Akram blasts Inzamam, terms him a 'dictator'

King

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1090862 Akram blasts Inzamam, terms him a 'dictator' PTI Saturday, April 14, 2007 16:16 IST NEW DELHI: Cricketer-turned-commentator Wasim Akram has slammed Pakistan's former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, saying his "dictatorial" ways contributed to the team's decline in recent times. "Inzy definitely had become a dictator. He had obviously become very powerful," Akram said. "I know for a fact that Bob Woolmer and the foreign back-up staff would approach him for leave. I have seen senior PCB officials sitting at his residence and awaiting orders. These things are not good for cricket," the legendary all-rounder said. "For any captain, he must first win the trust of his teammates, get some victories under his belt and power will automatically come. You don't have to clamour for power," Akram said. Akram also backed Shoaib Malik as Pakistan's next captain. With Younis Khan reportedly declining to take up the captaincy, Akram said Pakistan have little to choose from. "The only ones who can handle the job are Mohammed Yousuf and Shoaib Malik. Shoaib Malik is a good choice. He is young and he is talented," Akram said. "We should back him and groom this lad. I don't think we have much of a choice, if Younis is not interested." Younis reportedly told the Pakistan Cricket Board two days ago that he was not inclined to take over from Inzamam, who stepped down following the team's exit from the World Cup. According to reports, Younis wanted complete authority in running the team, which the PCB was not willing to give him.

Re: Akram blasts Inzamam, terms him a 'dictator' Akram calling Inzi a dictator is akin to pot calling the kettle black. I still remember most members in the Pak team which included Inzi, Waqar and Mushy calling him a dictator when he was the captain in the 90's. Maybe , he is right in this case, but I would still take it with a pinch of salt.

Re: Akram blasts Inzamam, terms him a 'dictator'

"I know for a fact that Bob Woolmer and the foreign back-up staff would approach him for leave. I have seen senior PCB officials sitting at his residence and awaiting orders. These things are not good for cricket," the legendary all-rounder said.
If that's true then we might have another mafia on our hands :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Akram blasts Inzamam, terms him a 'dictator'

What a hypocrite this Akram dude is ? WTF was he when captain ? Someone should remind him of the way he bullied Ata-ur-Rehman during the match fixing episode.
the point is that atleast Akram had his team performing, took them to 99 world cup final as well. What big thing has inzi done as captain for Pakistan ? just win some masala odi games and victories in home tests. I wouldnt mind if he would dictate the team as long as they were performing.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Akram blasts Inzamam, terms him a 'dictator' baat paet ki kar raha hai inzi.. agar captain big-headed tha to powerful tha to pata chalta hai banki ke log jo mere upar the unki kabliyat