Bowled Over: Irfan Pathan to marry Shivani

Guest Shivani

Guest Shivani

VADODARA: It's a decision that could break a million hearts. 'Baroda bomber' Irfan Pathan is set to marry long-time friend Shivangi Dev, daughter Irfan & Shivangi New innings: Irfan & Shivangi of an Indian diplomat in Australia. Pathan, who has known Shivangi for the past six years, told TOI that their parents had finally given their nod to the wedding. ( Watch ) "We know each other really well now," said a blushing Irfan, who first met his lady-love in Canberra in 2003. The younger Pathan, however, is sure of the venue. "It will take some time but certainly in Vadodara. It will be a traditional wedding," he said. TOI had first reported about Irfan's relationship with Shivangi, in March last year. Irfan had first met her during a practice match. "She was very shy and didn't talk much during our first meeting. It took quite some time before we got comfortable with each other and got into a relationship," Irfan said. So, who proposed first? "I was the one who proposed to her about three years ago. I was in Vadodara when I called her up and asked her if she would marry me," he said. She said yes. Initially, there was some resistance from both families . "Now, our families have accepted our relationship," he added. Shivangi, who has visited Irfan's home twice, works as a chartered accountant in Australia and also teaches dance to children. "She is a very good dance teacher and has a major fan following in her dance school," said Irfan who has visited her school

Guest Shivani

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Since I'm new here mods please guide me if this isn't the place to post this thread :/