Will Ian Chappell write Lara should retire???

King

To be honest he really should if he is a fair dinkum that is. Lara didn't win any either and looks like he is hanging around only for glory and numbers. Shouldn't Lara retire as well from all forms of cricket now that he has hit patchy form yet again? I'm not saying Tendulkar should not be under scanner but am just referring to Ian Chappell's comparison with Lara in his column. Lara did absolutely nothing and did not contribute much in any of the games barring one. Shouldn't Athers be saying something about Lara too??? I've seen Tendulkar comes under the scanner more than Lara if he fails. It seems people seem to ignore anyone's bad form other than Tendulkar including myself. :shrug:

Re: Will Ian Chappell write Lara should retire??? No...I don't think so... The situation of West Indies and India are not same...so no need for Chappel to write about Lara. Look West Indies lacks quality batsman much more seriously than India... India still have batsmen in waiting who can score regularly more than Sachin does now-a-days,....most important Sachin has never been a team player...what I mean to say is...Sachin has hardly played and won a match for India....but same is not true for Lara...many times he has batted when WI needed it most. Having said that, Wsit Indies will find it very difficult to get another Captain in place of Lara who can command same respect from players.. Lara is Lara and Sachin is Sachin....I hate people comparing two greats... PS: I am still a fan of Sachin...but...would be great if he can........

Re: Will Ian Chappell write Lara should retire???

No...I don't think so... The situation of West Indies and India are not same...so no need for Chappel to write about Lara. Look West Indies lacks quality batsman much more seriously than India... India still have batsmen in waiting who can score regularly more than Sachin does now-a-days,....most important Sachin has never been a team player...what I mean to say is...Sachin has hardly played and won a match for India....but same is not true for Lara...many times he has batted when WI needed it most. Having said that, Wsit Indies will find it very difficult to get another Captain in place of Lara who can command same respect from players.. Lara is Lara and Sachin is Sachin....I hate people comparing two greats... PS: I am still a fan of Sachin...but...would be great if he can........
I would like to see the list of games that Lara has won for West Indies. You will be surprised he has hardly won any. If you think Tendulkar hasn't won ODIs with his bat you must be joking. Why do you think he has over 40 ODI hundreds??? Relax a bit and recall all those 100s. I'm sure you will recall more match winning 100s by Tendulkar than Lara in both forms. As for current form yes Tendulkar sucks but so did Lara. My question is very simple, why should not Ian Chappell be writing off Lara and call on Lara to retire from all forms of cricket? Why is that he is so keen on writing about Tendulkar but not Lara. Also in particular his comparison to Tendulkar. Lara id ziltch in this tourney, how can you can him the best??? What is that prompted Ian Chappell to write a dramatic column on Tendulkar but when the over hyped Lara is failing in every crunch game there is not a word from Ian Chappell???

Re: Will Ian Chappell write Lara should retire??? Ravi, This is not the first time that Ian has written sachin down. I remember when Lara had hit 400 vs England in one inning, the title to Chappel's column read " Sachin is no Lara". So instead of praising Lara's concentration and fitness, he thought running Sachin down was the best praise for Lara. Wierd!! Because he really comes across as one of the very few sensible commentators!!

Re: Will Ian Chappell write Lara should retire??? Ravi ji I am not saying that brother Ian was not having some "hidden agenda" when he wrote about Tendu.... But fact is that------Jeb Apnaa hee Sonaa Khotaa hai toh doosron ko kyun blame kerun??" I try to remember when did Sachin won a match for India...and all I can recollect is once upon a time in Sharjah Tendu use to hammer Aussies like his school team of Shardashram..... But nothing more than that....recently he has hardly played when India needed badly..... Perhaps I am wrong since our expectations from the world's greatest batsman are bit more..??

Re: Will Ian Chappell write Lara should retire??? As a commentator he does the job well but I've heard from some he is an outright bummer. I won't name names but few players don't hold him with much respect. He seems a very bitter man but he was a good captain in his hey days. A very irresponsible writer though, I wouldn't invite a biased writer like him if I owned a publishing house.

As a commentator he does the job well but I've heard from some he is an outright bummer. I won't name names but few players don't hold him with much respect. He seems a very bitter man but he was a good captain in his hey days. A very irresponsible writer though' date=' I wouldn't invite a biased writer like him if I owned a publishing house.[/quote'] Australians are mostly arrogant and sometimes rude too. So its not surprising that few players do not hold much respect for him. And yes, as a writer, he is getting worse with every article!

Ravi ji I am not saying that brother Ian was not having some "hidden agenda" when he wrote about Tendu.... But fact is that------Jeb Apnaa hee Sonaa Khotaa hai toh doosron ko kyun blame kerun??" I try to remember when did Sachin won a match for India...and all I can recollect is once upon a time in Sharjah Tendu use to hammer Aussies like his school team of Shardashram..... But nothing more than that....recently he has hardly played when India needed badly..... Perhaps I am wrong since our expectations from the world's greatest batsman are bit more..??
I suppose you don't remember any of his performances in the World cups so far??? You don't remember any of his fifties and hundreds against the rest of the countries apart from just Australia. Do you remember his hundreds against Warnie when Australia visited India almost every time? I can cite a lot of instances but I have no time so highlighted ver few obvious ones. Yes I did mention his current form sucks but that doesn't mean he hasn't won anything for India. All I'm asking is this why doesn't Ian Chappell likes to write about Lara? It's not like he is a X Indian player to write about an Indian player ant not about one from West Indies. Ian Chappell is from Australia and if he likes to comment on Tendulkar and not Lara there must be something cooking. In short Ian Chappell is an absolutely biased, irresponsible, one eyed observer that doesn't deserve a writing space.

Re: Will Ian Chappell write Lara should retire??? Lara should and will retire from ODIs. But in tests he's been having an awesome run. In his most recent test series vs Pak, he scored a double ton & another 100 and some near 100s, averaging well over 50+. He's got enuff gas left in him for test cricket. Tendu should do the same. He must retire from ODIs & focus on test cricket only.

No...I don't think so... The situation of West Indies and India are not same...so no need for Chappel to write about Lara. Look West Indies lacks quality batsman much more seriously than India... India still have batsmen in waiting who can score regularly more than Sachin does now-a-days,....most important Sachin has never been a team player...what I mean to say is...Sachin has hardly played and won a match for India....but same is not true for Lara...many times he has batted when WI needed it most. Having said that, Wsit Indies will find it very difficult to get another Captain in place of Lara who can command same respect from players.. Lara is Lara and Sachin is Sachin....I hate people comparing two greats... PS: I am still a fan of Sachin...but...would be great if he can........
dont bring lack of cricket knowledge here plz. Lara a match winner? thats shows how smart u r :wtg: :lmao: