7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour

Same pay per match for seniors, juniors: BCCI TIMES NEWS NETWORK / Sumit Mukherjee
So Desichap, You won't give up reading TOI? Anyway the same newspaper also told us on whose recommendation was Shastri elected/selected the manager of the team. Tell us about that too.

Why hating on munaf? or Zak...both have been playing very, very well...the bowlers did tremendously well for india. Against bangladesh tehy almost defended 191, and they held sri lanka to a mediocre 250 score. So i'm not quite sure why they should recieve any rebuke. Def Bhajji who apparently can't take a wicket should be passed over for Pawar who really plays the game with guts. Ganguly, Tendulkar both need to retire it would be terrilbe to "drop" them Dhoni needs to be given an ultimatum or dropped b/c he can only play in india and thats just not right. yuvi's good man, i'm sorry but that kid's got oodles of talent...uthappa maybe deserves and extended run...
Agree with each and every statement of yours.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour My prediction if they drop 7 seniors India will make a new history of losing to bangis in test this time and u will see all of the seniors returning provided some of them don't declare retirement pi$$ed over this knee-jerk reaction.

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour They can't and won't drop Sachin. Now that there are no contracts again. Why will the seniors who are dropped not sign up with Zee ? If you look at it this way guys like Sachin,gangs, Vvs, Sehwag will draw crowds even if they are not playing for India in India. All they need to do is si gn up for Zee now. You dont have a contract. You are in the Twilight of your career. No more endorsments. Sgn up for Zee and you will play for what two years more with endorsments etc. And you play at home where pitches suit you as well

My prediction if they drop 7 seniors India will make a new history of losing to bangis in test this time and u will see all of the seniors returning provided some of them don't declare retirement pi$$ed over this knee-jerk reaction.
And that'll be a new hall of shame for Indian cricket. But does it have shame?????
Guest dada_rocks

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour I am afraid if they do drop sachin he might declare retirement.

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour I dont care if we lose to Bangladesh. This is a statement series. BCCI for the first time has shown some spine to make some bold decisions. We need to hit our seniors where it hurts them most, their pockets and their career. I am prepared to lose for an year (its not that we are winning every tour with the seniors), with the juniors. Its time to prepare our next generation of cricketers, who will keep our seniors on their toes.

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour Let us see how many of its decisions materialise. If I'm not wrong, didn't the same BCCI regime said that they'd bring trasparency, accountability and professionalism in the Indian cricket. Since last two years they've not been able to set up a website.... so of course we should believe each and every word that they say. Isn't it? And you don't mind treating one of your heroes badly? We have already done that to Dada. So you're perfectly happy if the same is done to Sachin too?

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour Tendu,sehwag and yuvi should gosehwag for performance ...tendu for performance and attitude andyuvi for his massive ego. Zaheer and dada put on notice.For attitude problem Dhoni should be made to sweat it out with dinesh in the team also given a chance to keep in a few matches. Agarkar can be dropped without giving any reason.....

Let us see how many of its decisions materialise. If I'm not wrong, didn't the same BCCI regime said that they'd bring trasparency, accountability and professionalism in the Indian cricket. Since last two years they've not been able to set up a website.... so of course we should believe each and every word that they say. Isn't it? And you don't mind treating one of your heroes badly? We have already done that to Dada. So you're perfectly happy if the same is done to Sachin too?
Exactly whats wrong with the dropping of Ganguly when it happened ? He didnt perform & he had to go. Now that he has, recently, he is welcome again. I dont see how Sachin should be treated any differently. He does not have the hunger in him anymore. U already agree he should step down from ODIs. In Tests, he hasnt won a game or had a dominant series with the bat, for close to half a decade now. So whats the issue if he's dropped ? Remember, SRT became a HERO, by performing. No hero has a permanent place in history and Indian team is no welfare organization. I am not asking for anyone to be disrespectfully booted out. They must be given a chance to exit gracefully. But if they dont perform & they dont want to retire, there is no other choice left, but to drop them.

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour Listen Bumper, You need to tell the seniors in private that their time is up. Now it'd be up to them whether they'd prefer to announce retirement or would like to be dropped. You HAVE to give at least this much respect to the players who've served for the country since a long time. You MUST NOT humiliate them! But it is yet to be seen about what happens! The only thing I'm disappointed about is the attitude of the fans. Just imagine school kids believe each and every word that is written in news-papers without analysing what is true and what is just a rumour! So they develop a hatred for players whom they don't even know. Why??? Why do we do this?

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour This is from Telegraph: ?What is meant by young?? ?It?s okay for the working committee to give a directive, but what?s meant by ?young?? Even a 25-year-old is young? Will the selectors pick young failures and not ?old? performers? Should one go by age or performance?? Well, the next selection committee meeting ought to be quite interesting.

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour This respect bit goes a bit too far in Indian cricket... How many cricketers with a few exceptions like sunny have gone respectfully.I don't believe the players are so dense that they don't realise it's their time to go now.Problem is that we go out of our way to respect them and then they demand respect . It's like no one sitting on sachin 's seat on the team bus .......translating to no one else taking the opening slot.He demands that respect irrespective of the teams requirement. What is the need to take him to such heights that he finds it difficult to climb down and even a suggestion for change is taken as an insult and shattering humiliation. If he has not performed to his potential then isn't the coach or others right in raising questions....?why is he to be considered an exception......?Why does it have to result in an emotional outbreak on tv? It's time people are told that you need to perform to demand respect ...or else leave respectfully.

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour Why do selectors confuse performances in the test arena with ODIs? Ganguly,Laxman and Sehwag should not be dropped. Sachin maybe. But this wholesale change that is planned might prove to be disastrous. Some of you might want this to happen because you feel it will be better for Indian cricket in the long run but I'd rather we avenge our loss against BD and thrash them in each game. Losing to them is not an option and I will never ever take a test defeat against BD for 'supposed' successes in the long run.

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour Kuch nahin hoga, these are real Flat Track Bullies, they are going to stay based on their performance in subcontinent. Practically, India do not have enough bench strength to replace these FTBs :wall:

Re: 7 seniors likely to be dropped for Bangladesh Tour He was respected for his performance. But respect is one thing and making one a God by making symbolic worshipping gestures like not sitting on his seat etc do tend to go to ones head where it affects their thinking and they start believing in the same. Same with the opening spot issue.....just because he has been opening doesn't make it his natural ,taken for granted position.Hehas to learn that cricket is a team game and he needs to adjust according to the teams requirement.But instead he continous to go on with his"Iwant to open,I want to open "like a child .Is this the way for a respectable senior to behave...is this the kind of example to be set for the youngsters. Respect has to be earned...and if some one has earned it...then it has to be maintained .Not lost at the end of your glorious career.I am sure you will agree with me on the last bit.We all want him to do his best and retire respectfully ........but then he has to do his bit.