SRK Detained and Humiliated at Newark Airport

Rajiv

Not surprised. "Random profiling" is reaching previously unseen levels at Newark, so much so that having to travel quite a decent amount I have changed my airport of preference to LaGuardia. I was "randomly" searched for extra screening 4 times out of the last 6 flights I took out of Newark and I don't even have a Muslim name.

He and his muslim bodyguard were questioned, his assistant "santosh" wasn't Must be some crazy ass immigration officer, here at the border they have US army and in spite of showing Canadian passport, they ask "country of birth" The one thing I hate abt the whole ordeal is how they call u "sir" My problem is I have Indian hindu name, but a middle eastern looking face

Not surprised. "Random profiling" is reaching previously unseen levels at Newark' date=' so much so that having to travel quite a decent amount I have changed my airport of preference to LaGuardia. I was "randomly" searched for extra screening 4 times out of the last 6 flights I took out of Newark and I don't even have a Muslim name.[/quote'] I too was once searched at Newark airport thoroughly. They sent my carry-on baggage 3 times through the scanner, as if something will magically pop up the second or third time around. Then they opened it and emptied it completely and were searching the walls of the bag. Finally one officer told the guy searching to let me go but this guy for some reason was reluctant and half heartedly let me go. All the other passengers were staring at me. :(( I neither have a muslim name nor middle eastern looks. :dontknow:

Not surprised. "Random profiling" is reaching previously unseen levels at Newark' date=' so much so that having to travel quite a decent amount I have changed my airport of preference to LaGuardia. I was "randomly" searched for extra screening 4 times out of the last 6 flights I took out of Newark and I don't even have a Muslim name.[/quote'] Its not random profiling. Its racial profiling. At the end of the day the terrorists are generally muslim. So any security personell of any calibre are clearly going to target muslims for any search! You can argue about the political correctness of it. But you cant argue the logic as if your only goal is to stop terrorism and nothing else, then security personell should sadly target muslims more. Of course it is sad and unfortunate. But this is the world we live in. Securitry versus Human Rights? Take your pick what you go for, clealry USA is putting security and the saftey of their citizens first!

Its not random profiling. Its racial profiling. At the end of the day the terrorists are generally muslim. So any security personell of any calibre are clearly going to target muslims for any search! You can argue about the political correctness of it. But you cant argue the logic as if your only goal is to stop terrorism and nothing else, then security personell should sadly target muslims more. Of course it is sad and unfortunate. But this is the world we live in. Securitry versus Human Rights? Take your pick what you go for, clealry USA is putting security and the saftey of their citizens first!
I'm with you and I know it's racial profiling that's why I put random profiling in quotes. I agree we should be willing to give up a bit of our liberties that we enjoyed to an extent to make the world a better place. But then again, it's my choice to decide my departure airport because flying out on Monday mornings isn't the best of times anyways and if you will be given that extra check up it just makes it worse. Till now, I've found LaGuardia much more friendly than Newark - let's see how long it lasts. I personally don't think much BS there because it does not have too many international flights.

I'm with you and I know it's racial profiling that's why I put random profiling in quotes. I agree we should be willing to give up a bit of our liberties that we enjoyed to an extent to make the world a better place. But then again, it's my choice to decide my departure airport because flying out on Monday mornings isn't the best of times anyways and if you will be given that extra check up it just makes it worse. Till now, I've found LaGuardia much more friendly than Newark - let's see how long it lasts. I personally don't think much BS there because it does not have too many international flights.
Does LaGuardia have international flights? I thought its strictly domestic airport. :omg:

i dont know about srk but i like my time at the airport... the delightful opportunity to stink up the place with three week old socks, and the repeated flatulence when i am bent over and taking it in the name of security... random profiling my ****... i wish they did a better job an making those idiots more aware

Its not random profiling. Its racial profiling. At the end of the day the terrorists are generally muslim. So any security personell of any calibre are clearly going to target muslims for any search! You can argue about the political correctness of it. But you cant argue the logic as if your only goal is to stop terrorism and nothing else, then security personell should sadly target muslims more. Of course it is sad and unfortunate. But this is the world we live in. Securitry versus Human Rights? Take your pick what you go for, clealry USA is putting security and the saftey of their citizens first!
assuming that this invasion or privacy is indeed effective... as was demonstrated it is not. a security agency slipped over two dozen forbidden items across the security screens.

Actually, my name "Shwetabh" does sound and write like a reasonably known Muslim name, "Shahdab", and a not so common one, "Shataab". My guess is that either some anal officer in charge has joined there recently or they have some tips.
Actually, I thought u were Muslim also- I have never heard that name before

Its plain racism. SRK is a known name. One might get confused with the surname, but it would never take more than a few minutes to establish his identity. That immigration officer's colleagues were ready to vouch for him, but the guy was bent on spending more time. Even a mere search in Google would show up numerous photographs if he still suspected his real identity. A phone call to the Indian embassy or the organization that had invited him would have bee sufficient. Having said that, SRK is making a film called "My name is Khan", which is based on exactly the same subject. I would not be surprised at all if this is a publicity stunt.

Actually' date=' I thought u were Muslim also- I have never heard that name before[/quote'] He probably is..... otherwise why would he jump on any instance of someone remotely questioning Indian muslim patriotism and sending warning messages and exerting his mod power. Wonder who made him a mod... he's clearly far from neutral... I've been following his comments in the politics section for a while....

OK, I am not sure if anyone remembers this ( and again b4 the Google warriors ask for proof, this was 1999 ). We all know that Sachin went back to attend his fathers funeral in the middle of the WC, there was an article about what happened to him when he came back As far as I can remember, when he arrived in UK, it was either some Scottish or some officer who had no clue abt world cup cricket in England ( actually many in England didn't know abt it either ), and was questioned by him ater seeing too many bats or something We all know how humble sachin is and he was asked if he made a good living, as modest as he is, sachin replied that its quite good A friend of sachin came to pick him up ( plz dont ask who he was ).

SRK thinks he's God.... he's only God in India not in US.... In USA..they don't care how famous you're... they strictly go by the rules....hence there has NOT been 1 single act of terrorism since 9/11 and how many acts of terrorism happened in India after the parliament bombing? instead of blaming USA...may be SRK should blame his so called brothers in faith for maligning the name

OK, I am not sure if anyone remembers this ( and again b4 the Google warriors ask for proof, this was 1999 ). We all know that Sachin went back to attend his fathers funeral in the middle of the WC, there was an article about what happened to him when he came back As far as I can remember, when he arrived in UK, it was either some Scottish or some officer who had no clue abt world cup cricket in England ( actually many in England didn't know abt it either ), and was questioned by him ater seeing too many bats or something We all know how humble sachin is and he was asked if he made a good living, as modest as he is, sachin replied that its quite good A friend of sachin came to pick him up ( plz dont ask who he was ).
batao na :girly1:

SRK thinks he's God.... he's only God in India not in US.... In USA..they don't care how famous you're... they strictly go by the rules....hence there has NOT been 1 single act of terrorism since 9/11 and how many acts of terrorism happened in India after the parliament bombing?
where does he say that ? has he issued any statement that we are not aware of ?

He probably is..... otherwise why would he jump on any instance of someone remotely questioning Indian muslim patriotism and sending warning messages and exerting his mod power. Wonder who made him a mod... he's clearly far from neutral... I've been following his comments in the politics section for a while....
??? Buddy, no one made him MOD - he is one of the founders like me. I will let him reply but your comment is outta line and to the contrary, we have been following your comments