Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill Ajinkya Rahane... on what basis...a couple of Twenty20 matches? C'mon.... Gambhir has been round the block a few times... I am talking under 22-23.... Raina he's been around a while... and has not done anything spectacular yet... Sree is already a MATCH WINNER in Tests... so yes he is good... though he is still too expensive for ODIs... But I wouldn't want him to cut down his pace for more economy or accuracy...

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill yea.. i agree.. lets pray sree dosent cut down his pace :hmph: ive heard a lot about rahane, apparently has great technique... i was impressed by raina.. yes, he did throw his wicket away often, but he is good, very very good technique, and good temperament. something like AB de Villiers, looks brilliant, gets out after 30. trust me, he'll do well.

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill From that Chappell interview What happens to Suresh Raina if you go away? I think he had paid dearly for the few good words I have said about him. Unfortunately, as a coach, I do not measure success and failures by applying general yardsticks. In my book, as also in the books of a few others, he is a special kid. I hope he will go on to be a big star one day. Who are the others who rate Raina so highly? Brian Lara for one. If you remember Raina went up to Lara recently and sought some advice. I later asked Brian what he thought of Raina. Brian just said: 'Anyone who can play like that off his back foot has to be special'. In Malaysia, a couple of Australians, including John Buchanan and their fielding coach Mike Young had asked me 'Gregy, where did you find this guy?' Just for the record, why do you rate Raina so highly? He is a complete package, for god's sake. You guys didn't do him a good turn by comparing him with Sachin Tendulkar after he had played one or two brilliant knocks. However, if you look at Sachin's record in his first 30-35 ODIs and compare it with Raina's you will not find much difference, especially after you factor in that Sachin has always batted in the top 4, while Raina comes lower down. As Brian said, if someone can play good shots off the back foot, he has to be special. He is still learning and far from mature. You have to be patient with him. Look at Jacques Kallis. He hadn't set the stage on fire on his debut. He has, however, made slow and steady progress over the years and emerged as South Africa's leading batsman and the world's premier all-rounder. And how would you rate Raina as a fielder? Only behind Ricky Ponting in contemporary cricket. And only because Ponting is more experienced. In the games he played for India, Raina got us one run-out, on an average, per match with his superb pick up and throws. He has an uncanny ability to hit the stumps which India can ill afford to ignore. Yuvraj and Kaif are also good, but more flamboyant. In Pakistan last year when we had all three of them manning the off-side at point, cover and extra-cover, Rahul didn't need a sweeper on the boundary!

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill Raina at the present moment cant tie Dada's boots... But doesn't mean he should be ignored... Just let him develop... If Chappell thinks so highly of him...I am sure he can get a contract with some English County...that may tighten is technique up a bit...

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill dont know why people are considering isant sharma as "matchwinner".. and that too on international level.. he has not done anything significant in domestic level.. plus he is too skinny for internation level..

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill OK on the batting front? gotta be joking... When 34 Year old Ganguly and 33 year old Tendulkar (definitely wanning in his abilities) are the BEST around... where is the batting depth?