has been linked with a switch from Serie A side Fiorentina. However, the future of Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor is yet to be resolved one way or another - with AC Milan continuing their interest.
:hmmm:

Itll be interesting to see how Madrid actually play next season. benzema is supposed to be a quality young striker Have they sold anyone? they want to get rid of the whole dutch contingent -god knows theyll need to to free up some cash.. Id love for Robben to stay though- Robben , Kaka, Ronaldo behind Benzema would be cool.

I am not that disappointed with Benzema choosing RM over Man Utd. He hasn't played in a competitive league and he has got a lot to prove at RM. What Man Utd need right now is a proven striker or better a winger(having signed Owen already). I hope they get Douglas Costa and Huntelaar.