Where will Yuvi end up??

He has won many many games for us singlehandedly. he is 5th highest run getters in ODI for india after SRT, Ganguly, Dravid, Azhar Will he end up second best beating Ganguly in terms of runs and value Right my Top 3 ODI batsman for India 1) SRT 2) Ganguly 3) Azhar Does he have in him to be 2nd best ever ?? yes Can he become? Time will tell

as there are too many commentators and he is good at bangra dancing so he will end up as cheer leaders in t20 matches lol errm seriously i think he is indias best batsman now, considering tendulkar is not in team, and also in great form so if he can carry him in top ten spots in rankings then i think he will certainly end up in top three

Guest Hiten.

Without a doubt he is India's best ODI batsman when SRT is not around. He has been consistently delivering for India in ODI's. People do not respect him as much because he has not been able to transpire his abilities in test arena but to me he deserves respect for being India's match winner in the recent times. World Cup in India is an advantage to us, because of the fact that ball won't be doing too much and there won't be bouncier wickets, it means Yuvraj will be the most dangerous batsman going into the WC and our hopes will rest on his shoulders (of course SRT will share the burden of our hopes alongwith Yuvi).

He has to go long way to be callled better than Ganguly and Azhar. He has matured as ODI batsman and has now started to score hundreds. The good thing is that he did not get captaincy, else he would have been struggling. Also he needs to be fit. Right now he does not look fit to me.

In my view he is already 2nd best. Some of the shots he plays off seamers with non-chalance are unbelievable. When it comes to chasing runs he is probably one of the best India ever had. As Dravid once said in one dayers later order batting is much more difficult.
Agreed, that some of his shots are just awesome - 'how-the-hell-did-he-do-that!' category. I'd like him to be tad bit more consistent with the bat, before saying he's best. There's also the aspect of helping team members, that I'd like to count.

He's been really great in ODIs for quite some time, but he's still not close to SCG yet. And as far as upstaging SRT, it'll be take another decade at the same rate imo. But UV rocks :yay: and I'll go all out and say he'll end up being a great test batsman too. I think he's been maturing very nicely for some time and I hope he plays along side SRT and RSD for few more years. He'll be the one among the current bunch to successfully carry the future burden of the team in all formats.

he is much better than azhar was. in last 4 years since 2005- 119 matches 4322 runs,average of 45.97 and he will only get better from now
well in that case, if he gets better or even maintains that average (at his strike rate), he may equal sachin. but sachin did it for a LONG career.
the thing i like most about Yuvi is his ability of sticking around when he looks so scratchy in the beginning of an innings.it tells me that he has accepted his responsibility as a senior player and knows his role in the team very well.
And that now makes me believe that he will do well in tests as well. His only problem (IMO) in tests is lack of patience and concentration. He had an invaluable lesson playing against England along with SRT winning the test for India. The bowlers were bowling well and the fielders (especially Freddie) were sledging left right and center. SRT kept talking to Yuvi and never allowed him to lose concentration. If he remembers that lesson, he will do wonders in test cricket as well. We will have a Sehwag and a Yuvraj destroying the hell out of all bowlers in tests.

Career wise in ODI's i would rate him 4th after Sachin, Ganguly and Dravid (in that order). There really isn't any competition in that spot except Azhar. Jadeja, Robin Singh and Sehwag are the only notable indian ODI batsmen and none of them are/were consistent for an extended period.