When will we have an express fast bowler?

i agree on the tape ball point of view! never played with a tape ball in india but here in austria i got to meet a few pakis and the showed me a taped ball was and it was just awome to bwl with it....i dunno bout india but i have punjabi here INDIAN punjabi whose built the HULK and man can he bowl fast!!

Sami is slightly built but still could generate tremendous speed ! Same was the case with Srinath. Kapil Dev had a much better built then either of the two , but he was slower in comparison. Can you name one Punjabi /North Indian fast bowler who bowls faster than Srinath or even Sreesanth consistently. We have Madan lal , Ghavri , Chetan Sharmas of the world who were always military medium. Granted , most of the fast bowlers in Pakistan are from Punjab ( Akktar, Younis,Wasim ) and punjabis are supposed to be of lesser build than Pathans.Go figure.... I don't buy that physical strength necessarily will translate to express pace. Sure , one can't expect venkatpathy raju or dilip doshi to bowl at express pace , but surely athletic build guys like kapil , Sreesanth etc can certainly be trained to bowl at genuine pace.
In India the punjabis have the ideal mixture of strength, bulid and aggression to be bread basket of Indias fast bowling. The problem is that they are not that interested in cricket traditionally and are more interested in hockey and kabbadi. They also are more interested in getting drunk, chasing girls and fighting:--D I am not saying people from other areas can't be pace bowlers. But higher likley hood of punjabis/north indians producing serious pacers. Shame they are more interested in other activities:cantstop:
he is........so u can see the effect on ishant
Do we not have any better persons as coach....am not underrating Prasad but he wasn't a great bowler...remember how Jayasurya & kaluwitharana used to punish him.......Am really curious to know how these coaches are selected etc...I mean the basis....

Well we need country wide top fast bowling coaches. It is not Prasads responsibilty to train someone to be a 90mph bowler. Its his responsibilty to have a 90mph bowler giving to him and then manage/maintain and improve. What worries me is Indias coaching history of having fast bowlers and coaching the speed potential out of them. This may be happening with Ishant

and also for some reason' date=' Indians dont just appriciate fast bowling... just check the views of some of the posters here on ICF ..when i said Ishant Sharma is getting slower last year, some of posters just jumped on with quotes like "Phaassttt bowling won't give u wickets" , "You must be p@ki to like phassttt bowling"..etc... heck even the Cricket tournament I play here, my team is mostly Indian and they keep telling to bowl slow deliveries... just pisses me off[/quote'] Rahul are you playing Brampton Cricket League this year or EDCL?
and also for some reason' date=' Indians dont just appriciate fast bowling... just check the views of some of the posters here on ICF ..when i said Ishant Sharma is getting slower last year, some of posters just jumped on with quotes like "Phaassttt bowling won't give u wickets" , "You must be p@ki to like phassttt bowling"..etc... heck even the Cricket tournament I play here, my team is mostly Indian and they keep telling to bowl slow deliveries... just pisses me off[/quote'] Unfortunatley true!!!
Well we need country wide top fast bowling coaches. It is not Prasads responsibilty to train someone to be a 90mph bowler. Its his responsibilty to have a 90mph bowler giving to him and then manage/maintain and improve. What worries me is Indias coaching history of having fast bowlers and coaching the speed potential out of them. This may be happening with Ishant
i suggest Ian pont:--D

its something that is achieved during the teenage years when the fast twitch muscles develop, major component for this is the diet which sadly for us is lacking in high quality protein. besides something somewhere is going wrong for the indian pacers, they all start off bowling at 140+ kmph(pathan, rp, ishanth, nehra) and then reduce to meduim pace tundlers. look at ishanth now, he barely breaks the 135+ mark.

Venky was the bowling coach fr the WC winning team 2007 too.. stop being so rude :((
i have lost confidence in him to be honest.there is a lack of strategic thinking in most of our fast bowlers.they cant bowl to their field in the initial stages in limited overs cricket and bowl a gimme 4 ball in each of their overs without fail.they cannot bowl a yorker at the death even if the fate of the Universe depended on it.this is not a recent problem either and some of it has to be attributed to the coach as well.if you a see a problem in your bowlers than you as a coach should take some actions to rectify it and we have seen no evidence to suggest that it is happening. I wont be unhappy if we hire a new bowling coach to be honest.

I'll agree with the tape ball thing. In India, when you're not playing with the real cricket ball, you're only playing with Tennis balls (or hardened Tennis ball produced by manufacturers like Cosco, Vicky, Khanna etc). But they are still tennis balls. You can't bowl fast or generate bounce with that balls much. We need a new big company to sell and advertise tape ball in India.

I disagree with the theory Indians are weak. And also lot of wiry bowlers have bowled faster than well built bowlers. Arm speed is also important. You need motivation then you will see execution.
not weak strength wise, we have some of the biggest 6 hitters on the planet. bowling wise something is missing. its all about the rythm. fidel edwards is 5'7-5'8 and he bowls 93 mph.
Rahul are you playing Brampton Cricket League this year or EDCL?
nahi bhai..i had two offers from EDCL teams but had to reject coz its my Final year and lately I have started getting this lil lower-back pain coz of my bowling action...... so right now playing only Tape-ball tournament here in Waterloo Universtiy.. what about u...u playing for any of the teams in EDCL?
I'll agree with the tape ball thing. In India, when you're not playing with the real cricket ball, you're only playing with Tennis balls (or hardened Tennis ball produced by manufacturers like Cosco, Vicky, Khanna etc). But they are still tennis balls. You can't bowl fast or generate bounce with that balls much. We need a new big company to sell and advertise tape ball in India.
how do u "sell" tape balls? do u even know what a tape ball is? you take a soft, good quality tennis ball (so that it doesnt burst easily) then you wrap it tightly and fully in the best electric insulation tape that you can get, the better quality of the tape, the lesser the chance that it would shred off. i used to play with wilson tennis balls wrapped in vinni (japanese made) electric tape. now tell me how do you "sell" premade tape balls?

ok, srinath was really quick before shoulder injury, 150+ zaheer khan was also really fast, look at how he bowled at 2003 world cup, nehra too. now india has ishant sharma who is really fast so indian bowlers can be quick but they arent managed properly. they play too many matchez and a few injuries here and there makes them break down and also, india is a batting country. india has always produced good batsman and evry kid in india wantz to be sachin tendulkar or sehwag cos those are the most successful crickrters in india. the role models for kids in india are da batsmen not the bowlers