What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be...

Sooda

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Chandan, GG did ok on the tour matches- admittedly not much to go on but its all we got. No he wasn't great in his first stint, but hes supposed to be changed player... dsr, think you'll find SRT may be 'rested' for this tour...if not he should be....

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Test team 1. Gautam Gambhir 2. Wasim Jaffer 3. Rahul Dravid. 4. Sachin Tendulkar 5. VVS Laxman. 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. Dinesh Karthik 8. Munaf Patel 9. VRV Singh 10. Sreesanth(if fit, otherwise Ishant Sharma) 11. Romesh Powar 12th man = Ranadeb Bose ODI Team 1. Gautam Gambhir 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. Rahul Dravid 4. Yuvraj Singh 5. Venugopal Rao 6. Manoj Tiwary 7. Dinesh Karthik 8. Romesh Pawar 9. Munaf Patel 10. Sreesanth (If fit), or Ishant Sharma/Bose 11. VRV Singh

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... ODI In the batting department I would take out Tendulkar, Sehwag, and Dhoni, for ODI's In the bowling department I would drop Harbhajan, Munaf (unless becomes fitt), Agarkar. I would bring VRV Singh, Ishant Sharma or RP Singh. And I would bring Piyiush Chawla as our number 1 choice spin bowler. TESTS I would drop Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni, Yuvrag and Sehwag. Bring in Uthappa, Khartik (as number 1 choice WK) Gambir, Jaffer and a few from Domestic level. In the bowling department I would take out Munaf, Agarkar and Harbhajan. I would bring in Piyush Chawla VRV Singh and Ishant Charma.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... I would take all the experienced ones for test matches and young ones for ODIs. I don't want to see the likes of Rahul Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and the rest pile up a lot of runs in ODIs and continue to be picked for the rest of the year or two. My test team : Sehwag, Jaffer, Dravid, Tendulkar, VVS, Ganguly, Dhoni, Kumble, Sreesanth, Munaf and Zaheer. I would have Karthik, Powar, Venugopal Rao and Yuvraj Singh in the sidelines. My ODI team : Uthappa, Gambhir, Karthik, Yuvraj Singh, Rahul Dravid, Rohit Sharma, Dhoni, Powar, Zaheer, Munaf and Sreesanth. Tiwary, Venugopal Rao and Piyush Chawla can warm the bench. In fact I wouldn't want to see Rahul play ODIs at all but he is going to be there considering he has been named as captain. What's the point really? He has done better in test matches than ODIs as captain. He isn't getting younger anymore and will only help him if he doesn't play ODIs. I know a lot of senior players would rather play ODIs considering they make more appearances and more appearances means more money from the sponsors. ODIs have more public interest and naturally the corporates back players that make more appearance in ODIs. Also more ODIs means more money for appearances too. India play over 50 ODIs and 10-12 test matches in a year. If the players aren't playing ODIs they will have to play domestic cricket, something that they don't do it with interest.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be...

Chandan' date=' GG did ok on the tour matches- admittedly not much to go on but its all we got. No he wasn't great in his first stint, [b']but hes supposed to be changed player...
Err.. who said that he/she supposed Gambhir to be a changed player (for better) and on what grounds???

If the players aren't playing ODIs they will have to play domestic cricket, something that they don't do it with interest.
Ravi, Laxman and Jaffer, the two players who do not play ODIs have appeared for their domestic teams regularly. And i still cannot find an instance where Indian players were free for a month but didn't play the domestic cricket, and it'll be cruel to expect them to appear for their state teams just after returning from a gruelling test+Odi series. You HAVE to give them some time at least to recover. If you think some players still didn't play domestic cricket, then I'll be glad if you enlighten me by saying when that happened!

If the players aren't playing ODIs they will have to play domestic cricket, something that they don't do it with interest.
Ravi, Laxman and Jaffer, the two players who do not play ODIs have appeared for their domestic teams regularly. And i still cannot find an instance where Indian players were free for a month but didn't play the domestic cricket, and it'll be cruel to expect them to appear for their state teams just after returning from a gruelling test+Odi series. You HAVE to give them some time at least to recover. If you think some players still didn't play domestic cricket, then I'll be glad if you enlighten me by saying when that happened!
Check out how many times Anil Kumble turned up for domestic cricket Chandan. Kumble wasn't playing ODIs at all and could have spent some time playing domestic cricket but he didn't. I know Laxman didn't skipped a domestic game after the WC squad was announced. Say what you may but the Indian players after having been given preferential treatment while playing international cricket will not go play cricket domestic cricket in smaller centers.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Ravi, Kumble is 36 years old and he has to save himself as much as possible for the country. Moreover, at least he doesn't have anything like shooting ad etc to gain from the free time. So you must respect the reason for which he has not appeared for his state team. I don't agree that they are given preferential treatment or whatever.

Ravi, Kumble is 36 years old and he has to save himself as much as possible for the country. Moreover, at least he doesn't have anything like shooting ad etc to gain from the free time. So you must respect the reason for which he has not appeared for his state team. I don't agree that they are given preferential treatment or whatever.
Sorry can't agree with that. Anil was happy to play away the ODIs and always wanted to play the ODIs. Just that he wasn't selected to play for the ODIs over the last two years. I don't reckon India played way too many test matches during this period. Anil had a lot of time on hand and age over the last couple of years to play domestic cricket but he did not. Simply put they don't bother playing domestic cricket after having cemented their place in the national team. Age, time et al are simply excuses. I'm not blaming the sponsors or their ads here. I'm merely stating the fact they don't quite enjoy playing domestic cricket and are not keen to turn up for their respective domestic sides. I will dig up the number of domestic games Laxman has played over the last couple of years too. I'm sure he only played this year hoping for a place in WC team.

I'm merely stating the fact they don't quite enjoy playing domestic cricket and are not keen to turn up for their respective domestic sides.
Agree with that and I've got this impression many a times even when they've appeared for their teams. The exception was this year's Ranji final. Why does that happen? Is it because of lack of competition or lack of facilities or what? I've heard Ganguly state a number of times what hard times they have had while only trying to appear for their side. I also had read how North zone team was made to stay in a hotel which had no power supply throughout the evening and night, rooms were too bad and worse, three players had to share one room. On top of that, the food serves lacked cleanliness, so much so that 3 of NZ players who could afford better place from their own mpney, shifted to another hotel at their own expense!! I don't blame the players if they are not very enthusiastic for appearing for their zones or sides under such circumstances!

Chandan' date=' GG did ok on the tour matches- admittedly not much to go on but its all we got. No he wasn't great in his first stint, [b']but hes supposed to be changed player...
Err.. who said that he/she supposed Gambhir to be a changed player (for better) and on what grounds???
Well. The selectors for a start...or he wouldn't have been on the place to SAfrica...he scored a century vs England when they toured us as well, for India A or the Board 11. If we are to try out a new opener it should be him... The point is this is Bangladesh. The time to try out newbies is now. hence no sachin etc. AND Kaif definitely deserves a good run in the test 11. He was good in the WI, and made some crucial runs vs England too...

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Test team: Jaffer, Gambhir, Dravid, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Kaif, Dhoni, Zaheer, VRV, Powar, Munaf ODI team: Uthappa, Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj, 2 out of (Kaif/Raina/Tiwary/Sharma), Dhoni, Munaf, Zaheer, Powar, VRV

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Sooda, But the thing is that Gambhir is not a newbie but is a discard. And yes, even at that time he had got entry in the team by hitting a number of tons, in domestic cricket, A tours as well as vs foreign countries. But he failed at teat level or even at ODI level.

Test team: Jaffer, Gambhir, Dravid, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Kaif, Dhoni, Zaheer, VRV, Powar, Munaf ODI team: Uthappa, Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj, 2 out of (Kaif/Raina/Tiwary/Sharma), Dhoni, Munaf, Zaheer, Powar, VRV
Another one to axe Sachin Tendulkar for Kaif :lmao: This board has gone crazy :eek: