Ganguly needs to retire

Re: Ganguly needs to retire Ganguly should be selected for Tests. He played well in difficult conditions in SA last December. Especially , his unbeaten half century paved way for our victory in the first test. He should be dropped from ODI for good. He is no better than Laxman in ODI. Both Sheet Anchors, slow movers with weak arm.

Re: Ganguly needs to retire

why should we drop anyone ? so what they cant score or if they score its at a slow rate which doesnt help the team' date=' they have a glorious past and some players tend to peak at 40+. Ganguly for captain - sachin for vice captain and return of kapil dev and sunny with wright as coach for me.[/quote'] You can't keep players for their reputation or the past performances. You want fresh legs in the team now, we should keep Ganguly as he is our only batsmen that's in any kind of form.
how old are you ??

why should we drop anyone ? so what they cant score or if they score its at a slow rate which doesnt help the team' date=' they have a glorious past and some players tend to peak at 40+. Ganguly for captain - sachin for vice captain and return of kapil dev and sunny with wright as coach for me.[/quote'] Are you f*cking kidding me ?!!?!??! Name me ONE PLAYER, JUST ONE PLAYER who peaked at the age of 40. The seniors need to go, ASAP. Ganguly is the only one who i would retain temporarily (along with Dravid) since he has shown a bit of fight and can still score runs. He was a pleasure to watch in SA; scoring freely against a strong bowling attack at a faster pace than any other Indian batsman. In ODI's he has been India's best in recent times; from the series vs WI 'til the World Cup. Dropping a player like him while allowing useless turds like Sehwag and Tendulkar to fester in the Indian XI would be a retarded move.

oh boy.. today is the day when i ask everyone how old they are .. So Predator_05 how old are ?
Speaking about ages, Tendulkar and Ganguly are the same age, and if one of them were to be dropped it would have to be Tendulkar becuase he started his career at the age of 16.

Re: Ganguly needs to retire The thing is all of you people who are in favour of Tendulkar staying are stupid, you cannot keep a batsmen becuase of his reputation. You cannot be biest and choose the players you want to keep becuase they are respected too much. In cricket there can't be favourites, for example, M.Kaif was dropped from the team just when he was in form. And now after an injury he has never been the same. Another example, Harbhanjan was played match after match without having much affect, when you have a world class spinner, Anil Kumble, give him a fare go would you, they played him against Bermuda and that's it. And the only reason we lost against Australia in the 2003 World Cup was because Kumble wasn't playing, Aussies can't plat Kumble but they can slaughter Harbhanjan which they did and we all no the score in the first innings Australia made in the final. This is the fate of the BCCI, a corrupt board that will never play the players that should and we will never win a major series at this rate unless the BCCI get refurbhished and select a complete new managment, and they have to keep a coach which could have won us the World Cup if the selectors choose the right team. I don't know if the BCCI will ever change because at this rate we will never become a good International Side.

Re: Ganguly needs to retire Ganguly & SRT should retire from ODIs & focus on Test cricket. But both wont retire from either forms. Their sponsors would want them play both forms of the game & twirl their bat as often as possible (with the sponsor logo on it), to get max TV exposure. Unfortunately SRT doesnt get as much chance to lift his bat these days. Imagine SRT lifting his bat to ack the crowd walking away from the crowd after scoring a golden duck :hic:

Ganguly & SRT should retire from ODIs & focus on Test cricket. But both wont retire from either forms. Their sponsors would want them play both forms of the game & twirl their bat as often as possible (with the sponsor logo on it)' date=' to get max TV exposure. Unfortunately SRT doesnt get as much chance to lift his bat these days. Imagine SRT lifting his bat to ack the crowd walking away from the crowd after scoring a golden duck :hic:[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

why should we drop anyone ? so what they cant score or if they score its at a slow rate which doesnt help the team' date=' they have a glorious past and some players tend to peak at 40+. Ganguly for captain - sachin for vice captain and return of kapil dev and sunny with wright as coach for me.[/quote'] Are you f*cking kidding me ?!!?!??! Name me ONE PLAYER, JUST ONE PLAYER who peaked at the age of 40. The seniors need to go, ASAP. Ganguly is the only one who i would retain temporarily (along with Dravid) since he has shown a bit of fight and can still score runs. He was a pleasure to watch in SA; scoring freely against a strong bowling attack at a faster pace than any other Indian batsman. In ODI's he has been India's best in recent times; from the series vs WI 'til the World Cup. Dropping a player like him while allowing useless turds like Sehwag and Tendulkar to fester in the Indian XI would be a retarded move.
Predez i presume that was one of jf1gp_1's sarcastic baits.

Ganguly & SRT should retire from ODIs & focus on Test cricket. But both wont retire from either forms. Their sponsors would want them play both forms of the game & twirl their bat as often as possible (with the sponsor logo on it)' date=' to get max TV exposure. Unfortunately SRT doesnt get as much chance to lift his bat these days. Imagine SRT lifting his bat to ack the crowd walking away from the crowd after scoring a golden duck :hic:[/quote'] That's exactley what I have been saying, Tendulkar is only playing for the money.