India's New Bowling Coach Venkatesh Prasad Says ............

India's New Bowling Coach Venkatesh Prasad Says Rahul Dravid's 'Men In Blue' Will Soon Be Back To Their Winning Ways http://www.cricketworldcuplatest.com/news/indias-new-bowling-coach-venkatesh-prasad-says-rah-111423.html Rahul Dravid's men may have a dissapointing outing at the World Cup but India's newly-appointed bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad does not consider it a 'crisis situation' and believes the squad is resilient enough to overcome the setback. "Well, I really don't see the current situation as a crisis. I feel if someone is mentioning about the World Cup, it's just one game against Bangladesh that we lost which could have happened to anybody." "I would not really read too much out of that because we have done fantastic things in the past," Prasad said in an interview. He said India had quality players in the ranks with enough potential and and experience and they would soon be back to their winning ways. "With due credit to Bangladesh, I would say why India cannot do it again if they have done it in the past? The amount of talent and potential we are having is abundant. They all can deliver the goods. The experience and exposure of our players should not be forgotten. The team is too good," he said. The former paceman also revealed that Indian captain Rahul Dravid had spoken to him a couple of days before the official announcement was made, informing he was going to suggest his name for the bowling coach's job. Asked how he planned to approach the job, Prasad said, "I've got to speak to the players and get to know their view points and ideas and carry on from there. I'm just waiting to meet the bowlers I will be working with," said Prasad, adding he, however, was not sure whether he would be assisting the spinners too. "Well I'm not really sure about that. I'm just waiting for them (Board) to define my role. Probably in 3-4 days time, Rahul, myself and the others will be sitting down chalking out strategies. I'm just waiting for the team selections to finish". Prasad said his new responsibility was a great thing to happen, for he always wanted to be involved with the game and give back whatever he has learnt. It was also great challenge for him, he admitted. "I'm looking forward to it which no doubt is a great challenge. I would like to do the job to the best of my ability, having done the coaching courses not just in India but abroad as well." Prasad was with the England and Wales Cricket Board for a Level-III coaching course after doing a similar course in India. He coached the Under-19 team, was bowling coach with the National Cricket Academy for the last 3-4 years and also guided the Karnataka state team. "With experience of having played so much Test and one-day cricket, I feel I can share quite a few things with the players," said Prasad, who retired in 2001.

Re: India's New Bowling Coach Venkatesh Prasad Says ............ waah what an answer Coach is different from Bowling coach If you are hiring someone as bowling coach then he should be excellent in that area would you hire a zero fitness guy as a fielding coach? :hic:

Re: India's New Bowling Coach Venkatesh Prasad Says ............ tell me, wat has waqar done to paaki's bowling.... how great a player was troy cooley, who is hailed as the best bowling coach in the world? the professor who teaches doesnt invent rockets, but makes one equipped to invent....

Re: India's New Bowling Coach Venkatesh Prasad Says ............

tell me, wat has waqar done to paaki's bowling.... how great a player was troy cooley, who is hailed as the best bowling coach in the world?
Actually, I think Waqar did a god job in England with the limited resources he had considering it was his first and last series before the beard brigade brought in Mushtaq Ahmed to coach phaasht bowlers. Not saying there is a correlation, but to my mind Waqar did a good job in his short stint.

waah what an answer Coach is different from Bowling coach If you are hiring someone as bowling coach then he should be excellent in that area would you hire a zero fitness guy as a fielding coach? :hic:
Prasad was with the England and Wales Cricket Board for a Level-III coaching course after doing a similar course in India. He coached the Under-19 team, was bowling coach with the National Cricket Academy for the last 3-4 years and also guided the Karnataka state team. ----- At least he has the credentials

tell me, wat has waqar done to paaki's bowling.... how great a player was troy cooley, who is hailed as the best bowling coach in the world?
Actually, I think Waqar did a god job in England with the limited resources he had considering it was his first and last series before the beard brigade brought in Mushtaq Ahmed to coach phaasht bowlers. Not saying there is a correlation, but to my mind Waqar did a good job in his short stint.
anyone with good cricket knowledge will tell u, a coach can do jack in one series....

anyone with good cricket knowledge will tell u, a coach can do jack in one series....
So why did you imply he was a failure with Pakistan? But I disagree, even in one series a coach can help give some useful pointers. Reid's influence in the '03-'04 Aussie series is appreciated by most.

So why did you imply he was a failure with Pakistan? But I disagree, even in one series a coach can help give some useful pointers. Reid's influence in the '03-'04 Aussie series is appreciated by most.
based on my expertise and observation....

based on my expertise and observation....
Ummm......okay. :lol:

How can you compare Level 3 with Indian team standards? He had pathetic fitness for a fast bowler Good jobs BCCI babus Again you started the downfall
Do you even know what Level 3 coaching is ?

Re: India's New Bowling Coach Venkatesh Prasad Says ............ here is an analogy.... wen i was young - around 10 yrs old, i used to learn gymnastics... the coach was an old bent man.... he was one of the most amazing guys... a feat like a somersault, which requires terrific coordination and confidence.... he got every single one of us to tht stage within a year... nothing to do with his ability to perform, but his ability to get us to perform.... gave us the confidence tht we aint gonna land on our head.... taught us the logical way to get there..... for all u know, he might have sucked in his prime... he might not have any athletic coordination in his body.... but he definitely knew wat was required... similarly, Prasad may have many short-comings as a bowler, but it is not logical to presume, those short-comings will be passed onto other bowlers....

I really dont understand why he was made a bowling coach he is not even a medium pacer and he will give tips to our fast bowlers how ironic
Well Kapil tried his hand at coaching and failed....on the contrary for some odd reason big players rarely make good coaches.