Chucking - Murali

Re: Chucking - Murali This sh*t again? Yours truly put this one to bed in the old form like 2 years ago. Everyone from Gullu to even bonehead Anil agreed with me. Have any of you guys even read the multiple biomechanics reports from Univ. of Western Australia? Or the rules regarding "chucking?" :shrug: I have absolutley no time right now to explain everything but here's the skinny: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BEND YOUR ARM SLIGHTLY as per the rules. It isn't the flexion that's the problem ... it's the extension that happens afterwards. Yes, at the beginning of his career, Murali extended beyond the 15 degrees now established as the limit for BOTH SPINNERS AND FAST BOWLERS. But he has cut back to within legal limits. However, ... ... it isn't just Murali who used to extend past the 15, the majority of bowerls extend their elbow joint ... it's just that they're fast bowlers. The use the spurious reasoning (cheap excuse if you ask me) that because they're fast bowlers, they should be allowed to extend as the nature or their bowling requires pace. But that belies the reality that BECAUSE THEY EXTEND, they end up becoming fast bowlers. Hell if a skinny guy like me were allowed to flex and extend, I'd end up bowling faster than most professional bowlers. So the question becomes: why is a fast bowler's blatant chucking allowed to upwards of 15 degrees, whereas a cap is placed at 8 degrees for a spin bowler??? You know the reason? THERE IS NO REASON. If a sh*t-for-brains "fast" bowler is allowed to flex-extend his bowling action in order to gain extra pace, a spinner outta be allowed the SAME DEGREE of flexion-extension to gain access to bend his wrist in a position that wouldn't otherwise be possible with a completely stiff-arm action. Moreover, Murali may be a spinner, but his arm action is that of a fast bowler. That is, the rotational speed with which turns his entire arm over is as fast as or FASTER THAN most fast bowlers (this in spite of a long run up or jump). NOW I DON'T ANY MORE MURALI BASHING ON THIS BOARD. :mad: People always seem to pick on those that seem meek. Where's the ire that should be directed at Bret Lee, McGrath, Shoaib Akhtar, Shoaib Malik (known to have extended his arm upwards of 33 degress after initial flexion), our very own pav-Bhajji, and the rest of their ilk. The rules should be uniform for everyone. If you think Murali's now proven extension of 15 degrees or less is egregious, then think the same thing of ALL BOWLERS. If you're gonna ban Murali, then ban the whole lot. If you're gonna let Bret Lee play, then let Murali play. It makes absolutely no difference that he's a spinner. The man is an absolute genius--just accept it and let's end this debate once and foreover.