Sign in to follow this  
varun

SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests

SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests  

1. 1.

Guest Hiten.   
Guest Hiten.

Damn!!!!! I thought if you substitute a player who has 0 point with another player who has 0 point, you don't get penalized. I replaced Mills for Pollock and got penalized -50 :S :(

Damn!!!!! I thought if you substitute a player who has 0 point with another player who has 0 point, you don't get penalized. I replaced Mills for Pollock and got penalized -50 :S :(
u dumb ass...first read properly...:hysterical:

Congratulations to PainKiller for winning the Ind-Pak ODIs SuperSelector! Perennial SS loser Predator came 2nd! What ever you do, don't ask Rajeev or marirs for SS advice as they came dead last :hysterical: Top 10 PaiN_KiLLeR's 2616 Predator_05's 2582 kabira's 2449 ravi's 2448 chanakya's 2445 DesiChap's 2443 Mandrake's 2431 skeshwani's 2425 BossBhai's 2422 apocalypse's 2397

Aaah... i forgot to add the 5 for his 50.. :D Now that i think of it, i would actually stick withe ContainmentWeight of .3 A cw of .5 gives too much importance to the SR, which in my opinion arent that big a factor in tests. For eg, in the 2002 Leeds test against Ind and Eng, Sanjay Bangar's 68 off 236 balls fetches 67.2 while Michael Vaughan's 61 off 116 gets hi m 72.08. But Bangar's innings was terribly important.
As I was telling varun over MSN, strike rates mean sod all in test cricket because of how complex the game is. Match situations change and make occupation of the crease paramount at times, at other points the speed of run scoring does really start to matter and you can even have situations where scoring too quickly can be counterproductive or quite useless - something like a run a ball 50 would get a lot more SS points than a 35 off 120 balls, but if both knocks came on the final day of a test with a team batting for a draw, the slower/longer knock would be far more useful. And there's no way to account for all this with a computer programme. And yes, that Bangar knock was bloody vital - far more so imo than Ganguly's ton the following day.

This thing is fixed... How else can you explain these things,

• I had Rao Ifthikar for the first 3 matches, retard leaks run as though it was birth right and gains me negative points. I drop him for the 4th match and he turns out to be most economical pakistan bowler in those two matches and also picks up wickets
  • I had Robin Uthappa from the beginning till the end , sala never played a proper inning till the 5th ODI. Even in the 5th ODI , the team management deliberately sent him at no.3 in swinging conditions so that he will get out early and cost my SS score

• I had Shoaib Malik for the first 3 matches and he does squat. I drop for the 4th and 5th one , he opens and scores decent runs in the 4th odi and in the 5th odi , nearly hits a century and takes 5 wickets.
  • 5 of 11 eleven players in my team didnt even play in the 5th match.

As i said ,the whole thing is fixed. People dont give credence to such stupid games anymore. Go do some worthwhile things in your life.

Pain Killer, you are a very, very lucky man. I subbed Tanvir for Sreekanth last night and it very nearly paid off. Sreekanth scored 82 to Tanvir's 95 or whatever it was. You are also lucky that Yuvraj got robbed by the ump - 'cos he was in my team, but not in yours. Your ass is mine. I will reclaim my rightful place in this stupid competition during the test series - when my 'PIMPIN TALIBANI G@ANDBUSTERS XI' steal the prize. 'til then, enjoy your book. The rest of you ? PFFFFFT. You mongs haven't got sh it on me. I could easily call out the gimps who threw a little mutual masturbation party when i finished last in the stupid cricinfo thing (only 'cos i never checked it, you d icks) but i won't bother because i am such a nice guy. SLAPSTICK BOOGIEBOARDERS 4 EVA :two_thumbs_up:

Guest Hiten.   
Guest Hiten.

SS sucks man... i never win :( Screw you guys ... I am going home cartman_ch.gif

Hey Varun, this is cool! I'm going to be a first time participant on SS for the Test series. However, am trying to figure out the scoring system in plain-speak. You see I'm an IT Manager and hence don't understand code for squat ;) Can you translate that to plainer text like so .. http://fantasy.cricinfo.com/fantasy/fantasyleague/user/scoringpoints.html?game_id=7 Or if you're too busy, I can try it myself, if you let me know if what you have on the first page is the latest updated sheet.

Hey Varun, this is cool! I'm going to be a first time participant on SS for the Test series. However, am trying to figure out the scoring system in plain-speak. You see I'm an IT Manager and hence don't understand code for squat ;) Can you translate that to plainer text like so .. http://fantasy.cricinfo.com/fantasy/fantasyleague/user/scoringpoints.html?game_id=7 Or if you're too busy, I can try it myself, if you let me know if what you have on the first page is the latest updated sheet.
You IT Managers and your nagging :P Yes the first page is the latest sheet. If you can rewrite it in a more readable format that'll be great, or I'll do it when I get time

UPDATE ! Please feel free to add your teams for competitions that you could not enter earlier and that have already started ! Note that you will start at 0 to begin with. So you will see a lot of negative substitution points to subtract the points of the people that you added and it will keep you at 0 Also note that immediately after you create your team, you will fall back to the default "substitution method" which costs 50 points per substitution.

Varun / Rajeev / Other mods, Yaar today i saw SS and found Pak and Bang missing from SS... Why bhailog :((... i was coming 2nd and hoped to come 1st to recv. some $$$ from ICF and few from my rich friends... :D

Varun / Rajeev / Other mods, Yaar today i saw SS and found Pak and Bang missing from SS... Why bhailog :((... i was coming 2nd and hoped to come 1st to recv. some $$$ from ICF and few from my rich friends... :D
Ouch, I explained it in another thread. An extra feature was requested by some posters for the SuperSelector, and while trying out the feature on the Pakistan-Bangladesh SS, it threw an error and ended up deleting the whole SS.. :(( PS: $10,000 being sent to you as a consolation prize :teeth_smile:

Ouch, I explained it in another thread. An extra feature was requested by some posters for the SuperSelector, and while trying out the feature on the Pakistan-Bangladesh SS, it threw an error and ended up deleting the whole SS.. :(( PS: $10,000 being sent to you as a consolation prize :teeth_smile:
Sry i didn't see the other thread , no issues yaar ... But i got only $10 as a consolation prize.... u said u have been send $10000 ... but i received only $10... khoon pasine ke kamayee hai biduu...Gareeb ke saath inta badaa mazaak...:((:((

so i can make substitutions at end of day's play or i cant till the end of test match?
No, you can't bobby. I'm afraid i'll have to disqualify you from the competition, because you're waaaaay too good and the others are feeling hopeless. As the sole adjudicator, i hereby declare that you should watch THIS VIDEO as punishment for being too good at Super selector; [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll8Qm8yDj-8&feature=related]YouTube - chiru[/ame]

No, you can't bobby. I'm afraid i'll have to disqualify you from the competition, because you're waaaaay too good and the others are feeling hopeless. As the sole adjudicator, i hereby declare that you should watch THIS VIDEO as punishment for being too good at Super selector; YouTube - chiru
rofl well ipl is my first super selector as i am new here. i didnt even knew if we can substitute or how much pts gonna lose thats why in first week or so i missed on oz players since i thought they gonna leave soon and later never substituted mccullum after kolkatta game agaisnt brc thought i am gonna lose equivalent pts if i substitute, well now i am getting hang of this stuff. nah, i am not that good its been luck so far

TOP 11 Teams among 42 SS teams flamy's Holiday 11 3029 chamatkar's Hille le A-siya re, Hille le Amreekawa 2874 amits's sehwag 203* 2859 omniks's Asian Badshas 2770 guju24's best of 11 2762 Predator_05's Pitch Diggers 2684 varun's Asia Powa 2667 arndp's Asian XI 2666 bobbydhillon's farters 2641 Rajeev's THIS ONE BELONGS TO INDIA 2636 theguyinallblue's TheTrueBlueTeam 2635

TGIAB..u r so mean :mad: I waz rite behind u.... :( flamy's Holiday 11 3029 chamatkar's Hille le A-siya re, Hille le Amreekawa 2874 amits's sehwag 203* 2859 omniks's Asian Badshas 2770 guju24's best of 11 2762 Predator_05's Pitch Diggers 2684 varun's Asia Powa 2667 arndp's Asian XI 2666 bobbydhillon's farters 2641 Rajeev's THIS ONE BELONGS TO INDIA 2636 theguyinallblue's TheTrueBlueTeam 2635 Blue_billion's thnx is to Allah..We is Winning :) 2624