Future of Irfan Pathan?

Chaos

Re: Future of Irfan Pathan? Just make him unlearn whatever GC or his buddy taught and told him and give him few sessions with Akram who was more than willing to help him out except that GC thought it was NOT necessary :wall: :wall: In fact Akram should be hired as the bowling coach

Re: Future of Irfan Pathan? Now that he has all the time in the world, he could just make an ISD call and talk to Akram. If needed, meet him personally and train under him even if he has to personally bear all the expenses. I think this will pay off in the long run as he can win back his spot in the playing 11 with good performances in the county/FC cricket. I dont think he can hang around in the dressing room for long by just being a 13th or 15th or 18th man. Soon he'll be dropped and lost forever. :shrug:

Re: Future of Irfan Pathan?

question-> was prasad(in his prime) faster that what pathan is now?
My dog can bowl faster than pathan can now...he bowled 110-115 kph in the practice matches before the WC...you would expect him to crank up the pace a bit and try to impress the leadership to allow him to play but nooooooooo he bowls bloody 110! That's pathetic, I don't understand how you forget to bowl I really don't...but he has. He has completely forgotten. I will say this about pathan, his future lies in his own hands but he has to do some tremendous work to get back on track.

question-> was prasad(in his prime) faster that what pathan is now?
Is that a trick question? :chin:
no. I really wanna know.. what speed did prasad bowl at.. I've heard Srinath was quite pacy, even if he wasnt blindingly fast, but he was pacy.. mid 130's dont know about prasad.. ive heard ppl make fun of him.. saying he would come running with a bigass run-up and then bowl dibbly-dobblies... like cronje :hic: is that true?

Re: Future of Irfan Pathan? Prasad was probably 80ish at fastest...but speed was never his strong point...had good variety cut, swing the lot and an excellent slower ball...was over bowled on the tour to SAf in 96ish(?) -bowled WELL there, and did well for us overseas generally... but he and Sri were our two pacemen and had to bowl craploads 'supported' by jokers like Dodda Ganesh and David Johnson... :wall: :wall: He was never VERY good though...and im not sure how much he can teach our young pacemen- having said that Troy Cooley was hardly a world class bowler was he....never know...

Venkatesh Prasad: If Akthar is the "Rawalpindi Express" then for many years Venkatesh Prasad, a key part of the bowling attack, was affectionately called "The Slow Bangalore Passenger That Is Currently Broken Down At Cantonment Station. Passengers approach ticket counter for refund please." Despite several key wickets, Prasad was not a pacey bowler but instead used a bewildering array of slow, slower and slowest balls to vex batsmen. In the 1992 World Cup he bowled a slow one to Wasim Akram that has not reached the batsman to this day. He was a pioneer of the "Intimidation" school of fielding whereby you do not run for the ball but merely try to stop it by looking at it gravely.
:hic:

Venkatesh Prasad: If Akthar is the "Rawalpindi Express" then for many years Venkatesh Prasad' date=' a key part of the bowling attack, was affectionately called "The Slow Bangalore Passenger That Is Currently Broken Down At Cantonment Station. Passengers approach ticket counter for refund please." Despite several key wickets, Prasad was not a pacey bowler but instead used a bewildering array of slow, slower and slowest balls to vex batsmen. In the 1992 World Cup he bowled a slow one to Wasim Akram that has not reached the batsman to this day. He was a pioneer of the "Intimidation" school of fielding whereby you do not run for the ball but merely try to stop it by looking at it gravely.[/quote'] :hic:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Future of Irfan Pathan? David Johnson was real quick but sprayed all around. He consistently hit 145-150K range but had absolutely no control. His action was similar to Tait's - a kinda sling arm action. :doh:

Re: Future of Irfan Pathan? Allow Pathan do things his own way: Andy Roberts 7th Apr 2007 23:26 IST Agencies Former West Indies pace bowler Andy Roberts says India should draw lesson from their early exit in the World Cup and redraw their priorities and planning. One of the spearheads of Clive Lloyd?s pace quarter that shook the cricket world in the seventies and eighties, Roberts is now a National selector. He feels very strongly about how Indian pacer Irfan Pathan has been ground down. According to him, the undue expectations and pressure has adversely effected Pathan?s progress. "He is still a young man and has a long way to go, provided you give him the space to do so," Roberts said on the sidelines of a promotional event at the Stanford cricket club in Antigua on Friday. "He is under so much pressure from public expectations and the media that he has completely lost focus. You should be helping the young man at such a difficult time in his career. "Frankly, I was surprised that he did not play in a single game here," Roberts, who has a career-haul of 202 wickets from 47 tests and 87 scalps in 56 one-dayers, said. Roberts is today a respected voice in Caribbean cricket. He may not have the high-profile status of Vivian Richards but he did make a huge impact on the game in his time. He was also surprised at India?s bowling preferences. "At the moment, Munaf Patel is your best prospect, and yet in match after match, he was used as the first change. That was surprising considering that he has the pace and control to be the spearhead, particularly in the games against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, both of which you needed to win. "India has a good bunch of fast bowlers and they should be nurtured and encouraged," he said, adding that "they (India) should put the World Cup defeat behind them and look ahead positively for the future http://www.cricketzone.com/news/news_face_to_face/2007-04-07-341.html