WTF?? Sreesanth suffering from tennis elbow.. :shrug:

Sreesanth suffering from tennis elbow Cricket News / Ashish Shukla PrintCommentMail GRENADA, April 11: Far from the noise and turbulence of Indian cricket in the serenity and natural charms of Grenada, one still is stumbling upon the turmoil which is presently gripping cricket back home. It is now learnt that Indian speedster Sreesanth is suffering from tennis elbow. Tennis elbow is not a new world in cricket lexicon of India as master blaster Sachin Tendulkar was laid low by it for two seasons to the point where it was once feared he might never stage a comeback ever. The common prescription for recovery from tennis elbow is rest though in Tendulkar's case, he even had a surgery performed on his troublesome elbow. Sreesanth is still unclear how he wants to go about attending this latest hiccup in his career. A source close to Sreesanth has suggested that he was suffering from tennis elbow in India's disastrous World Cup campaign. As luck would have it, Sreesanth wasn't picked in any single game of the World Cup. It is learnt that in the coming days, Sreesanth will be examined by board doctor Dr. Anant Joshi along with team physio John Gloster. Sreesanth has received suggested to get himself operated upon but he is not too keen on this course of option. "There are many variants of tennis elbow. The one that he is suffering from may not require surgery," said a source. Since his return from West Indies, Sreesanth has captained Kerala in the interstate Twenty20 tournament but his performance has been average. Sreesanth has had a mixed bag in terms of performance in the last few months. He made a real mark as India's pace spearhead on the difficult tour to South Africa, being instrumental in securing the first-ever Test win for India in the African country. But in One-dayers he has had an indifferent form, primarily because his full-pitched length is meat and drink for batsmen in the limited overs format. Whereas in Tests the similar style gets him catches in the slips, in One-dayers it is dispatched in the far-most corners of the field. Sreesanth had lately made a fine adjustment to the problem by trying to bowl from well within the bowling crease. It remains to be seen if Sreesanth is picked for the tour to Bangladesh. His absence though could open avenues for some other young talent in the country. :shrug:

Re: WTF?? Sreesanth suffering from tennis elbow.. :shrug: he was always a candidate for tennis elbow... i have observed him fire throws from the deep and he uses the overhead variety..... many people use the side-arm type throw from the deep.... it places less stress on the elbow.... Sachin also used to throw over-head from the deep... but in his case, it might be the bat, i am not sure....

Re: WTF?? Sreesanth suffering from tennis elbow.. :shrug:

he was always a candidate for tennis elbow... i have observed him fire throws from the deep and he uses the overhead variety..... many people use the side-arm type throw from the deep.... it places less stress on the elbow.... Sachin also used to throw over-head from the deep... but in his case' date=' it might be the bat, i am not sure....[/quote'] nope, Sachin's tennis elbow was in his left arm, not his throwing arm.

Must be contagious.
You'd be surprised, Gambo. There was an "epidemic" of repetitive strain injury, including tennis elbow, in Australia around a quarter of a century ago, when it was an occupationally compensable illness. Everybody at work developed it. Those who didn't, pined for it. If there is a motive for gain, funny how these things spread. Not in Sree's case of course.

Not in Sree's case of course.
:lmao: :lmao: I remember the last person to be afflicted by it!! Its amazing how in so many years of following cricket I had never heard of anyone having the tennis elbow and since Tendulkar its become a fad.