bowling coach in sight, at last....

gator

a snippet from cricinfo, dont know if u guys saw it.... "While India's bowlers have performed better than the batsmen in this series, there has been talk of the need for a bowling coach and Vengsarkar raised the point today. "We need a bowling coach. I have told Mr Pawar about it. I don't know who it will be, that's for the board to decide, but we need one."" hope it is not too late before the world cup....

Re: bowling coach in sight, at last....

bowlers are a perennial problem' date=' DSR.... the tests will highlight it.... we have always made heavy weather of taking 20 wkts in tests.....[/quote'] Agree they have been perennial prob. But not so much now, we have best pacers for ages, should be ZK, Munaf and Sree as seamers. Decent trio. More then anything we need a batting coach :lol:

Re: bowling coach in sight, at last.... u cant have a better batting coach than Greg... all our players have testified to tht.... it is jus impossible for these guys to play day in and day out for the majority of their life on flat tracks and jus by theoretically learning how to play on bouncy wickets, they can fare well......

Re: bowling coach in sight, at last....

u cant have a better batting coach than Greg... all our players have testified to tht.... it is jus impossible for these guys to play day in and day out for the majority of their life on flat tracks and jus by theoretically learning how to play on bouncy wickets' date=' they can fare well......[/quote'] really don't think it is all about the pitches. our batters have not been firing for 6 months on all types of tracks

Re: bowling coach in sight, at last.... it's a matter of confidence for the batters. dheeraj rahko, it will come. wonly won inning. the bowlers are bowling well -- I think a bowling coach is excellent for someone like Pathan who has been fiddling with his action for about a year now. Also Zakky has been known to completely lose his action -- we all remember the 'to-jump-or-not-to-jump' saga. I just hope they don't get a dennis lillee type -- or you will get 5 homogenous, utterly ineffective bowlers that will always be available for selection because of their new 'injury free actions'.