Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach

That's right. Who needs a spin coach when the skipper can put a spin on things thus:

"The BCCI has always been very caring and considerate about the players' interests and I am sure that the BCCI would discuss the issue with the players at a suitable time," he said. "When this opportunity arises then we shall jointly examine the areas of concern, iron out the irksome issues and work out a package that can take care of the collective interests and concerns of the BCCI and the players...." "We have had a disappointing World Cup and it is important that we all work together as the various stakeholders in the game to help improve and take our cricket forward."
"Jointly examine areas of concern"....work out a package" (FFS!!)...Iron out the irksome issues...Work together as the various stakeholders..." Now that would put a fukcing politician to shame. Answer some questions, Dravid. I don't understand political speak, so just give plain answers. 1. Why did you average 25 with the bat in Tests against SA? 2. Why do you freeze when people called McGrath, Warne or Pollock are in the opposition? 3. Why are your three poorest Test series against Australia, twice, and SA, once? 4. Why did you preside over the poorest Indian performance in a WC since 1992? 5. Why was it that under your stewardship that India failed to beat England at home for the first time in 20 years? You'll point out the away win against WI, and kudos to you for that, particularly for the two half centuries in the final Test when the rest of your team were wilting like lillys in Patagonia, but I can't think of a single other redeeming feature of your captainship. I still think you are a great bat, Rahul, but cut out the crap. Acknowledge your failings, not just in this WC, but in your entire stint as a captain. Cut out the politico-speak. I fear it's gonna soften the steel in you. Your hero Steve Waugh didn't become who he was by mincing words. Aside to ICFers: I don't think this fella will take us there, folks. Too diplomatic, shirks away from confrontations, doesn't take the hard decisions, and tries to keep too many people happy, all at once. Not good signs at all.

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach Great! When someone puts his foot down and forces the issue people call him "heavy handed" "not a good man-manager" and run him out from his job. On the other hand, when someone wisely side steps the distractions and says issues will be resolved in the long term (effectively conveying to the team that he is not going to make an issue of the endorsement policy) we call him weak. As far as the criterion of performing poorly against Sa and Australia go - use this criterion and other seniors will look worse. Dravid has more integrity and embodies the team first spirit mroe than any other player. I say make him the captain get rid of the players who play for their records and give him young players to manage who can learn the team spirit from him and we can have a team India (for a change)

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach Here lets ask some more questions. 1.Why did India win its first test in SA under your stewardship? 2. Why do you average 57.33 in tests, the highest amoung all present Indian Batsmen? 3. Why would you hit 180 to support Laxman's 281 thus winning us the greatest test of all time? 4. Why would you score 270 to enable India to win its first ever Test series in Pakistan? Why would you do such a terrible thing? 5. Why would you score twin half-centuries to win our first test series in the West Indies? You asshole! How dare you? 6. Why would you captain a team that won a record 17 wins chasing? 7. Why would you be the highest run getter in the '99 world cup? 8. Why would you be the first player to score centuries in every test playing nation? 9. Why are you the fastest player to reach 9000 runs in test cricket? 10. Why have you scored over 10,000 ODI Runs? 11. Why do you have the record of not being dismissed on a duck for 120 innings? 12. Why when you captain? Do you have the highest batting average in ODIs from all other Indian captains at 45.58? YOU SUCK...its your fault that nobody else batted well...all your fault. All in all Dravid just sucks...he should be sacked immediately...he is a terrible captain. IT is all his fault that India crashed out of the world cup. I guess i just want to say Dravid just go kill yourself, I mean clearly you just have no purpose in life and you just haven't contributed to Indian cricket at all. What a shame, What a shame.

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach If there is one man in this fragile team who can withstand pressure its Dravid..may not have had a good stint as captain but he is certainly capable of doing much better...now only if rest of the cry babies in the team could perform.....right now there is no better option than Dravid as skipper.

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach Thanks for standing up for my favourite player, guys. I couldn't be bothered to look up his record, so got you guys to do the hard work instead. In particular, thanks Cricajar! :hic: Seriously though, you are all absolutely right. He is a great man, and it is remiss of me to knock him on his one or two frailties. I still take issue with all his politically correct verbiage though. I'd like his speech to be cliche-free, inspiring, hard hitting, and honest, but I guess that's asking for too much.

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach Took the words right outta my mouth cricjar. You forgot two: --Why does your weak-a$$ have a higher batting average out of India then in India? --Why did keep you wickets (even though you hated it) while still maintaining a high ODI batting average and the greatest degree of batting consistency not only in the Indian team, but arguably ... in the world? ------------------------------------------------- I'm sorry to say Dhondy, ... your posts are usually jems but you're way off on this one.

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach Am not sure, its all Dravid's fault. You gotta feel for the guy a bit here. Among the seniors aka slouchs, he is the only true pro. His nature is not to piss any one off. When confronted, he tries to take all the burden on himself (as evident in his willingness to open against Pak), instead of making others look bad. Am sure, when his time's up, when he feels he can no longer win games for India, he will hang his boots up. He wont shamelessly hang around, to rake up dollars in the bank. Dravid will be a good captain, ONLY when things around him are in order. Put him around chaos, he has no clue how to set things right. He is a pro & he expects everyone to think & act like a pro. When they dont, he feels powerless. He is not an enforcer. By expecting him to be one, we are asking Dravid to be what he is not. He is just a filler right now. He qualifies as the better of worst at the moment. I hope Dhoni cements his place in a year from now & takes over the reins.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach my stance on dravid the captain has been clear since day one..good to see people are seeing through the macinations of UN talk.. btw when azhar was made captain even then people thought there was no option available. unless u throw someone in the middle u will never know..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach

--Why did keep you wickets (even though you hated it) while still maintaining a high ODI batting average and the greatest degree of batting consistency not only in the Indian team, but arguably ... in the world?
When he did that his place was in danger in one day side in those days

--Why did keep you wickets (even though you hated it) while still maintaining a high ODI batting average and the greatest degree of batting consistency not only in the Indian team' date=' but arguably ... in the world? [/quote'] When he did that his place was in danger in one day side in those days
Ganguly would have protected him. He was forced to keep because Sourav couldn't be convinced that India didn't need 7 full batsmen. The batsman-heavy theory was not sustainable, but the skip just couldn't be convinced otherwise.
Guest dada_rocks

--Why did keep you wickets (even though you hated it) while still maintaining a high ODI batting average and the greatest degree of batting consistency not only in the Indian team' date=' but arguably ... in the world? [/quote'] When he did that his place was in danger in one day side in those days
Ganguly would have protected him. He was forced to keep because Sourav couldn't be convinced that India didn't need 7 full batsmen. The batsman-heavy theory was not sustainable, but the skip just couldn't be convinced otherwise.
Exactly dravid keeping idea was in a way ganguly's attempt to protect dravid. He could not have done it otherwise, he may have been powerful but not as powerful as u might think. All around the world since quite sometime every team compromises little on keeping to gain in batting deptt, just have a cursory look .Wk's role has changed, it's not just ganguly everybody started thinking in those terms.

Re: Dravid Is India's New Spin Coach Maan theres a lot of support for Dravid but after reading a lot of the posts by dada fans I have to say some Indian fans just care about certain players and not about the team. We blame the zonal selection system but seems like zonal bias has vastly impacted some of the members on this forum..hopefully they will take their blinders off and grasp the reality Dravid = team man, tough under pressure, true leader SRT and Ganguly = selfish old farts