Heat of the moment- SRT

suraj

News I did it at heat of moment: Tendulkar Cricket News / Ashish Shukla PrintCommentMail GRENADA, April 14: Sachin Tendulkar has sought to defuse the crisis over his outburst against Greg Chappell by suggesting that he did it at the "heat of moment." Tendulkar wrote to Indian cricket board president Sharad Pawar in response to the show-cause notice served to him that his reaction to The Times of India newspaper was done in the heat of moment. "It was done in the heat of moment and I wouldn't do it again," Tendulkar has written to Pawar. Yuvraj Singh, the other person who was slapped with a show-cause notice, also had an apologetic tone to his reply. It is learnt that Yuvraj has replied he wanted to support a senior player and "show to everyone that there is a unity within the team." Interestingly, both Tendulkar and Yuvraj sought advices before preparing their brief reply to the board. Tendulkar spoke to Pawar himself who adviced him to prepare a short "two-line reply" to the show-cause notice served to him. Yuvraj, interestingly, consulted chief selector Dilip Vengsarkar before preparing his reply. It's an indication that the dashing left-hander is expecting some responsibility come his way. It is generally believed, as reported in these columns, that Yuvraj could be made vice-captain for tour to Bangladesh. Interestingly, the letter served to two Indian stars by the board doesn't have any "show-cause notice" mentioned on it. The two Indian cricket stars sent in their reply well before the last date which expires on Saturday. Interestingly, the board's letter to Tendulkar has caused heartburn in Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA). The Mumbai cricket body held a meeting on Friday in which they vent their displeasure against Lalchand Rajput, Mumbai nominee in board's meeting, for not standing up in support of Tendulkar. "Tendulkar's statement to The Times of India newspaper was hardly a breach of contract. He only said that he didn't like his commitment being questioned. It doesn't deserve a rap from the board," said a top Mumbai cricket body official. Meanwhile, Indian board has terminated the contract of Ian Fraser, the controversial bio-mechanist of the Indian team. Fraser was mostly seen in Indian cricket circles as Greg Chappell's prop and cricketers in private were dismissive of his contributions. But board hasn't done the same to two other members of the support staff, physio John Gloster and trainer Gregory Allan King. Gloster is not rated highly in board circles and players too are critical of him but the board believes he is presently treating injuries of some key players and it's best he is allowed to continue. Gloster's term has now been extended to December. The same has been done with King. http://worldcup.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1907303.cms

Re: Heat of the moment- SRT The Gossip A woman repeated a bit of gossip about a neighbor. Within a few days the whole community knew the story. The person it concerned was deeply hurt and offended. Later the woman responsible for spreading the rumor learned that it was completely untrue. She was very sorry and went to a wise old sage to find out what she could do to repair the damage. " Go to the marketplace," he said, "and purchase a chicken, and have it killed. Then on your way home, pluck its feathers and drop them one by one along the road." Although surprised by this advice, the woman did what she was told. The next day the wise man said, "Now go and collect all those feathers you dropped yesterday and bring them back to me." The woman followed the same road, but to her dismay, the wind had blown the feathers all away. After searching for hours, she returned with only three in her hand. " You see," said the old sage, "it's easy to drop them, but it's impossible to get them back. So it is with gossip. It doesn't take much to spread a rumor, but once you do, you can never completely undo the wrong." :doh::doh::doh:

Re: Heat of the moment- SRT

"It was done in the heat of moment and I wouldn't do it again," Tendulkar has written to Pawar.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Translation: Masterji, i pooped as usual, when Chappell put some "pressure" on me. I have been hearing calls to drop me from the side. Please accept my apologies & help me fill my pockets, huzoor. :hic: