Another CAKE Cotroversy

Rajiv

Sachin cuts the tri-colour to pieces showcase.gif Zeecric Bureau New Delhi, April 10: Flashes of a poor showing by the Indians in the World Cup has still not receded in memory but it seems that misfortune is not leaving Team India. Sachin Tendulkar may be in big trouble as he is shown by the website www.headlinesindia.com cutting a tri-colour cake at a party hosted by an NRI in Jamaica just before the World Cup on March 11. The party took place in the presence of an Indian diplomat, the Indian High Commissioner to Jamaica, K L Agrawal. The whole of Indian team was present there and Zaheer Khan, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ajit Agarkar and Harbhajan Singh apart from Sachin Tendulkar were clearly visible in the photographs. As per the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971, not only is this act unethical and insensitive, but it also amounts to an offence with a maximum of three years imprisonment or fine or both. The Act stipulates, ?Whoever in any public place or in any other place within public view burns, mutilates, defaces, defiles, disfigures, destroys, tramples upon or otherwise shows disrespect to or brings into contempt (whether by words, either spoken or written, or by acts) the Indian National Flag or any part thereof, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.? It remains to be seen what the repercussions of such an act will amount to, not only for the players but also for the esteemed Indian High Commissioner who was present at the party. http://www.zeecric.com/fullstory.asp?nid=2368

Re: Another CAKE Cotroversy Looks like Sachin can do no right. Anyways, for a guy who has been very thoughtful about the flag (remember the inverted flag episode in Pak which Sachin caught), he could have used better judgement. But I would cut him some slack.

Re: Another CAKE Cotroversy Agree with rajeev. But this is a bit too much. This makes most of the country criminals during republic days and independence day....as most mithais in sweet shops are tricoloured. Infact what i find more objectioable is the thousands of paper flags being proudly displaced everywhere but ending in the dustbin in the next few day. I do my bit and never buy a flag ...by flag is in my heart. In support of sachin and this stupid cake controversy...i am writing this recipe for tricolour sandwich.....ok gambit :hmph: and chandan. :wtg: Ingredients. 3 slices of bread dhania pudina chutney tomato sauce cheese slice tomato cucumber lettuce apply green pudia dhania chutney to a slice ...cover with thin cucumber slices and lettuce .Next cover with another slice of bread followed by slice of cheesetomato sauce and tomato sloces.Top it up with the 3rd slice of bread. Cut the corners and cut it into 2 triangles..... yum yum ......

Re: Another CAKE Cotroversy

Ingredients. 3 slices of bread dhania pudina chutney tomato sauce cheese slice tomato cucumber lettuce apply green pudia dhania chutney to a slice ...cover with thin cucumber slices and lettuce .Next cover with another slice of bread followed by slice of cheesetomato sauce and tomato sloces.Top it up with the 3rd slice of bread. Cut the corners and cut it into 2 triangles..... yum yum ......
:wtg: