Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments....

But you are allowed to stay on as captain... It kinds shows that India have reached West Indian proportions in terms of lack of leaders... Steve Waugh was shown the ODI door when Australia crashed out the champions trophy in 2002...but here we REWARD Dravid... And why? because he led brilliantly or even competently? No because of TINA.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... Ya thats the reward for a free from politics, highly dedicated, hard working professional who has made the country proud by being instrumental in myriad Indian wins . There are a rare few of such characters in Indian cricket. I'd root for such a guy at top despite his shortcomings during fledgling years.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... yea what was the other option selfish players like SRT and ganguly or upcoming youngsters whose ego has already impacted their game like Sehwag and Yuvraj. All the facts suggest that Dravid plays hard and plays for India and not for himself - these are the qualities we need in a leader if we want juniors to imbibe them.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... look at the options sachin/ganguly making them captain was a giant step back. Sehwag/yuvraj are not ready for captaincy. BCCI made the right choice but even i wanted to see a new captain. I wish they had taken a bold step and thrown the challenge at one of sehwag or yuvraj even Dhoni.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... shows how pathetic the rest of the options are, doesn't it? we have guys who are barely holding into their places based on recent comebacks and the last thing they deserve is captaincy. we have guys have who have failed in the past and don't deserve it going forward. we have guys who still play irresponsibily even after playing for the country for so many years and have yet to put together decent scores and helping the country win test matches.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... Dravid captains the team like a Aus or SA. Unfortunately he has a team with minnow team mentality Its more of a team not supporting the captain for variety of reasons like age, ego, zonal politics, external factors like ads etc. If persisted with Dravid and given right environment, India will be better in the long run

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments....

Dravid captains the team like a Aus or SA. Unfortunately he has a team with minnow team mentality
Could you explain this further. I sort of see what you are trying to say but would like to hear more.

i wonder if anyone will even be dropped. i see the world cup XI going to BD.
A "young" team led by an experienced captain will be going to BD according to the BCCI announcement.

i wonder if anyone will even be dropped. i see the world cup XI going to BD.
A "young" team led by an experienced captain will be going to BD according to the BCCI announcement.
You know what i dont want ganguly or sachin dropped. i just cannot see another ganguly/sachin dropping issue reach our parliament. Idiots jumping up and down even if it means putting back our development plans by a year or so. let both of them fade away.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... Birbal Saheb speaks with an agenda . He was never happy with Dravid for playing the "Et Tu Brutus" part in ousting Ganguly. He has been waiting for Dravid to fail , in my opinion. And he uses Chappell as an excuse to mask his hatred for Dravid.

Guest dada_rocks

Ya thats the reward for a free from politics' date= highly dedicated, hard working professional who has made the country proud by being instrumental in myriad Indian wins . There are a rare few of such characters in Indian cricket. I'd root for such a guy at top despite his shortcomings during fledgling years.
for thsi very reason he should remain a lietunent not general.. but seems it's season of bestowing favours for good deeds of past leadership role fiasco can go to drain