Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs

Sachin: 40-45 Cr in endorsements. 14 brands. Spends close to 70 days per year in sponsorships. Dravid: 12 Cr. 10+ brands. 50 days approx per year Dhoni: 7 Cr. 15 brands Ganguly: 5 Cr. 7 brands. Veeru: ??? Cr. 10 brands. Players restricted to only 3 brands. They have to pick brands to discard. This can lead to legal tangle & BCCI may have to end up fighting legal battles, reports CNN IBN. All seniors screwed. Am lovin it!

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs

Sorry Bumper but perhaps you didn't hear correctly. Shah said " existing contracts will not be affected". So there you go.....!
Is that true ? CNN IBN reports players will have to choose contracts to discard. They even had Sehwag's agent Latika speak on this matter.

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs They should have to clear their contracts before signing them. ONE OF THE PLAYERS CONTRACT HAS A CLAUSE THAT HE WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE TIME HE SPENDS ON THE PITCH RATHER THAN THE NUMBER OF RUNS HE MAKES.That should explain some of the times when people have been hogging the overs without much progress.......

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs The present contracts should also be cleared and if objectionable....then they should be made public. One players contract apparently ends when he is out of the team....these cant obviously be good for the team ....and result in the desperate attempts to do anything to keep their place in the team. source for the above two contract clauses......ndtv...although names of players were not mentioned.

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs Yes but they can atleast ask to be shown the contracts to see if they go against team interest. I am sure a contract that pays on the basis of time spent on the crease goes against team interest and the employers and fans have a right to know who this great player is .

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs agreed rajeev...agar dhanda crease par samay bitane ka hai to score card aage badane ki kya zaroorat hai...kaheka risk lena...khade raho...took took karte raho...team jaya bhad mein...har took took ke paise milte hai na.....

Yes but they can atleast ask to be shown the contracts to see if they go against team interest. I am sure a contract that pays on the basis of time spent on the crease goes against team interest and the employers and fans have a right to know who this great player is .
So the rumour spreading channels and newspapers have got the players' endorsement contract copies too?? Wonder how!!! :roll:

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs The overwhelming sentiment in the forum seems to be in favour of this move. But i would love to know if during those times when sponsorship are endorsments were low , how well was the team performing ? Does the aussie team have any such restrictions ? Tiger woods aruguably does more endoresmnts than any other playr. does that affect his game ?

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs Iam not in favour of this move...everyone has the right to earn a living as long as it is not affecting th team performance . But i like the two terms. 1) the contract has to be passed by the bcci...to make sure it doesn't go against the team spirit . 2)that no more than 2 players can endorse a product....because that was considered the bane of groupism.One major star getting endorsements for the smaller stars in the sameadvertisement and hence in a way buying their loyalty. I am not in favour of bcci resticting their endorsements unless they are ready to give the players hefty retirement benefits that they are entitled to get considering they are the ones who get in the money.

Wont make any diff ..... they will find a way to beat the system .... by hook or crook.
BB, The system has beaten itself! I'd have loved to know if such restriction can be legally possible. But unfortunately we do not have any lawyer here on the board. And if the system thinks that a person was too slow just to get to a 50 or 100 and it affected the team badly, why aren't they dropped? Group-ism? Why can't you drop a player who is not playing as a part of the team? After all the manager, coach and captain submit their reports after every series!! And apparently they're binned without even reading them! The whole fiasco is crying out that it was BCCI who is the real villain. Yet, BCCI acts to appease a few misguided fans and refuses to take even an iota of responsibility for this failure!! And majority of fans are fooled!!

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs I dont believe in this whole theory of money influencing performance.How do you explain the champions in Tennis,Golf,Soccer who earn way more than our cricketers.....its not as simple as that.

Re: Sachin most hit, other seniors also hit by sponsorship curbs this is an absurd rule. it will also affect small companies. players would refuse to sign up with them waiting for a big one to take up one of their allotted 3 slots. i don't know which idiot came up with this proposal of limiting the number of contracts/player.

this is an absurd rule. it will also affect small companies. players would refuse to sign up with them waiting for a big one to take up one of their allotted 3 slots. i don't know which idiot came up with this proposal of limiting the number of contracts/player.
I don't think it can b e legal, Yoda.