Best Shot in WC so far

kabira

Re: Best Shot in WC so far

Take your pick. My money on that reverse sweep by Nixon..one handed and it went over the boundary..and what more it was against Murli.
Amazing shot that, my pick was that one too. Not only is it hard to hit a perfect reverse sweep but to hit it for a six against the best in the world makes it that much more special.

Re: Best Shot in WC so far Oh come on. Hands down no question 1. Tamim Iqbal's six off of Zaheer Khan, after he got hit on the head by a bouncer. I remember thinking good, this kid will be scared now, yeah right! It was simply imperious the way he came out to attack Zak, Zak pulls it in short and just gets clobbered over midwicket I mean that had Viv Richards all over it. 2. The second best was clearly that Nixon reverse-sweep for six, how in gods name did he generate enough power to clear the boundary I will never know. That was incredible. The fact that it came off of Murali is all the better. 3. Those scoop shots for 4 by Ashraful against the Saffies, it was just funny the way he continued simply angling his bat and hitting boundary after boundary in that region.

Re: Best Shot in WC so far Ind Vs BD - 48.3 Patel to Mushfiqur Rahim, 1 run, and that's that! Rahim drives elegantly through covers to seal the victory, it's been as emphatic as you could have imagined! Pak Vs Ire - 41.4 Azhar Mahmood to Johnston, SIX, Johnston swings and clubs the ball out of the ground over long-on. The Irish players pour onto the field while the Pakistan players, after congratulating their conquerers, head for the dressing-room.

Take your pick. My money on that reverse sweep by Nixon..one handed and it went over the boundary..and what more it was against Murli.
You should see the reverse sweep played by Pieterson against Murali, went further.

Oh come on. Hands down no question 1. Tamim Iqbal's six off of Zaheer Khan, after he got hit on the head by a bouncer. I remember thinking good, this kid will be scared now, yeah right! It was simply imperious the way he came out to attack Zak, Zak pulls it in short and just gets clobbered over midwicket I mean that had Viv Richards all over it. 2. The second best was clearly that Nixon reverse-sweep for six, how in gods name did he generate enough power to clear the boundary I will never know. That was incredible. The fact that it came off of Murali is all the better. 3. Those scoop shots for 4 by Ashraful against the Saffies, it was just funny the way he continued simply angling his bat and hitting boundary after boundary in that region.
I have to agree, some great shots.