If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?...

Chaos

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?... How many pollocks are tehre in the world? 2 him and mcgrath...and they are so effective because they get such prodigious bounce as well. You need to be bowling at least 130s to trouble the batsman some what. We are not saying pathan should bowl 140, 150s but 130s is a minimum i'm sorry otherwise you are not a pacer. You know I would concede your point as valid if pathan was picking up wickets and bowling tight over with his dollies, but he's not. He has been carted around not just by international batsmen but also mere ranji players.

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?... More than the pace it is to do with where you bowl. Pathan is not just slow but sprays all around, the recipe for failure. It is not the pace that makes him bad but his inconsistent line and length.

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?...

More than the pace it is to do with where you bowl. Pathan is not just slow but sprays all around' date=' the recipe for failure. It is not the pace that makes him bad but his inconsistent line and length.[/quote'] do u folks remember IP at Australia playing his debut test getting Waugh and Gilchrist out... I was so elated then...what a squandered talent...im really sad abt IP and wish he can rediscover his form...remarkable talent going waste becos head messed up?

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?... I remember the ball he got Steve Waugh was still bowled at 120+ but he reverse swung and also bowled in great areas. Now he swing all right but the only problem is it starts to swing from about middle and leg, then heads towards legside. Otherwise he will have no swing but will bowl way too short or wide. Now when you are hitting such line and length even if you bowl at 130s it still is a cannon fodder.

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?... Sadly IKP does not have as much variety and NEEDS conditions in his favour, unlike Vaas who is quite good with the older ball, and even Bracken whos been bowling so well even if conditions are not so great for movement - relying as you say on cut and good line...

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?... I'm sure Pathan will learn all those tricks and will come back stronger under proper guidance. He is the only all rounder in our team and we need to encourage him by playing him in every ODI so that he improves!!

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?... The question that i want to ask is that are these bowlers like Pathan and M Patel told to reduce their pace and work on line and length? if yes then who is the genius behind these suggestions? because to me it just makes no sense for a young fast bowler to suddenly cut down his pace and start concentrating on line and length and it's no surprise that this "line and length" bowler can't find a place in the team any more.

The question that i want to ask is that are these bowlers like Pathan and M Patel told to reduce their pace and work on line and length? if yes then who is the genius behind these suggestions? because to me it just makes no sense for a young fast bowler to suddenly cut down his pace and start concentrating on line and length and it's no surprise that this "line and length" bowler can't find a place in the team any more.
They are all grown up MP just because someone tells them to bowl line and length they don't drop pace. It isn't a secret fast bowling takes a toll on the body and a lot of quickies end up compromising line and length for injury reasons. Once a bowler goes through an injury they tend to cut down on pace hoping the line and length will come to their rescue. Also pace, swing, line and length depends a lot on the action. A subtle change in pace can make a lot of difference. Some bowlers may go a little lazy after repeated injuries. Pathan in my books was never express.

Pathan in my books was never express.
In my book as well. But he wasn't this slow too. Everything changed after he rushed back from his side-injury sustained in the Chennai test vs Aussies. Pathan was not the same since then.

Pathan in my books was never express.
In my book as well. But he wasn't this slow too. Everything changed after he rushed back from his side-injury sustained in the Chennai test vs Aussies. Pathan was not the same since then.
Agree with you , Pathan was not this slow. I still remember the ball that got Gilchrist out was bowled at 140 kmph in Australia. Probably he needs to start working on his cutters , because right now it is absent from his arsenal. I guess Prasad could be handy here as a coach.

Re: If pathan is a thudler, what is pollock?... areeeeeee baba how could u guys compare between great and disaster, pollock already playing for 10 or 12 years.and made impact on opposition. and importantly consistance.............but pathan looks like good for nothin.........

The question that i want to ask is that are these bowlers like Pathan and M Patel told to reduce their pace and work on line and length? if yes then who is the genius behind these suggestions? because to me it just makes no sense for a young fast bowler to suddenly cut down his pace and start concentrating on line and length and it's no surprise that this "line and length" bowler can't find a place in the team any more.
They are all grown up MP just because someone tells them to bowl line and length they don't drop pace. It isn't a secret fast bowling takes a toll on the body and a lot of quickies end up compromising line and length for injury reasons. Once a bowler goes through an injury they tend to cut down on pace hoping the line and length will come to their rescue. Also pace, swing, line and length depends a lot on the action. A subtle change in pace can make a lot of difference. Some bowlers may go a little lazy after repeated injuries. Pathan in my books was never express.
Injuries are a part of the fast bowler's life, so if a bowler is compromising pace so that he can stay fit for longer then he is taking the easy way out and he might as well forget about the dream of becoming a half decent international bowler.