The 3 AM Playlist

flamy

I will add the soundtrack to my days here. :D Look out for the monthly favourites! :cool:Danish band I Got You On Tape present a stirring vision of electro-acoustic harmony and song. Listen carefully to the calming, distinctly human lyrics that speak volumes. RwqB-VlveBY z9mmSRBp5Rc&feature=related

Sparklehorse is Mark Linkous, a Virginia native and last of a long line of southern coalminers. Linkous records much of Sparklehorse's material in his home studio, and his Southern Gothic vision guides Sparklehorse. Drummer and multi-instrumentalist Scott Minor is a frequent collaborator. AGZsQf6WjHI&feature=related BuADktquIXo&feature=related

Song of June! 7q0TUQRt3iw I got to thinking of my sis. This song provided me a nice happy beat to come up with this: you are like the secret of a child big enough to change the world and cute enough to make mommy wild you are half a somersault close enough to flip the world and confused enough to make a thought you are like a pimple on the nose shiny enough to shake the world and silly enough to kiss I suppose you are a train of afterthoughts long enough to lose the world and deep enough to animate ink blots you are like the pillow under my head comfy enough to travel the world and inventive enough to say the unsaid.

Holy COW!!!!!!!!!!! That is fecking fantastic bro! Flying Saucer Attack - I hadn't heard of them before. :yay:
You can get it - you know where!:winky: I'm old enough to remember when shoegazing was around in the early 90s. I've got Slowdive, Ride, My Bloody Valentine and the like in my collection. Unfortunately there's a lot of music categorised as 'shoegaze' these days which bears no resemblance to shoegaze at all. I wouldn't call Flying Saucer Attack shoegaze at all for example. One of my favourite shoegaze tunes is Slowdive's 'Slowdive' available on the second disc of the 'Just for a day' CD reissue. Allison is good, but 'When The sun hits' is better off Souvlaki.

Interesting. anything with a riff like that is pigeonholed shoegaze by me :D And I think MBV is as far away from Shoegaze as Fergie. Maybe, I'm not really a shoegazer. But, hey who needs genres?
You're kidding? MBV is the quintessential shoegaze band. Loveless is a classic.

I'm not :(( I didn't find the same feel I find in Loveless as I do with Slowdive, Mogwai, Mono, Low.. But, almost every shoegazer I talk to mentions them.
Mono and Mogwai are more 'post-rock'. Shoegzing is more about a 'wall of noise' with ethereal vocals. Most of these teenybopper 'shoegazers' haven't got a clue what they're talking about.