What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be...

Sooda

Tests Gambhir Jaffer Dravid Yuvraj Venugopal Rao/Badrinath Kaif MSD Munaf Sreesanth Ranadeb Bose? Powar maybe ....not much there by way of 'change' but it would be unfair to pick 'youth' over GG who was good in the SA tour matches or Kaif who deserves a good test run. Venu or Badri shd be there at 5...possibly Venu, hes been more consistent over a longer time... ODIs tricky one this Dinesh Kartik Uthappa Dravid Yuvraj MSD Raina Joginder Powar Ranadeb Bose Zaheer Munaf I haven't been that adventurous with my selections really have I...

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Tests: Sehwag Jaffar Dravid Tendulkar Yuvraj Ganguly Dhoni Sreesanth (VRV if Sree is injured) Zaheer Kumble Munaf OneDay: Gambhir/Uthappa Tendulkar Sehwag/Tiwari/Karthik (pick 2) Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Powar Zaheer Sree/VRV/Bose Munaf

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Test Gambhir Jaffer Tendulkar Dravid Yuvraj Kaif Karthik Munaf Zaheer Powar Chawla maybe for ODI Gambhir Uthappa Dravid Raina Yuvraj Kaif/dinesh mongia karthik Munaf Sreesanth Joginder or any other fast bowler Chawla

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be...

Tests: Sehwag Gambhir Dravid Tendulkar Yuvraj Ganguly Dhoni Sreesanth (VRV if Sree is injured) Zaheer Kumble Munaf
If I'm not wrong, Jaffer had hit a ton on the last test played by India. So how can you drop him? On what basis have you not included Laxman? I say drop/rest Sachin from ODIs and Sehwag from tests for their good.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Tendulkar* Tendulkar(vc) Tendulkar(Batting coach) Tendulkar(Manager) Tendulkar(Fielding coach) Tendulkar(Running coach) Tendulkar+ Tendulkar(Physio) Tendulkar(Coach coach) Tendulkar(Bowling coach) Tendulkar(Psychologist)

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... i would say manoj tiwari and ranadeb bose in tests for sure. In ODIs Joginder Singh. Give him and any other decent all rounder one finds a long long rope. 20 ODIs at least. 10 in the sub continent and 10 in seaming and bouncy pitches.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be...

No Munda you're probably right...but he deserves a run to see whether thats for real. He did do ok in SAf. In any case there aren't any other REAL contenders...
Gambhir got a number of chances from the Bombay test in 2004 to SL series towards the end of 2005. He did not grab his chances in those 10+tests and hence had to be dropped. If I'm not wrong, he did not play any international match in SA. So wonder how you say that he did ok in SA!!