Stand Up For The Champion.. The Best Ever Roger Federer

Cricketics

I still think Sampras would have beaten him 7 out of 10 times on Grass
Id agree- especially on the grass of Sampras era not the slow cr@p they play on today. I still think Samp was better due to the players he had to beat to win his slams- better than the likes of A Rod, Gonzalez etc who Fed has beaten... In short Fed needs to beat Nadal in a GS final

a 19 year Fed beat Sampras when he was still winning grand slams in wimbledon and Fed was not the complete player then as he is now-his serve was nowhere as good(he dropped 50 aces on Roddick yesterday).Fed will always have a edge over Sampras imo.

>a 19 year Fed beat Sampras when he was still winning grand slams in wimbledon and Fed was not the complete player then as he is now-his serve was nowhere as good(he dropped 50 aces on Roddick yesterday).Fed will always have a edge over Sampras imo. like when?? Sampras was already in twilight of his career. As I said Sampras would have beaten him on Grass 7 out of 10 times. Even great Boris Becker could not beat Sampras.

a 19 year Fed beat Sampras when he was still winning grand slams in wimbledon and Fed was not the complete player then as he is now-his serve was nowhere as good(he dropped 50 aces on Roddick yesterday).Fed will always have a edge over Sampras imo.
Sampras vs Fed will be one for the ages, don't think anyone can write off a 14 grand slam winner on the basis of one match result. Pete sampras had the serve, forehand, backhand, volleys, you name it. Sampras owned the ground stroker of his era, namely Agassi, in slams. Fed is struggling against Nadal. So, I wouldn't write Sampras off so easily if we are talking Fed vs Sampras.

>a 19 year Fed beat Sampras when he was still winning grand slams in wimbledon and Fed was not the complete player then as he is now-his serve was nowhere as good(he dropped 50 aces on Roddick yesterday).Fed will always have a edge over Sampras imo. like when?? Sampras was already in twilight of his career. As I said Sampras would have beaten him on Grass 7 out of 10 times. Even great Boris Becker could not beat Sampras.
Aah........those frustrating days. I was a big Becker fan back then but Sampras used to always beat him.:((

But Andy should have won :((
It's really sad for Andy to have lost to Roger for the 3rd time in a Wimbledon final. I'm a big fan of Roger and I stressed through the whole match. There was more than 1 instant where I thought that this would be where Andy wins! I think this was Andy's chance. The way they played both of them deserved the win, but unfortunately it can't be like that. IMO it was one of the best matches I had ever seen.