SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests

varun

SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests  

1. 1.

Btw @ Finey: Let me explain the substitution penalty a bit better. Since you get the points of the player you substitute, your actual penalty per substitution is 50 points. (the B-A is to nullify the effect of adding a player with more points)

What is ParStrike rate and containment weight ? Pardon if i am asking mundane questions, this is the first time i am seeing this here.
It's just a reasonable number that I choose for a particular format. For example, I've set it to 0.7 for ODI's here (or 70 runs in 100 balls). If you score faster than that, you are rewarded appropriately, and if you score slower than that you are penalized accordingly. Same with bowling. If you give away less than 70 runs in 100 balls, you are rewarded, and so on. I toyed with the idea of extracting ParStrike rate from the match itself (by choose the average srike-rate for the whole match), but decided against it for now. I might still add that back in. Containment weight is an indicator of how important "containing batsmen" is for bowlers in this format. It's used to reward/penalize the bowlers when they give away less/more runs. This might as well be the first time you're seeing them here, as I've just made up the names.
Nice one, varoony. It looks professional and fits in with the site's interface. Shabash beta. You should have a little box on the left hand side indicating top point scorers, league rankings and that kind of thing. Here is a format you can try copying --> http://www.jamieclague.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/image7.png
Thanks for the link Predz.. Something similar is in the works and will hopefully be up before India/Pak starts. Btw, whatchu doing moving to Edinburgh ?
there is no trump thingy?
Explain Dravid ? I've never played any fantasy-cricket, so am not aware of the terminologies. Just imported concepts from the previous version of Superselector that I'd built and adapted them. The ideas for v1 of SS came from members of the previous board and some from the current board. I've added some things that seemed logical. Feel free to give suggestions, but bear in mind that I'd like to keep this fairly simple to play.
Nice one, varoony. It looks professional and fits in with the site's interface. Shabash beta. You should have a little box on the left hand side indicating top point scorers, league rankings and that kind of thing. Here is a format you can try copying --> http://www.jamieclague.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/image7.png
Hmm, Ok so I've got a leaderboard going now, and I've changed how the user's team looks a bit (it's got player pictures now). Here's a Screenie: [Edited out]
Varun trump = trump player like out of ur 11 players which u picked.. one player u can chose to be ur trump player.. now whatever he scores.. his points would be doubled for ex.. i chose dravid and dravid scores 60... then i get 120 cauz he was a trump player
I see, hmm.. the idea seems a bit unnatural to me. Also, can you keep changing your trump player ? If so, how is that handled ?