Bhajji in ODIs since WC 2003

Sooda

Top spinners since the 2003 World Cup (at least 75 matches) Bowler Matches Wickets Average Econ Strike rate Muttiah Muralitharan 81 126 22.89 3.88 35.3 Daniel Vettori 92 117 26.03 3.98 39.1 Brad Hogg 76 96 27.16 4.57 35.6 Mohammad Rafique 79 87 33.25 4.19 47.5 Shoaib Malik 106 81 33.59 4.45 45.2 Chris Gayle 98 82 4.75 4.67 44.5 Harbhajan Singh 76 76 36.47 4.08 53.6 Ave of 36. Very ordinary to say the least. Look at Vettori, Hogg is pricey but picks up wickets at least...we should put Harby on a sabbatical.

Re: Bhajji in ODIs since WC 2003 Absolutely.. No contribution with bat as well. We need a guy who does multiple things. If can't bowl best in the innings then take an outstanding catch and saves 20 runs.... :wtg: Take him. My backing to SRT is for that very reason. More than avg fielding, Avg bowling and good batting... But if he is not in good form. Drop him. Similary, Yuvi dont bowl, Gangs dont bowl, Dravid dont bowl. Utthapa dont bowl. Sehwag barely can bat. I think we can risk playing Dravid, and Utthapa but rest should be dropped. Find bowlers, especially spinners who can bat a little bit. These Dilshan, Jayasurya, are winning them matches because even after 5 down they are confortably getting 50 odd runs to win the matches. Bhajj, Sehwag, Gangs and SRT... ALL GOOO :duh:

Re: Bhajji in ODIs since WC 2003

Absolutely.. No contribution with bat as well. We need a guy who does multiple things. If can't bowl best in the innings then take an outstanding catch and saves 20 runs.... :wtg: Take him. My backing to SRT is for that very reason. More than avg fielding, Avg bowling and good batting... But if he is not in good form. Drop him. Similary, Yuvi dont bowl, Gangs dont bowl, Dravid dont bowl. Utthapa dont bowl. Sehwag barely can bat. I think we can risk playing Dravid, and Utthapa but rest should be dropped. Find bowlers, especially spinners who can bat a little bit. These Dilshan, Jayasurya, are winning them matches because even after 5 down they are confortably getting 50 odd runs to win the matches. Bhajj, Sehwag, Gangs and SRT... ALL GOOO :duh:
If you drop Yuvi who will score runs???? He is our best bat as of now

Re: Bhajji in ODIs since WC 2003 bajji has been overrated for last 5 yrs.... he doesnt even look like, he can buy a wicket..... there are 1000 panesars in india.... they all get lost because of some glamor boy like this idi0t.... IMO, Joshi was a better odi player.... he never got his chances thanks to one Ganguly' s preference for Bajji...

Re: Bhajji in ODIs since WC 2003 Wow, Vettori's numbers make a very impressive reading. I never knew he had done so well. As for Harbhajan, yes - i think it's time he was dropped. A waste of a spot, and he doesn't look capable of bowling economically these days either. Spinners don't necessarily need to take 3 wickets in every match, but they should be able to bowl 10 tidy overs at the very least. I'd give Powar the role of lead-spinner - his bowling has a wicket taking threat to it, and he doesn't rely on the surface as much. In his relatively short career thus far, he has taken some big wickets.

Re: Bhajji in ODIs since WC 2003 No mate. I didn't say drop Yuvi. I gave total picture as to these guys cant bowl. But Yuvi is a terrific fielder. He can take some stunning catches, save some runs. He is defnitely in. Look at my last line. Those 4 need to go...

Absolutely.. No contribution with bat as well. We need a guy who does multiple things. If can't bowl best in the innings then take an outstanding catch and saves 20 runs.... :wtg: Take him. My backing to SRT is for that very reason. More than avg fielding, Avg bowling and good batting... But if he is not in good form. Drop him. Similary, Yuvi dont bowl, Gangs dont bowl, Dravid dont bowl. Utthapa dont bowl. Sehwag barely can bat. I think we can risk playing Dravid, and Utthapa but rest should be dropped. Find bowlers, especially spinners who can bat a little bit. These Dilshan, Jayasurya, are winning them matches because even after 5 down they are confortably getting 50 odd runs to win the matches. Bhajj, Sehwag, Gangs and SRT... ALL GOOO :duh:
no offense mate but that is just one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The reason why the indian team doesn't do well is not because our players aren't versatile its because people don't do their jobs. Cricket is a very simple game...if the batters go out and do their job properly, bat with poise and concentration they will score more than enough runs that the bowlers won't have to worry about batting. IF the bowlers go out and complete their alloted 10 overs with a healthy economy rate while picking up a few wickets then we don't have to worry about batsmen who can bowl. And everyone should field well regardless of position or age. Bhajji should def go, not because he's lousy with teh bat but because he's lousy with the ball...Gang's he made a great come back but how much longer can he play? 2 years tops...he should retire and let his protege Manoj Tiwary take his rightful place in the squad. SRT has gotta retire...sorry mate you're not going to make it to the 2011 WC. And poor guy he's just destroying his averages, his legacy and his aura. He's lost it...he's lost so much respect and it just hurts me to see him like htis. I hope he plays well against australia and then just retires. Sehwag needs to be given another chance actually. I hate the guy, but if he plays like he did in the WC then he might have a good 5 years left. But we have to keep a very, very close watch on him and not accept any BS. He needs to lose weight!

Re: Bhajji in ODIs since WC 2003 To be fair to him he has been economical 4ish rpo is not bad at all -the best on that list after Murali and Vettori...in line with his new role as an run -saving rather- than -wicket -taking -option- BUT we want Bhajji the wicket taker...and 76 wkts in 76 games isn't great

To be fair to him he has been economical 4ish rpo is not bad at all -the best on that list after Murali and Vettori...in line with his new role as an run -saving rather- than -wicket -taking -option- BUT we want Bhajji the wicket taker...and 76 wkts in 76 games isn't great
u dont get satisfied like tht, Sooda.... look at Vettori's SR and look at this loud-mouth's.... this is afterall the land of spin and do we have to compromise on an average peddler...

To be fair to him he has been economical 4ish rpo is not bad at all -the best on that list after Murali and Vettori...in line with his new role as an run -saving rather- than -wicket -taking -option- BUT we want Bhajji the wicket taker...and 76 wkts in 76 games isn't great
u dont get satisfied like tht, Sooda.... look at Vettori's SR and look at this loud-mouth's.... this is afterall the land of spin and do we have to compromise on an average peddler...
Very True :hic: :hic: Looks like this average peddler is still resting on his 2001 laurels. In my opinion , he has been always lucky , first to have the backing of Ganguly and now Bindra. I say drop this dead weight for good. Where art thou you , Piyush Chawla.

Where art thou you , Piyush Chawla.
KR, if Piiyush is picked on the ability that I saw him last time, you will be disappointed.... he didnt make the transitions and from all reports, he still hasnt..... he needs urgent help... a month with LS can go a long way... to digress a bit, i would like LS(Siva) to be our spin bowling consultant at the academy or the team... every single analysis of his wen a spinner is bowling is spot on.... and i have seen LS play and he was one of the most skillful spinner, i have ever seen.... at the moment, our best bet for odis is powar.... last 10 matches, 16 wickets at 24 average... tht is number 2 on tht list... obviously, it is exaggerated because of the small sample size.... but u get the gist..... the retarded Colonel, VengFacker DROPPED Powar.... and he has not even been touched in this entire enquiry.... the day we lost to bangla, i opened a thread demanding the facker to resign....