Lara retires from odis

Re: Lara retires from odis

How can you say his record in the last year in odi's has been very good, he difenatley should retire. He hasnt go a hundred against a major team, in a winning cause for god knows how long
He got a hundred against the windies recently. :huh:
Just look at West Indies, they are a useless team, by a major team I mean, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka, what did he do in the tour against South Africa, he couldnt even score a hundred against Sri Lanka without VAAS and MURALI.
I think parth u r overreacting... how can u expect a person who bats in the middle order to score a century in 3 matches they played against SL.. when is the last time we played an ODI against NZ.. I agree he is not in the dream form he used to be.... in tht way hes not playing welll for his own standards.. but when u compare him with the other indian batters, he will surely fall in top3.. check ur mental balance parth.... n dont come out with half baked stmts..

Pull the stats up for last year and lets see Parth!
it says he has only played 1 ODI in cricinfo
:hic: maybe this is why you think he should retire. As you are clearly misinformed and misguided. :lol:
He still should retire, trust me, apparentley me and you have the same IP Address according to Dhondy

He still should retire, trust me, apparentley me and you have the same IP Address according to Dhondy
Same IP adress :huh: Is he tring to suggest we are the same person. If so the doc has lost it :hic:
I mean a close ip address

Same IP adress :huh: Is he tring to suggest we are the same person. If so the doc has lost it :hic:
Whats your point?? Also why should I trust you that sachin should retire? I would rather trust the great Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar in this!

Re: Lara retires from odis Tendulkar like Lara and McGrath and Warne should retire, he is holding a place for youngsters to come. He is never going to be dropped becuase of his reputation and so he should retire, I reckon he is only playing for the money, That press conferece where he said it hurts when the coach questions your attitude was ridiculous, how can you say they had a good attitude when sachin himselft, Ganguly, Sehwag and Yuvrag all asked for batting practice against Bangladesh so they told Dravid to bat first and if you don't belive this is true then go onto cricinfo.com

Re: Lara retires from odis Excatly what evidence do you have that sachin asked to bat first against bangla for batting practice? So cos cricinfo says something you believe it. Playing for money :hic: He is loaded, he plays for pride. You dont have the great carrer he has had unless you play for the love of the game

DSR just go beat some sense into the kid :hic: :hic:

Played vital role in the only win and 2nd highest run getter for the team in the last series.
Played a vital role against Bermuda, your joking, vital, i think 60 odd runs less would have still won us the match, and if your coming in from the NRR, we didn't need a good NRR, if we beat Sri Lanka. Anyway what a batting performance, a shame it came into a loosing World Cup.

I know the stats are coming' date=' but IIRC, he had 2 horrible series against Pak and Eng[/quote'] No, I am not even bothered. I know the guy sucks in tests and should be dropped ASAP. Of course if he keeps playing forever there will be a series here and another there where he will end up scoring some runs.

Re: Lara retires from odis Indian board has to decide what their objective is - if it is to develop a strong team that compete well for next 5-6 years then we need a nucleus of young players who can replace, Ganguly, Dravid, SRT, etc etc. i.e. players who probably wont last more than 2 years or so. The search for this young talent has to start now. Sachin's skills have deteriorated and in terms of future value to the team he has less to offer while the same spot given to Manoj Tiwary or Rohit sharma might bring more dividends to the Indian team over the long run. If indeed the objective is a strong Indian team for the long run then we need to focus on the future and absolute stats from last year dont matter - the trend of decline in stats does matter and projected forward it indicates Sachin's value is less. Lets cut the crap about respect etc. Sachin has an option he can gracefully retire else he should be dropped - if we need our team to perform well then we should face the tough decisions and not let the sentimental stuff and player bias get in the way. I agree with Parth - SRT should retire. he has contributed immensely to Indian cricket - I acknoeldge that and may be he can become the batting coach and contribute more but on the field his value is limited.

Tendulkar played reasonably well in the SA test series but he deserves to be dropped if he misinformed Dravid and Chappell about the extent of his injury in the 3rd test match. Its this kind of prima donna attitude which needs to be repaired in Indian cricket.
I thought Munaf did something like that

Tendulkar played reasonably well in the SA test series but he deserves to be dropped if he misinformed Dravid and Chappell about the extent of his injury in the 3rd test match. Its this kind of prima donna attitude which needs to be repaired in Indian cricket.
I thought Munaf did something like that
And he should receive the same treatment.

Indian board has to decide what their objective is - if it is to develop a strong team that compete well for next 5-6 years then we need a nucleus of young players who can replace, Ganguly, Dravid, SRT, etc etc. i.e. players who probably wont last more than 2 years or so. The search for this young talent has to start now. Sachin's skills have deteriorated and in terms of future value to the team he has less to offer while the same spot given to Manoj Tiwary or Rohit sharma might bring more dividends to the Indian team over the long run. If indeed the objective is a strong Indian team for the long run then we need to focus on the future and absolute stats from last year dont matter - the trend of decline in stats does matter and projected forward it indicates Sachin's value is less. Lets cut the ***** about respect etc. Sachin has an option he can gracefully retire else he should be dropped - if we need our team to perform well then we should face the tough decisions and not let the sentimental stuff and player bias get in the way. I agree with Parth - SRT should retire. he has contributed immensely to Indian cricket - I acknoeldge that and may be he can become the batting coach and contribute more but on the field his value is limited.
Atleast someone is with me