Ganguly needs to retire

Re: Ganguly needs to retire I'm not so sure considering he has been one of the better batsmen for India recently. I think he can still play couple of years and we all know the bench strength of the Indian batters. I think he should call it a day in ODIs but should concentrate on test cricket to prolong his career for couple of years or three. He still is a good catcher and can field in slips. The level of fielding and fitness that is required in test cricket is far less.

Re: Ganguly needs to retire

Flopped and is the oldest. Terrible fielder and runner btwn wickets. He needs to go right now!
Ganguly has been one of our best batsmen since he came back into the team, you play batsmen and bowlers if they are performing, Ganguly jas been performing. Tendulkar should be dropped he hasn't performed in ODI's for a long time, scoring against West Indies is nothing, scoring against Sri Lanka without Vaas and Murali is nothng, and he still didn't score any runs anyway. He couldn't do anything against South Africa in both forms, so he should retire from ODI's

Re: Ganguly needs to retire You can't drop Ganguly for his age, him and Tendulkar are the same age, and Ganguly has not been playing as long as Tendulkare has, on the basis of his fielding, I think he has improved drastically since when he was dropped. If anyone should retire it should be Tendulkar.

Probably hasnt seen what SRT is capable of :duh:
What is he capable of and when, the World Cup came and went with him doing nothing, only scoring a fifty against Bermuda, he couldn't even get runs agianst Bangladesh. He can't pick and choose which days he is going to bat well, and what is he waiting for, the World Cup, the biggest event in the cricket world and he doens't get anything.

What is he capable of and when, the World Cup came and went with him doing nothing, only scoring a fifty against Bermuda, he couldn't even get runs agianst Bangladesh. He can't pick and choose which days he is going to bat well, and what is he waiting for, the World Cup, the biggest event in the cricket world and he doens't get anything.
im sick n tired of this.. get a break parth.. leave tht poor guy alone for sometime.... :hic:

im sick n tired of this.. get a break parth.. leave tht poor guy alone for sometime.... :hic:
Poor guy, if he isn't going to perform and if he is only going to be in the team for his reputation then it makes a mockery of the BCCI.

Re: Ganguly needs to retire Why I always feel that Saurav would have been a better captain Though his batting is flawed and fielding pathetic.....he has that aggressive instinct required in a captain. Perhaps Dravid needs to borrow some agression and killer instinct from Dada...sometimes Dravid looks too soft and "gentleman" like. :hic:

yes drop GANGULY he sucks' date=' terrible fielder, terrible bowler, overall terrible player. SACK HIM i say. I know u want ganguly out too parth, or u a bengali?[/quote'] I am in favour of Players who have performed in the recent past. And no i'm not Bengali

Re: Ganguly needs to retire why should we drop anyone ? so what they cant score or if they score its at a slow rate which doesnt help the team, they have a glorious past and some players tend to peak at 40+. Ganguly for captain - sachin for vice captain and return of kapil dev and sunny with wright as coach for me.

why should we drop anyone ? so what they cant score or if they score its at a slow rate which doesnt help the team' date=' they have a glorious past and some players tend to peak at 40+. Ganguly for captain - sachin for vice captain and return of kapil dev and sunny with wright as coach for me.[/quote'] You can't keep players for their reputation or the past performances. You want fresh legs in the team now, we should keep Ganguly as he is our only batsmen that's in any kind of form.

why should we drop anyone ? so what they cant score or if they score its at a slow rate which doesnt help the team' date=' they have a glorious past and some players tend to peak at 40+. Ganguly for captain - sachin for vice captain and return of kapil dev and sunny with wright as coach for me.[/quote'] You can't keep players for their reputation or the past performances. You want fresh legs in the team now, we should keep Ganguly as he is our only batsmen that's in any kind of form.
how old are you ??