BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth

Chandan

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth

So you'd rather support the corrupt BCCI officials who don't do anything apart from making more and more money at the expense of players? Chokers or not, they have played for us, at least done some sacrifices in their lives for the game. Why won't I support them instead of the board who still are not interested in doing anything for the game. And if they'll try this policy among the players, where will the trust and faith come from? You give me one reason: why would you support the board instead of the players?
No, I don't support the BCCI officials personally. But I do support most of these initiatives which are also endorsed by people like RJS and RD. Yes, they have played for us and we have SUPPORTED AND PAID THEM for that. It is time for us to expect some consistency also. Like Dravid said, it is not the Board vs the Players. It is trying to find ways to take Indian cricket forward from the abysmal pit we are in now.

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth And which of those initiatives will even materialise? This board has been making hollow promises since eternity and we are paying hefty sums to them for doing nothing. Why would you not question that? Just read the last article that I posted and then answer to me honestly which of these initiatives will give us better players?

And which of those initiatives will even materialise? This board has been making hollow promises since eternity and we are paying hefty sums to them for doing nothing. Why would you not question that? Just read the last article that I posted and then answer to me honestly which of these initiatives will give us better players?
I approve of the following: 1. No ads 15 days before start of a series 2. Limiting number of players/sponsor (although 2 seems too less) 3. Performance based pay 4. Equal match fee for "seniors" and "juniors" 5. Non-zonal paid selectors 6. No "performance" based contracts with sponsors which even "remotely" could suggest that they could be in conflict with team interests by putting individual over the team. I disapprove of the following: 1. Limiting number of sponsors/player 2. Wholesale changes in the team like the mandate to drop 7 seniors in one shot. Would prefer a less extreme approach, but if this is the only way to get some fresh blood in, I am ok. I might have missed some items here. But overall, even though some of these measures seem extreme and not practical to even implement, for most part I am glad something is being done cause I do really feel that we are in deep s.hyte. And before we blame the BCCI for everything, let's not forget that they are not the ones who choked against bangladesh and sri lanka. Just like the players get all the accoloades when we do well, they are ones who need to be held accountable here. And remember, we are not just talking world cup. We have had numerous choke jobs by this group and it absolutely needs to be broken up one way or the other.

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth Oh Yoda, You think these player centric moves will take us forward? And just forget about scrapping the zonal selection!! They might start paying just to make them happier, not to make them professional or accountable!!! Hollow promises is the synonym of BCCI-----these are only meant to hurt the players and they believe we'll improve in the performance???? What a joke!!!!

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth Chandan, the reality is both our players & BCCI are crooks. U wanna believe our players are saints & BCCI is a bunch of thugs -- the reality is far from it. Our players have been getting away with their sloppy attitude for a long time. I welcome BCCI's recent move to come down hard on them. After a long time, I feel that the BCCI has done some things right. Dont use their history to judge everything they have done recently.

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth The Wcup fas definitely the final nail in the coffin...I was reading somewhere that prior to the Wcup we were the LAST team based on 15 ODI's just before the cup.BCCI has taken some good harsh decisons and most of them were a long time coming considering the downward spiral of this team.

Chandan, the reality is both our players & BCCI are crooks. U wanna believe our players are saints & BCCI is a bunch of thugs -- the reality is far from it. Our players have been getting away with their sloppy attitude for a long time. I welcome BCCI's recent move to come down hard on them. After a long time, I feel that the BCCI has done some things right. Dont use their history to judge everything they have done recently.
Bumper, I never said that the players are saints. But when it'll come to supporting one of BCCI and the players, I'll go for the latter. Why? Because players have worked hard for cricket, played cricket even in 45 degree of heat and just 2 degree in cold, stayed away from their family for a long long time. In fact till now they've dedicated their lives to the game. What has BCCI done for cricket apart from squeezing money from the cricket fans and gulping it down completely? Both of us are here and we'll see how many of these measures are implemented and how much our cricket progresses.. I just request you to read the article that I posted on the previous page of this very thread " Board is above everything...." and answer the questions raised there, if you think BCCI's steps are in right direction?

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth So you mean to say that SA is not dedicated and hard-working either, despite being the no. 1 team in the world? And Australia were not hard working and dedicated too when they had lost to BD in 2005 at Cardiff????

So you mean to say that SA is not dedicated and hard-working either' date=' despite being the no. 1 team in the world? And Australia were not hard working and dedicated too when they had lost to BD in 2005 at Cardiff????[/quote'] well u see, losing one off is not a big thing.. it comes to the very best team occasionally.. cuz noone is perfect.. but we shud try to do is to become close to tht perfect.. this is wat every team tries to achieve... but when ur winning is not consistent, and when u even loose to minnows, only then the qn arises..... and pls dont compare Ind with SA/AUS, I think they r a league ahead of us, the way they play their cricket will telll ya.. if Ind had worked hard, applied themselves on the field and been committed and dedicated, i dont think we wud have lost to BD and SL tamely.....I think its time we hafa reality check on our team.. we may win one off matches against AUS/SA but to win consistenly against/like them it will take some ages for us to get there... in this world everybody goes for the money and theres no big fuss in BCCI and the players going after themm.. both r crooks.. y support one over the other?? seems like u wanna suppport a pickpacketers over the corrupt ministers jus cuz they r working hard on the streets... i wud say both shud b crucified if they r guilty..... i think only when the players stop worrying abt making money thru contracts/deals/advts, they will start playing good committed cricket... u cant be greedy when u wanna play for ur country cuz the goal is primarily to represent ur country and get aname for her and for urself... if ur primary aim is to make money by playing cricket, then the cause is lost.. but unfortunately thts the case prevailing now.. lets see how many senior players wud want to play if they are banned frm signing deals....I dont think SRT will come out n play for he has too many stakes to loose.. sh,iteee my respect for him is exponentially degrading.... he mite have been the best batsman india has ever produced... but Its sad dont think i will like r respect him anymore...but will cherish the good times he had given b4..

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth Former Indian Selection Panel Chief Raj Singh Dungarpur Seeks Time To Reply To Krishnamachari Srikkanth's Allegations Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Tue, 2007-04-10 19:18. Unperturbed by former India captain Krishnamachari Srikkanth's allegations that he had targeted the senior cricketers before Indo-Pak series in 1989, former selection panel chief Raj Singh Dungarpur said he would soon issue a statement to clear the air. "He's given me an easy catch," Dungapur told reporters from Pune, hinting he had the answer to silence Srikkanth and said he would give a detailed statement after gathering facts. "Sooner or later I will clarify the happenings. I have got all the facts and will issue a statement after putting them together," Dungarpur, also a former BCCI chief, said. Earlier, commenting on BCCI's recent scrapping of the graded payment to players, Srikkanth recalled a similar row in 1989 when most of the senior players, demanding graded payment, had threatened to boycott the Pakistan tour. According to Srikkanth, Dungarpur, then the chief selector, promised him a new team and the board's backing provided he dumped his senior teammates. Srikkanth said he did not bow to the pressure and paid heavily as he was not only stripped of captaincy but also dropped from the squad soon after returning from Pakistan, managing a creditable draw there. Srikkanth admitted he did not score enough in that tour but felt the episode marked the beginning of the end of his career. http://www.cricketworldcuplatest.com/news/former-indian-selection-panel-chief-raj-singh-dung-111400.html :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never said that the players are saints. But when it'll come to supporting one of BCCI and the players, I'll go for the latter. Why? Because players have worked hard for cricket, played cricket even in 45 degree of heat and just 2 degree in cold, stayed away from their family for a long long time. In fact till now they've dedicated their lives to the game.
it doesnt seem like tht... btw, how can u still have a soft corner for these poosies after the humiliation they have subjected us through..... have u forgotten, Ganguly's stone defences against BD asif he was facing marshall? how bout Yuvi's yawns when BD was closing in on the total and munaf was trotting in and bowling at 120 kph, when he could have given it his everything for atleast one over..... i have played enuf cricket to know, how ur game changes when ur back is against the wall and u r desperate... i didnt see even a glimpse of tht..... i am an indian cricket fan and not a fan of indian cricket players... hence, i dont have to be grateful for these millionaires doing their work in 45 degree heat.....

Former Indian Selection Panel Chief Raj Singh Dungarpur Seeks Time To Reply To Krishnamachari Srikkanth's Allegations Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Tue, 2007-04-10 19:18. Unperturbed by former India captain Krishnamachari Srikkanth's allegations that he had targeted the senior cricketers before Indo-Pak series in 1989, former selection panel chief Raj Singh Dungarpur said he would soon issue a statement to clear the air. "He's given me an easy catch," Dungapur told reporters from Pune, hinting he had the answer to silence Srikkanth and said he would give a detailed statement after gathering facts. "Sooner or later I will clarify the happenings. I have got all the facts and will issue a statement after putting them together," Dungarpur, also a former BCCI chief, said. Earlier, commenting on BCCI's recent scrapping of the graded payment to players, Srikkanth recalled a similar row in 1989 when most of the senior players, demanding graded payment, had threatened to boycott the Pakistan tour. According to Srikkanth, Dungarpur, then the chief selector, promised him a new team and the board's backing provided he dumped his senior teammates. Srikkanth said he did not bow to the pressure and paid heavily as he was not only stripped of captaincy but also dropped from the squad soon after returning from Pakistan, managing a creditable draw there. Srikkanth admitted he did not score enough in that tour but felt the episode marked the beginning of the end of his career. http://www.cricketworldcuplatest.com/news/former-indian-selection-panel-chief-raj-singh-dung-111400.html :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
if thts so easy, y this old lame facker is taking time to replyyyy.???
Guest dada_rocks

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth ther sud be clause saying no career politician can fight bci elections.. everything else will fall in place

I never said that the players are saints. But when it'll come to supporting one of BCCI and the players, I'll go for the latter. Why? Because players have worked hard for cricket, played cricket even in 45 degree of heat and just 2 degree in cold, stayed away from their family for a long long time. In fact till now they've dedicated their lives to the game.
it doesnt seem like tht... btw, how can u still have a soft corner for these poosies after the humiliation they have subjected us through..... have u forgotten, Ganguly's stone defences against BD asif he was facing marshall? how bout Yuvi's yawns when BD was closing in on the total and munaf was trotting in and bowling at 120 kph, when he could have given it his everything for atleast one over..... i have played enuf cricket to know, how ur game changes when ur back is against the wall and u r desperate... i didnt see even a glimpse of tht..... i am an indian cricket fan and not a fan of indian cricket players... hence, i dont have to be grateful for these millionaires doing their work in 45 degree heat.....
If those were the instances, why not target the players who are at fault and why vilify all of them under a blanket plan? I'm opposing BCCI because I know that none of these steps will take Indian cricket forward unless the chronic problems are addressed. And BCCI is just trying to clip the wings of the players so that they can say a word against them. I'm opposed to this.

If those were the instances, why not target the players who are at fault and why vilify all of them under a blanket plan?
i feel, the right people are being targetted.... if anything, i feel sorry for Dravid for him being affected, inspite of being the only contributing senior.... who are the ones u think are being wrongly targetted, apart from Dravid... it doesnt make any difference to the juniors.... all the other seniors are being hit hard, deservedly so... and i dont mind an innocent casualty like Dravid...

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth Seniors are hit hard?? How? I don't think Sachin, Saurav and Rahul can play for more than 4-5 years. And most of their contracts lasts till then. Read the thread "Sachin most hit..." and you'll know. It is the juniors and the upcoming players who are going to suffer the most from this cap on endorsement step. It seems that you don't like to think ahead. It is BCCI which is axing its own leg. Already the sponsors are peeved at the loss they had to incur. Now BCCI is threatening to snatch their brand ambassadors too, which means further loss. Indian public is already very fickle minded and a few losses will make them turn their back to cricket. What will BCCI do then? Public is not interested in cricket because of BCCI but they want to watch the players. If you think that there is so much interest in cricket, why nobody turns out to watch the domestic cricket? Why do people watch even domestic cricket when the star players participate? So in India, it is players who make BCCI not the other way round. And once the interest will wane, cricket will go the hockey way and I think that time will come very soon.

Re: BCCI is using the same divide-and-rule policy : K. Srikkanth i have not done as much research as u, but dont u think, lot of youngsters are falling by the wayside due to too much money and endorsements too early in their career.... in the last 5 yrs, how many youngsters have really come through... but how many made money... it will be ridiculously disproportionate.... a youngster like raina, who has barely contributed anything is raking in crores already... let me ask u a simple question..... i dont know ur field, lets say u r an engineer.... while u were studing and were in ur freshman year, say, someone offers u a million dollars, do u think, it will be easy for u to go bak and work hard for ur exams and prepare diligently and attend all the classes... HEL NO.... many will fall aside... nowadays, all u need is good looks, some attitude and a decent year in ranji or A team tour... u will get get 4 endorsements and lo, ur first million is made.... then ur performance goes down, then u r given 10 more chances cos u showed promise and u r out of the radar and u can go bak to ur life with ur lottery....