SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests

varun

SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests  

1. 1.

It's accessible via the Top Menu (Games->Super Selector), or just visit this link: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/index.php?pageid=superselector HOW TO SELECT YOUR TEAM

• Click on a team name to open it and view the players
  • Click on "[+]" to select players into your team
  • Click on "[-]" to remove players from your team
  • When all rules are satisfied (Shown on the left), you will be able to save your team
HOW TO SUBSTITUTE
  • Click on a team name to open it and view the players
  • Click on "[+]" to select players to substitute in
  • Click on "[-]" to select players from your team to substitute out
  • Each substitution will cost a fixed number of points (by default 50, details below)
  • When all rules are satisfied (Shown on the left), you will be able to save your team

Substitution rules:

• Till the first match starts : Edit your team as often as you want. (Open)
  • After the first match starts till the last match ends: (Started)
    • If you have NOT Entered a team:
      • If a match is going on, You cannot edit your team

• If no matches going on, you can still create your team, however you will start at 0 points. You might notice a negative substitution adjustment to keep your points at 0 to begin with.

• If you HAVE entered a team:
      • If a match is going on, You cannot edit your team

• If no matches going on then substitutions allowed with a penalty:
        • It costs a fixed number of points per substitution (it can be adjusted for each superselector and is indicated on the page for that superselector once substitutions are active).

• Use the standard [-] and [+] links to add substitutions, and [x] to remove any temporary substitutions. If you are wondering what the "Substitution Adjustments" are, they are there to compensate for you choosing a new player who has a lot of points already (negative adjustment), or if you are dropping a player who got you a lot of points for someone new (positive adjustment). Basically, if you are currently on 1000 points, and you make a substitution, you go to (1000 - substitutuion_cost) points regardless of who you substitute.

Point Scoring system: The formula below is something that I was reasonably satisfied with, but is subject to change. Along with the usual metrics, it takes into account the strike rate, the economy rate, the importance of run-rate (i.e. the match format), extras given (wides/noballs) and other criteria as well.

if(match->type == "[B]50-over[/B]") {
  parStrikeRate = 0.83;   containmentWeight = 1;   
  fifty = 5;  century = 10;   four = 0.5;  six = 1;  
  maiden = 5;  wicket = 20;  wide = -1;  noball = -2;  
  catch = 8;  runout = 8;  
  stumping = 10;  keeperCatch = 5;  keeperRunout = 5;
}
else if(match->type == "[B]5-day[/B]") {
  parStrikeRate = 0.4;  containmentWeight = 0.3;  
  fifty = 5;  century = 10;  four = 0.2;  six = 0.5;
  maiden = 1;  wicket = 30;  wide = -0.5;  noball = -0.5;  
  catch = 10;  runout = 10;  
  stumping = 15;  keeperCatch = 7;  keeperRunout = 7;
}
else if(match->type == "[B]4-day[/B]" || "[B]3-day[/B]") {
  parStrikeRate = 0.5;  containmentWeight = 0.4;  
  fifty = 5;  century = 10;  four = 0.2;  six = 0.5;
  maiden = 1;  wicket = 30;  wide = -0.5;  noball = -0.5;  
  catch = 10;  runout = 10;  
  stumping = 15;  keeperCatch = 7;  keeperRunout = 7;
}
else if(match->type == "[B]20-over[/B]") {
  parStrikeRate = 1.2;  containmentWeight = 2.0;  
  fifty = 8;  century = 15;  four = 0.7;  six = 1.2; 
  maiden = 7;  wicket = 20;  wide = -1;  noball = -3;  
  catch = 8;  runout = 8;  
  stumping = 10;  keeperCatch = 5;  keeperRunout = 5;
}

[B]Batting Points:[/B]
runs_scored + containmentWeight*(runs_scored- balls_faced*parStrikeRate) + fours_hit*four + sixes_hit*six 
+ (runs_scored > 100 ? century : (runs_scored > 50 ? fifty : 0));

[B]Bowling Points:[/B]
(balls_bowled > 0 ? containmentWeight*(parStrikeRate-runs_given/balls_bowled)*balls_bowled : 0) 
+ maidens_bowled*maiden + wickets_taken*wicket 
+ wides_bowled*wide + noballs_bowled*noball;

[B]Fielding Points:[/B]
(special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperCatch : catch)*catches 
+ (special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperRunout : runout)*runouts 
+ stumping*stumpings";

[B]Total Points = Batting Score + Bowling Score + Fielding Score[/B]

How do I play this? Can you please post a "Superselector for Dummies" FAQ. Thx. PS: I know how to select the initial team...but how often can I change my team? When can I do so? What extra rules? Those are the things I'd like to know about.
Substitution rules: - Till the first match starts : Edit your team as often as you want. - After the first match starts till the last match ends: - If a match is going on, You cannot edit your team - If no matches going on then substitutions allowed with a penalty (depending on the players being traded) [ this part is unimplemented, but will hopefully be done by the time the matches start ]
Substitution rules: - Till the first match starts : Edit your team as often as you want. - After the first match starts till the last match ends: - If a match is going on, You cannot edit your team - If no matches going on then substitutions allowed with a penalty (depending on the players being traded) [ this part is unimplemented, but will hopefully be done by the time the matches start ]
Thanks for the info. What is the "penalty" for substitution. Can you give one or two examples in your next post? Appreciate it.
Thanks for the info. What is the "penalty" for substitution. Can you give one or two examples in your next post? Appreciate it.
Your Player has A Points Player you want has B Points if (B > A), Penalty = (B-A) + 50 if (A > B), Penalty = 50 Some more General Info on the SS: (I should really take all these posts and put them on the OP - will do later) - Matches are considered over 10 hours after the start of the last day of play of the match. - Points are automatically updated periodically after every 15 minutes.
And how are the points awarded ? Is points/runs or points/50 or 100 ? How many points for a catch etc?
if(match->type == "[B]ODI[/B]") {
  # ODI Formula
  parStrikeRate = 0.7;
  containmentWeight = 1;
  fifty = 5;
  century = 10;
  four = 0.5;
  six = 1;
  maiden = 5;
  wicket = 20;
  wide = -1;
  noball = -2;
  catch = 8;
  runout = 8;
  stumping = 10;
  keeperCatch = 5;
  keeperRunout = 5;
}
else if(match->type == "[B]Test[/B]") {
  # Test Formula
  parStrikeRate = 0.4;
  containmentWeight = 0.3;
  fifty = 5;
  century = 10;
  four = 0.2;
  six = 0.5;
  maiden = 1;
  wicket = 30;
  wide = -0.5;
  noball = -0.5;
  catch = 10;
  runout = 10;
  stumping = 15;
  keeperCatch = 7;
  keeperRunout = 7;
}
else if(match->type == "[B]Twenty20 Int.[/B]") {
  # Twenty20 Formula
  parStrikeRate = 1.2;
  containmentWeight = 2.0;
  fifty = 8;
  century = 15;
  four = 0.7;
  six = 1.2;
  maiden = 7;
  wicket = 20;
  wide = -1;
  noball = -3;
  catch = 8;
  runout = 8;
  stumping = 10;
  keeperCatch = 5;
  keeperRunout = 5;
}

2*runs_scored - balls_faced*parStrikeRate + fours_hit*four + sixes_hit*six + (runs_scored > 100 ? century : (runs_scored > 50 ? fifty : 0));

(balls_bowled > 0 ? containmentWeight*(parStrikeRate-runs_given/balls_bowled)*balls_bowled : 0) + maidens_bowled*maiden + wickets_taken*wicket - wides_bowled*wide - noballs_bowled*noball;

(special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperCatch : catch)*catches + (special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperRunout : runout)*runouts + stumping*stumpings";

The above formula is something that I was reasonably satisfied with, but of course could be subject to change. Along with the usual metrics, it takes into account the strike rate, the economy rate, the importance of run-rate (i.e. the match format), extras given (wides/noballs), etc etc..

if(match->type == "[B]ODI[/B]") {
  # ODI Formula
  parStrikeRate = 0.7;
  containmentWeight = 1;
  fifty = 5;
  century = 10;
  four = 0.5;
  six = 1;
  maiden = 5;
  wicket = 20;
  wide = -1;
  noball = -2;
  catch = 8;
  runout = 8;
  stumping = 10;
  keeperCatch = 5;
  keeperRunout = 5;
}
else if(match->type == "[B]Test[/B]") {
  # Test Formula
  parStrikeRate = 0.4;
  containmentWeight = 0.3;
  fifty = 5;
  century = 10;
  four = 0.2;
  six = 0.5;
  maiden = 1;
  wicket = 30;
  wide = -0.5;
  noball = -0.5;
  catch = 10;
  runout = 10;
  stumping = 15;
  keeperCatch = 7;
  keeperRunout = 7;
}
else if(match->type == "[B]Twenty20 Int.[/B]") {
  # Twenty20 Formula
  parStrikeRate = 1.2;
  containmentWeight = 2.0;
  fifty = 8;
  century = 15;
  four = 0.7;
  six = 1.2;
  maiden = 7;
  wicket = 20;
  wide = -1;
  noball = -3;
  catch = 8;
  runout = 8;
  stumping = 10;
  keeperCatch = 5;
  keeperRunout = 5;
}

2*runs_scored - balls_faced*parStrikeRate + fours_hit*four + sixes_hit*six + (runs_scored > 100 ? century : (runs_scored > 50 ? fifty : 0));

(balls_bowled > 0 ? containmentWeight*(parStrikeRate-runs_given/balls_bowled)*balls_bowled : 0) + maidens_bowled*maiden + wickets_taken*wicket - wides_bowled*wide - noballs_bowled*noball;

(special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperCatch : catch)*catches + (special_role == 'keeper' ? keeperRunout : runout)*runouts + stumping*stumpings";

The above formula is something that I was reasonably satisfied with, but of course could be subject to change. Along with the usual metrics, it takes into account the strike rate, the economy rate, the importance of run-rate (i.e. the match format), extras given (wides/noballs), etc etc..

Great Stuff! :thumbs_up: