The Never Ending Thread

Ram

OMG, LOL and FYI have been added to the Oxford Dictionary as official words! But they were used way before our generation. OMG (Oh my God) was first used in a letter written in 1917, LOL (Laugh Out Loud) stood for ‘Little Old Lady’ in 1960 and FYI (For Your Information) was first used in business vocabulary in 1941! All the English literature professors must be thinking WTF?!
:giggle:

:woot: Did you get that from the whirlpool forum? About the thread on how Engineer title is misused? Im a regular there :cool:
Yep, brilliant forum that. Check this gem out:
I am 18 Years old, I have no qualifications, completely unskilled, my last education was 2010 NSW HSC. The Mining industry is of great interest to me, I am interested in a dumptruck/operator traineeship but these are scarce. I would love the opportunity to work long hours and have meals,flights and accomodation caterd for. I want to know where I can get a FIFO(Fly in Fly Out) job as an unskilled labourer or any other unskilled high paying positions available. These are very difficult to find. I am aware these positions are high paying eg.120k – 150k before tax, only due to working up to 70 hours a week as opposed to lower paying labourer jobs in the city which do not work these demanding hours. Id Be Prepared to work any roster eg.1 month on 1 week off 9 weeks on 3 weeks off etc Physically fit to work, no relationship commitments.
hahahaha ... what a ****ing gem :hail:

Yep, brilliant forum that. Check this gem out: hahahaha ... what a ****ing gem :hail:
Yea there are worse. I usually lurk the grad programs thread, sports, phone and international news.
Looking at going to uni I'm interested in something that will lead to a career which involves a lot of researching and/or information/record keeping. I'm probably thinking more distance education since I want to work full time still. Any ideas?
:confused: Maybe start reading a phonebook :giggle: I just try to bait and troll the Cricket thread with the aussie supporters :--D But the forum covers everything I need other then a extensive cricket discussion to which I come here on icf.