Indian team selection for Bangladesh tour on April 20

suraj

The Indian cricket squad for next month's tour of Bangladesh will be picked by the selection committee here April 20, it was announced Thursday. The two squads for the two Test matches and three One-day Internationals will be picked at the 'Cricket Centre', the headquarters of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), housed at the Wankhede Stadium here. The squads would be announced at 5 p.m. the same day. Rahul Dravid has already been appointed captain for the tour. This will be the first series for India after their pathetic performance at the World Cup in the West Indies. The team crashed out in the first round after losing two of the three group matches. The players would assemble in Kolkata May 1, and a five-day preparatory camp would be held at the Eden Gardens from May 2-6. They would leave for Dhaka May 7, said the BCCI in a statement here. Itinerary: May 10: 1st One-day International, Mirpur May 12: 2nd One-day International, Mirpur May 15: 3rd One-day Internationals, Chittagong May 18-22, 1st Test, Chittagong May 25-29: 2nd Test, Mirpur

Re: Indian team selection for Bangladesh tour on April 20

The players would assemble in Kolkata May 1, and a five-day preparatory camp would be held at the Eden Gardens from May 2-6.
in that case, ganguly will be picked for sure..

Re: Indian team selection for Bangladesh tour on April 20 who would have tht...I was thinking that after the tiring wcup our stars would be relaxing and this tour would be mainly youngsters...little did I know that we would come crashing out of the wcup and our big shots would spend sleepless nights trying to call up selectors in advance to know if they are boarding the flight to Dhaka or not :lmao: .....

I'd drop dada, sehwag, pathan, bhajji, from both forms. drop uthappa from ODI's, take gambhir instead. and drop dhoni from tests. Karthik can keep for us there. Dhoni needs a kick up his a$$
+ drop SRT from tests.

I'd drop dada, sehwag, pathan, bhajji, from both forms. drop uthappa from ODI's, take gambhir instead. and drop dhoni from tests. Karthik can keep for us there. Dhoni needs a kick up his a$$
+ drop SRT from tests.
No. I'd keep him in the test team, but hey, thats just my opinion.

Squad on April 20 Squad on April 20 A STAFF REPORTER GETTING READY April 20: Selectors meet in Mumbai. May 1: Team India players assemble in Calcutta. May 2: Conditioning camp gets underway. May 6: Conditioning camp concludes. May 7: ODI squad departs from Calcutta. Calcutta: The suspense over whether ?oldies? Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly will head for Bangladesh for the entire tour or just the Test series will become clear next Friday. That?s the day when the national selectors ? chairman Dilip Vengsarkar, Venkatapathi Raju, Bhupinder Singh, Sanjay Jagdale and Ranjib Biswal ? meet in Mumbai to select the teams for the three ODIs (May 10-15) and the two Tests (May 18-29). The Indians will have a conditioning camp in the city from May 2 to 6, after assembling on May 1. Their departure has been fixed for May 7. Vengsarkar said in Mumbai that the selectors were looking to pick a pool of 20 players for the Tests and ODIs. ?We are looking at a pool of around 20. I can?t say anything more.? The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Niranjan Shah said that the working committee had told the selectors to choose a young team but it was entirely up to them how they went about their task. ?We decided that a young team be chosen for the Bangladesh tour, but I cannot say who will be in the team or who will not be. It?s up to the selectors,? Shah said.

Re: Indian team selection for Bangladesh tour on April 20 Selectors give seniors full support Kadambari Murali New Delhi, April 13, 2007 First Published: 01:00 IST(13/4/2007) Last Updated: 01:36 IST(13/4/2007) Senior Indian cricketers who were part of the World Cup campaign are very much in the selectors' scheme of things for the tour of Bangladesh. On Thursday, a selector told the Hindustan Times that although "there will be two different teams" ? for the Tests and the ODIs ? the selectors were not in favour of making large-scale changes or "dropping seniors" simply for the sake of some grandstanding. "There has to be a sense of perspective," he said. "We cannot afford to lose in Bangladesh. So we will pick a combination that can go there and win." The squads will be picked in Mumbai on April 20. The selection committee will pick the "best squad possible", irrespective of age or any other factor, including directives from anywhere. He said the selectors would "probably introduce two or three new faces in the one-day squad" so that they can test the youngsters in international competition. "It is difficult to assess people from their performances in first-class cricket," he said. For the rest, the selectors are inclined to go with the people with experience, especially in the Test squad, "which might see a couple of changes at the top, as the middle order is pretty much settled", he said. A clearer picture will emerge when the selectors meet in Ahmedabad next week during the Twenty20 Knockout Cup and "discuss possibilities". Media reports over the past couple of weeks have said a directive from the BCCI to the selection committee will result in dramatic changes, with many high-profile seniors being dropped. BCCI chief Sharad Pawar's statement on Wednesday, however, may have cleared the air. "I'm not promoting or suggesting anybody," he said. "It is up to the selectors whatever team they pick the best team will go." The team's departure for Dhaka, on May 7, will be preceded by a mini-camp at the Eden Gardens from May 2 to 6. ------------------------------- Can't media wait for a week?? :mad: